Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Namas Arrow gear for SAM
Namas Arrow gear for SAM
 Asura.Hyden
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2011-06-23 23:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm working on my last stage of Yoichinoyumi and trying to get my Namas gear in order. As of now I'm thinking something like:

Head/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet seem like a no-brainer, but I'm not so sure on some of the other slots.

Neck: Light Gorget, Ire Torque +1, Hope Torque
Waist: Light Belt, Crudelis Belt, Beir Belt +1
Back: Amemet Mantle +1, Terebellum Mantle, Fortis Mantle
Earrings: Altdorf/Wilhelm, Clearview Earring, STR earring(s), Moonshade Earring (Ratk/TPbonus)
Rings: Bellona's Ring, STR rings(s)

A lot depends on target mob of course, but I guess I'm mostly just unsure on how much Ranged Attack is needed vs. STR/AGI.

Any suggestions are appreciated ^^
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2011-06-24 02:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Strength Earrings, Strength Rings, Elemental Gorget/Waist. I use Terebellum Mantle, personally.

Also, I've found TPing with Kokushitsunotachi +2 to be rather meh. I feel Quint Spear is fastest, followed by Soboro.

Edit: It's worth mentioning you don't need any ranged accuracy gear at all for Namas Arrow.
 Asura.Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2011-06-28 13:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I had been wondering if Koku was actually the best option or not. It's definitely the most annoying one lol... Was wondering about hit distribution on some of these. I seem to remember seeing info on the Oa2-4 but can't find it now :/ iirc, it's something like:

Soboro: 30:50:20 (1.9)
Khanda 2-3: 50:30:20 (1.7)
Kuko 2-4: 40:30:20:10? (2.0)
Quint: no clue

Best you can reasonable achieve seems to be 5hit w/ Soboro/Kuko and 6hit w/ Quint if I math'd right. I'd agree that Quint seems to be fastest (and superfun in WoE) but I'd like another option should acc become an issue ^^
 Asura.Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2011-06-28 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

About Namas Arrow itself, the help text reads "Temporarily Improves Ranged Accuracy". Is the duration of the Racc enhancement affected by TP? And would the eley gorget/waist be the best option in this case?

Also, does the aftermath effect the WS that activates it?
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-07-02 00:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyden, stop bugging people and go research! wtf!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-02 01:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Hyden said:
About Namas Arrow itself, the help text reads "Temporarily Improves Ranged Accuracy". Is the duration of the Racc enhancement affected by TP? And would the eley gorget/waist be the best option in this case?

Also, does the aftermath effect the WS that activates it?
It's either "More tp means more improvement to ranged acc" or
"more tp is more duration" yeah but I couldn't tell you from experience

Same with quint spear, I've barely used mine for months but gl
iirc it's just duration
100tp = 20s
200tp = 40s
300tp = 60s
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2011-07-02 06:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see the thread updated, sorry for the late reply. xD

You can pretty easily 6-hit with capped gear haste using Quint spear and only Rajas Ring for Namas Arrow. Namas Arrow has an fTP of 2.75, which benefits a lot more from the appropriate elemental gorget/waist than using a strength based option.

Aftermath TP only affects the duration, as Wolfshadow said. Aftermath effect is a boost to Ranged Accuracy, but I don't know exactly how much.

Namas Arrow will only benefit from Yoichinoyumi's aftermath if you use Namas Arrow while the aftermath is still up. Unlike Empyrean weapons, relic weapons refresh their aftermath if you continue to use the relic weaponskill. In my experience, Namas Arrow has a 95% hit rate regardless of archery skill and ranged accuracy gear. The only thing that will lower the hit rate is a Flash effect.
 Asura.Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2011-07-02 09:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ant is mean :( and ty for the replies guys ^^