Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Perfecting Nin
Perfecting Nin
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-07-03 10:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Seeing as I don't have usu boots, is it safe to assume that b.haidate with crit damage and af+2 boots is the best I have at my disposal? I am obviously working on usu boots, but it's turning out to be a fairly hard challenge.

:| Goodjuice really won't take you in to buy Usu 35s?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-07-03 10:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up finding a little group to do it with. 0/12ish on the 35's :( Now sell me shells today.
By Kaerin 2011-07-04 01:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did 1 stp and 7 attack beat 4% crit damage when your crit rate is 75%?
Getting 5 or 6 stp on b haidate would put them on par with usukane shoes for decreasing the # of attacks required to reach 100 tp, and stp is the guaranteed augment when you HQ them, it's not even hard to get good STP with crit damage 4. So basically what you're saying is 7 attack does more then +3% damage. (4% damage 75% of the time is 3% damage)
Haidate and af3 shoes > af3 legs and usukane shoes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-04 08:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably somewhere around the time we started TPing in 45%+ critdmg. Iga+2/Usu holds a very narrow lead unless you're TPing in Rancor Collar, even if you're working with 5 STP and 4 critdmg. Also, NIN has an interest in getting more than just STP and critdmg on their Haidate so there's no guarantee a person will opt for an augment set with maximum STP.
By Zeyphr 2011-07-04 08:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Could make a spell interuption set, my NIN has one and is near 50% and 10% spellcast down. Thats with merits, magaraga beads, boxers, druid drope and the standard NIN SAM MNK gear with spell interupt percentages. Could hit 58% with Impatiens but im a cheep guy lol. Its a lifesaver tho
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-04 09:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Parrying skill is doing basically nothing, and some recent testing indicates that evasion is actually >evasion skill. (.9 evasion vs 1 evasion) Fugacity mantle is superior. Also ballerines in eva/haste hybrid set.
By Kaerin 2011-07-04 22:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.....
Yo dawg, 10 attack is more than a 3% damage increase, who would of known!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-04 23:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Parrying skill is doing basically nothing, and some recent testing indicates that evasion is actually >evasion skill. (.9 evasion vs 1 evasion) Fugacity mantle is superior. Also ballerines in eva/haste hybrid set.

Where/what is this recent test!?
 Leviathan.Haberym
Server: Leviathan
user: Habo
By Leviathan.Haberym 2011-07-05 00:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105548-Evasion-Skill-vs-Evasion
 Shiva.Sidous
Server: Shiva
user: sidous
By Shiva.Sidous 2011-07-05 00:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question. I see in a lot of blade hi sets people have hope torque as neck piece. i know it has agility and katana skill, but wouldn't the sea gorget be better damage wise? Just curious as i am lvling nin and hoping to get a Kannagi sometime in the future.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-05 00:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Sidous said:
I have a question. I see in a lot of blade hi sets people have hope torque as neck piece. i know it has agility and katana skill, but wouldn't the sea gorget be better damage wise? Just curious as i am lvling nin and hoping to get a Kannagi sometime in the future.
Please read the Blade: Hi WS set thread and save this thread a lot of time. :|
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-05 00:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Shiva.Sidous said:
Please read the Blade: Hi WS set thread and save this thread a lot of time. :|
Shouldn't you be lurking in a Dhalmel or a SAM thread? :|

:P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-05 01:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haberym said:
Here