Empyrean Armor/Weapon Mercenary Services On Carby

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Empyrean Armor/Weapon Mercenary Services on Carby
Empyrean Armor/Weapon Mercenary Services on Carby
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 05:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm Asymptotic and I like Gil.
Nice to Meet You!

You want an Empyrean weapon but your LS is full of adorable brickheads and you don't have any friends? Maybe you're just lazy? I'm cool with that, I don't really care what your motivation is.

ANYWHO.

I'll help you out! Really! I will. But you'll have to do something for me. There is of course, a price attached which you can reduce by either participating in part of the process and there's even a way you can get items for absolutely free!

I don't play THF or NIN, so I'm not at max efficiency when it comes to triggering stuff and getting drops, hence by providing things such as your own popset, helping with red triggers on the prerequisite NMs, or TH whoring for me, I'll give you discounts!

Here's what I'll currently do:

1.) Briareus

Technically I'm working on Almace myself, but I'm soloing it so I'm not in a rush. Anyway, Briareus is cute and all, but his underlings are a little boring. So here's the pricing scheme:

"Asymptotic Does All The Work Price: 200k/Helm of Briareus
Provide your own popset: 100k/Helm of Briareus
Provide red triggers or Treasure Hunter for Asymptotic's popset farming: 150k/Helm of Briareus

2.) Carabosse

So I herd you like Massamune? OK, Good. Anyway, this is pretty straightforward. This one requires a mage with SHELLIV+ and HASTE.
I will either provide one, or you can provide one for a discount, too!

"Asymptotic Does All The Work Price: 150k/Carabosse's Gem
Provide your own mage (can be you!): 100k/Carabosse's Gem
Provide your own popset: 100k/Carabosse's Gem
Provide your own mage/popset:50k/Carabosse's Gem
Provide triggers or TH for farming Popset: 125k/Carabosse's Gem
Provide triggers for TH for farming popset, provide your own mage: 75k/Carabosse's Gem

3.) Sobek:

It's not required, but I prefer to do Sobek with a mage.

"Asymptotic Does All The Work" Price: 300k/Sobek's Skin
Provide your own mage (can be you!): 200k/Sobek's Skin
Provide your own popset: 150k/Sobek's Skin
Provide your own mage/popset: 100k/Sobek's Skin
Provide triggers for farming Popset: 225k/Sobek's Skin
Provide triggers for TH for farming popset, provide your own mage: 150k/Sobek's Skin

***Ask me for a quote on any empyrean armor upgrade item that exists.

NOTE FOR THE HIGH OF HOPE BUT POOR OF WALLET:

I will also trade for Glavoid pop sets or otherwise trade work for help on Glavoid!!! (I can duo Glavoid with a mage without too much difficulty, it's just a pain in the *** to do popsets for it by myself.)

OK People from other servers, feel free to start flaming now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-06-16 05:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what can go wrong with a blm/dnc?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 05:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
what can go wrong with a blm/dnc?

Nothing! Ever!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 05:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this dude.
It's a pretty good offer for lazy people!
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-06-16 06:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok... here's some problems with your post.

From the sounds of it, this is a duo option. You don't have an army on standby to make the runs as efficient as possible.

Basing this off the only empy set you've advertised up to stage 2, Almace/Kannagi (won't even go into charging 7.5M for a paperweight.)

First... 20 to 25M is a pretty steep price tag. For that kind of money, it better be done in under 48 hours (1 trial per day.) Something a single DNC is not gonna accomplish. You're charging premium rates for a half assed service. Even with the discounts.

Second, half of your target demographic for that portion of your ad (the NIN's), is more than capable of solo/duo'ing it themselves, with more red flagging options, and probably faster kills than you.

Finally, you don't have an empy yourself. Wtf are you doing trying to merc one?
Just find a few friends to work with, and instead of charging them HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amounts of money, how about you help them and they help you? Everyone wins.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-16 06:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just curious, what happens if the mage just completely *** wrecks the fight somehow, vaporizing your popset
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-16 06:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aeonknight said:
Ok... here's some problems with your post.

