Coming Back After A 2 Year Break...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Coming back after a 2 year break...
Coming back after a 2 year break...
By Israel 2011-06-21 20:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, 2 years ago I had to quit ffxi due to financial reasons(moving to a new house and the birth of my second child) so I gave my accounts to a friend. Well I'm able to pick it up again however my buddy doesn't sangho give up my old accounts. I was curious if anyone on siren has quit and would like to let me use/have their old accounts. I'm starting a new account now but to grind up my main and sub and attemPt to get as far as I did on my old character (Israel) just seems insurmountable. So humbly I ask for any veterans with dead accounts, if you would be willing, may I take it over so I can jump in where I left off 2 years ago? Thanks! And trolls you're not going to hurt my despite or make me cry with anything you say. I can see now hordes of responses about hackers or gilbuyer or rmt or whatever. I'm legit, enough said. I just miss it but don't want to spend all the time solo getting back to where I can play with my friends again and learn the new content.
By Israel 2011-06-21 20:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

iPhone 4 auto correct sucks sometimes. Lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-21 20:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, if you get somebody's account, they might not have the jobs leveled that you want to play, so you might have to do just do it again anyways (minus the easy as heck LB quests). Soloing is rather easy these days with massive exp bonuses and such. I do wish you luck though mate ^^
By Israel 2011-06-21 20:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you much! Yea I had ninja whitemage and warrior to 75 when I quit and had zm cop and toa complete. Any job @75 would be fine cuz I would be able to at least run around with my buddies. My new character, Mozez, had 32war 17nin and 23thf rank 6 sandy but tothink of doug all cop zm and millions of quests for fame lol. I'm not begging by any means since I am trying to solo a new character but on skype listening to them kill nms in abbyesa while I grind in la theine gets me a little jealous lol
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-21 20:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd poke in and say that the game has changed and for you to get a job to "good" status from nothing is going to take a fraction of the work it took you a couple of years ago. The only real problem would be money - starting a mage (particularly blm) has become increasingly expensive.

Assuming you know this and have been lurking around, good luck.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-21 20:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya Misthief basically nailed it as well. EXP grinding in abyssea is MAD easy. I took dnc from 43 to 77 in 1 night, no joke.
By Israel 2011-06-21 20:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap! Yea I heard whm, blm and nin are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE expensive nowadays. I was told to go thf/dnc by my friends, which I'm used to cuz my wife was able to get her account back who has a 75thf on it. I'm mostly dreading all the quests for fame (30 slots suck!!!) and redoing the expansions again, tho my buddy did solo promies for me lol that was funny.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 21:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a group of nice friends who know what they're doing, you can take a level 30 job to 90 in 4-6 hours. Mage jobs are generally expensive because of spells. Melee jobs are generally inexpensive (unless you are paying for merced r/ex gear) because you just need to leech to 90 and get most of your gear from abyssea. Ninja isn't expensive at all in my experience. Tools last a very long time with NTE.

Leeching a job or 2 to 90 will also allow you to build up a nice chunk of cruor which you will need for the basic abyssites/AF3 gear in abyssea. Extra cruor can be saved for brews or turned into gil.

I highly suggest getting used to abyssea ASAP. Get your 9 zone boss kills and 6 caturae kills. Get the essential atmas for your jobs, and all of the furtherance/merit/celerity/sojourn abyssites.
By Israel 2011-06-21 21:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that all sounds foreign to me, but I'll be sure to get on my friends to help me out. Only. Problem is, second shift and having a 2 and 3 yr old makes for long gaming sessions a thing of the past. I suppose I'll press on and keep my nose in the grind and solo as much as I can throughout the week as far as quests and whatnot and look for leech groups on the weekends.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 21:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Israel said:
Yea that all sounds foreign to me, but I'll be sure to get on my friends to help me out. Only. Problem is, second shift and having a 2 and 3 yr old makes for long gaming sessions a thing of the past. I suppose I'll press on and keep my nose in the grind and solo as much as I can throughout the week as far as quests and whatnot and look for leech groups on the weekends.
I suggest reading http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Abyssea when you get the chance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-06-21 21:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It really shouldn't be that hard to level up a new character anymore. I just did my alt accounts ninja to equip Hocho and getting from 0-30 took maybe 10 hours? All she pretty much had was current katanas and level 1 fishing gear the whole time. It's not too terrible with FoV and easy prey's giving 100+ exp
Also if you're worried about doing RoZ and CoP, it took me a couple hours to complete RoZ and two days to complete CoP for alt character. Been a bit too lazy to do ToAU, that might be slightly more annoying lol
By Praeter 2011-06-21 21:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so bad. While I had a friends account to use while starting over(90smn) it took me around 2 months to get 3 90s, 3 subjobs done, CoP complete, DM done, rank 6, and all other normal stuff you want to have right away.

My first 90 was Whm. I'll be blunt and say I gimped it. Easy job though to get constant invites for exp parties. I didn't find it that expensive. It's pretty damn easy to make gil. I made a good amount on wind crystals alone for the first few weeks.

Keep in mind that you know how the game works and know how to get stuff done in a productive manner. Starting over isn't really that bad. I looked at it as revisiting an entertaining adventure.