From the sounds of it, this is a duo option. You don't have an army on standby to make the runs as efficient as possible.

Basing this off the only empy set you've advertised up to stage 2, Almace/Kannagi (won't even go into charging 7.5M for a paperweight.)

First... 20 to 25M is a pretty steep price tag. For that kind of money, it better be done in under 48 hours (1 trial per day.) Something a single DNC is not gonna accomplish. You're charging premium rates for a half assed service. Even with the discounts.

Second, half of your target demographic for that portion of your ad (the NIN's), is more than capable of solo/duo'ing it themselves, with more red flagging options, and probably faster kills than you.

Finally, you don't have an empy yourself. Wtf are you doing trying to merc one?
Just find a few friends to work with, and instead of charging them HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amounts of money, how about you help them and they help you? Everyone wins.

is 20 milish premium pricing? who on carby is selling them cheaper?

prices on all his items are tied for or have lowest prices on ffxiah according to the bazaar function
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-06-16 06:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
No one comes to mind atm. But that's the price I've heard on other servers. Only those ads aren't from a solo DNC.

Edit: Fine maybe premium was a bit too strong of a word. Either way, the deal's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you know it. Quit making me justify myself @ 5 in the morning.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 06:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
No one comes to mind atm. But that's the price I've heard on other servers. Only those ads aren't from a solo DNC.

Edit: Fine maybe premium was a bit too strong of a word. Either way, the deal's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you know it. Quit making me justify myself @ 5 in the morning.

You'r just mad because you'r too lazy to do this yourself.
It's good gil, and people actually pay for it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-16 06:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i mean he has an emp, i don't know that he's lazy

just surprised at his response, i was actually very surprised at how low his prices were, considering the diminishing value of gil

just different perspectives i guess :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 06:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i mean he has an emp, i don't know that he's lazy

just surprised at his response, i was actually very surprised at how low his prices were, considering the diminishing value of gil

just different perspectives i guess :/

Yeah I ment him, not you :P
I think the price is fairly ok.
Some people will think its expensive, people allways do.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 06:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Well.
If someone were to be like
SUP 50 GEMS AND 50 SKINS RIGHT NOW.

Duh. I'm going to get some friends together and split the dough with them.

As for the rest, not having an empy myself etc. Perhaps you missed the "FOR THE HIGH OF HOPE, POOR OF WALLET" section.

Which is actually the most secret important part of this post 8V
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-06-16 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
No one comes to mind atm. But that's the price I've heard on other servers. Only those ads aren't from a solo DNC. Edit: Fine maybe premium was a bit too strong of a word. Either way, the deal's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you know it. Quit making me justify myself @ 5 in the morning.
Well. If someone were to be like SUP 50 GEMS AND 50 SKINS RIGHT NOW. Duh. I'm going to get some friends together and split the dough with them. As for the rest, not having an empy myself etc. Perhaps you missed the "FOR THE HIGH OF HOPE, POOR OF WALLET" section. Which is actually the most secret important part of this post 8V
Oh I didn't miss it. But it seems like more of an afterthought in leau of "pay me 100k to duo this NM with you. Oh yea, you're bringing the sets too btw." Seeing as how you're obviously interested in owning an empyrean yourself, it'd make more sense to first try to find a partner or two to take care of that yourself, rather than aim for the wallet.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 08:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I never claimed to make sense!

(Also, I do have partners for Glavoid, we're just working on Carabosse at the moment because I hate Tahrongi and keep saying we should do Carabosse instead)
By Quiznor 2011-06-16 08:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also,how does the conversion rate work?

Glavoid is tons more work than anything of the NMs you listed,especially Carabosse.

Considering its 7 or 8 NMs to pop glavoid,would trading a glavoid popset get someone 4 carabosse pops?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 08:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said:
Also,how does the conversion rate work?

Glavoid is tons more work than anything of the NMs you listed,especially Carabosse.

Considering its 7 or 8 NMs to pop glavoid,would trading a glavoid popset get someone 4 carabosse pops?

It's 6, if I remember correctly so 1:3.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-16 08:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cute.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cleaverr
user: Cleaver
By Cerberus.Cleaverr 2011-06-16 09:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the OP fails to see that the whole point of paying 20-50 mil for an emp is that your get in completed quickly .... like in 1 or 2 days by a linkshell. Why should I pay also the same to have a dnc take a decade to complete it? Time = money ..... and your taking a whole lot of both.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 09:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cleaverr said:
I think the OP fails to see that the whole point of paying 20-50 mil for an emp is that your get in completed quickly .... like in 1 or 2 days by a linkshell. Why should I pay also the same to have a dnc take a decade to complete it? Time = money ..... and your taking a whole lot of both.

Well, gotta keep them equal!
I don't want to break the balance.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-16 09:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with your pricing except for the "Provide red triggers and TH".

Seems to me that person is putting in work similar to what a shout group would require. I don't understand why they would want to help you trigger red, give you TH, and then also pay you a reduced fee.

As someone who has farmed 80 carabosse gems now, finished vere and ukon to 85, and farmed a ***ton of other trophies with my trusty mule; I would be interested in buying just because I'm getting bored with the same repetitive ***. Shame I'm not on Carbuncle.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-16 09:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I think your prices are too low, actually. A lot of people have a lot of gil and nothing to spend it on.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I'm fine with your pricing except for the "Provide red triggers and TH".

Yeah!
I dunno!

I wouldn't think anyone would take it up, but why not offer it!?
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-06-16 10:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know why everyone is raging at his prices, they seem kinda low to me.

Sure it's not gonna be fast if you have this dude farm your whole emp weapon for you, but he's not saying give me 20m and I'll make you an emp weapon. He's saying he'll sell individual upgrade items for ~200k.

If someone is farming up an almace/kannagi on their own or with a couple friends, it might be worthwhile for them to purchase a few items from this dude just to help speed up the process by a day or 2.

Not like ~200k is very hard to make, and what else are you gonna spend it on?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-06-16 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good prices.

Really good pitch.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 14:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
Don't know why everyone is raging at his prices, they seem kinda low to me.

Sure it's not gonna be fast if you have this dude farm your whole emp weapon for you, but he's not saying give me 20m and I'll make you an emp weapon. He's saying he'll sell individual upgrade items for ~200k.

If someone is farming up an almace/kannagi on their own or with a couple friends, it might be worthwhile for them to purchase a few items from this dude just to help speed up the process by a day or 2.

Not like ~200k is very hard to make, and what else are you gonna spend it on?

Dude.
You just spoke for the EXACT demographic I was going for.
I heart you.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-16 14:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally wouldn't pay for any empyrean items because I always enjoy just getting them myself more than buying my way through it.

However, I don't see why people always have a problem with these sort of posts, even if the prices are ridiculously steep, why comment on them to tell people they are? It's their choice to sell at that price, if they want to sell high, then they can and there's usually nothing we can do to change their mind.

(Note that I'm not saying your prices are steep Asymptotic, I actually believe your prices are pretty decent compared to some of the prices I hear from people trying to sell these.)

Regardless, I always find that any sort of posts like this always get way too much attention and usually flamed to hell. I understand that some of these posts can be priced at extremely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE prices, but that's the seller's choice of price, and I always find it pointless when people comment "u crazy". Just let them sell for whatever price they want, and if it's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE price they just won't get any sales. And when some idiot does pay their ridiculous prices, we can point and laugh at them.

Anyways, good luck to you Asymp! Your prices sound good to me.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Virt!
Gotta do something to keep myself from levelling BRD!

I actually took it seriously and made it 5 levels yesterday! D:
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-16 15:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

all i really want to know is this

do you accept kindred and beastmen seals and having a kannagi nin for anything you need
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-06-16 15:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

do you accept kindred and beastmen seals and having a kannagi nin for anything you need

I don't know!
But I just finished one of your Sobek popsets!
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-06-16 20:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

I don't know!
But I just finished one of your Sobek popsets!

All i want to know is,can i learn goblin rush off sobek...
[+]
First Page 2