Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » New-ish to windower, and highly confused
New-ish to windower, and highly confused
By Gandhi 2011-06-14 11:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I've been using windower for a while now, and haven't been using spellcast (Yes, shame on me). Well now I'm looking into it, and it seems highly confusing. I have no programming background, or anything of the like.

So I guess I'm just looking for a basic spellcast that I can edit to use my gear for tp/ws since it confuses the hell outta me.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2011-06-14 11:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: I derped. Warrior Forums. Give me a second and I'll see if I can find one that might work for you.

Take a look at any of these and then just plug your gear in and save it as either WAR.XML or Playername_WAR.XML and place it in your /plugins/spellcast folder.

I recommend using notepad++ for editing it as it will mark up the tags so it's easier to edit and understand and helps with mistakes in case you don't close a tag somewhere.

We need more information than that.

For what job is the SpellCast XML for?

What abilities/spells do you want it to manage equipment for?

Do you need idle/resting/engaged sets?

etc.

Make sure you're using the latest version of SpellCast since the XML markup for older versions doesn't work with newer versions.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-14 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a very basic warrior xml I used to make my first xml for the job with.
I'll see if I can find it!

Edit:
http://wiki.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml2.3/war/biblo_war

It's very basic with barely any rules/sets, but you can easily just add from there.

Edit again!:

Shiva.Darkshade said:

I recommend using notepad++ for editing it as it will mark up the tags so it's easier to edit and understand and helps with mistakes in case you don't close a tag somewhere.

This very much.
Notepad++ makes it alot easier to keep track of your code.
I had no experience with programming at all(well, very vety little:P) prior to this, and I can now make working xmls pretty much from scratch.
It's pretty simple once you figure out how stuff works =3
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-06-14 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Download Notepad ++ it will make your life x10 easier in editing and viewing the xml code.

I have a pretty basic spellcast for whm/nin. Most important piece to know are the rules, anyone can create itemsets, but its your rules that tell it when to gear swap etc under whatever conditions. Copy-paste this to notepadd ++ and take a look.
This spellcast has idle rules (what you wear after you disengage for example or get up from resting), engage rules, what to equip the moment you pull your weapon out, WS rules, Curing rules, etc. This isn't an ideal set/spellcast so I welcome /laughs on it, but i found this when I was first creating spellcast and learning at the same time, so hopefully it makes sense!

If you are confused I would recommend to either read up on the Wiki part of windower and/or study the rules spellcasts,:

edit: just realized I dont even have a HexaStrikeWS set lol anyway, just look at this as a reference point. GL
By Gandhi 2011-06-14 14:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thanks guys, with a place to start I think I will be able to figure this out. Already was on the spellcast page, got notepad++, and pretty much felt like an idiot from there. Thanks alot guys.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-14 14:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a copy of my WAR Spellcast. It's super basic for the most part, it'll automatically cancel Sneak/Utsu if it needs to, assuming you have the "Cancel" plugin.

It'll also not voke Sturdy Pyxis inside Abyssea and will pop Seigan before it lets Third Eye fire off.

If you have <100% TP, aren't engaged or are too far away from a mob, it'll stop you WS'ing and potentially wasting TP (4 yalms, should be good in most cases, but some NM's are huge and you can hit them from ~6 yalms away, will still need to be < 4 yalms away to WS).

Aaaand lastly, it'll pull off Dusk Gloves if you have them after you disengage something and put them on when you engage something.
By Gandhi 2011-06-14 16:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the main thing I don't understand, is how does it know when to change gear? Like the WS set, does it change when you ready the WS? Or does something have to be macroed? Other than that I've got it pretty figured out.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-14 16:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gandhi said:
I guess the main thing I don't understand, is how does it know when to change gear? Like the WS set, does it change when you ready the WS? Or does something have to be macroed? Other than that I've got it pretty figured out.

It does it automaticly.

Basicly, every action you do ingame goes through your .xml file, and checks for rules for that action.
By Gandhi 2011-06-14 17:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Gandhi said:

It does it automaticly.

Basicly, every action you do ingame goes through your .xml file, and checks for rules for that action.

Sweet. Thanks for clearin that up. Here I was "Wheres the macro input stuff?" xD
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-06-14 17:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Here's a copy of my WAR Spellcast. It's super basic for the most part, it'll automatically cancel Sneak/Utsu if it needs to assuming you have the "Cancel" plugin.

It'll also not voke Sturdy Pyxis inside Abyssea and will pop Seigan before it lets Third Eye fire off.

If you have <100% TP, aren't engaged or are too far away from a mob, it'll stop you WS'ing and potentially wasting TP (4 yalms, should be good in most cases, but some NM's are huge and you can hit them from ~6 yalms away, will still need to be < 4 yalms away to WS).

Aaaand lastly, it'll pull off Dusk Gloves if you have them after you disengage something and put them on when you engage something.

is there something u are doing by yourself? :O
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-06-14 17:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Here's a copy of my WAR Spellcast. It's super basic for the most part, it'll automatically cancel Sneak/Utsu if it needs to assuming you have the "Cancel" plugin.

nothing

Thanks for that tidbit with the being too far away when you WS. I never knew about it appreciate it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-16 06:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alukat said:
is there something u are doing by yourself? :O

Eh, to be fair, I do the majority of it myself XD Most of the stuff I have in there are failsafes (those "it happens" moments).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-16 07:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gandhi said:
Ok, so I've been using windower for a while now, and haven't been using spellcast (Yes, shame on me). Well now I'm looking into it, and it seems highly confusing. I have no programming background, or anything of the like.

So I guess I'm just looking for a basic spellcast that I can edit to use my gear for tp/ws since it confuses the hell outta me.
idk why you've been given that mentality but I don't use spellcast or any other similar plugins. I like swapping gear manually as I go, windower macros are enough for me
I feel the same way. I could easily set up a spellcast for all of my jobs, but windower scripts currently do everything I need them to so it's not worth my effort to make a spellcast.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 07:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gandhi said:

idk why you've been given that mentality but I don't use spellcast or any other similar plugins. I like swapping gear manually as I go, windower macros are enough for me
I feel the same way. I could easily set up a spellcast for all of my jobs, but windower scripts currently do everything I need them to so it's not worth my effort to make a spellcast.

For melee jobs this is true, scripts work just fine.
They do for mages aswell, but.. spellcast helps alot.
Just like.. automaticly equipping obis/twilight cape/artemis medal/ugga pendant/hpdown sets w/ latent rings as wanted is just too nice to pass up.
And not having to push idle macro after every spell, unless you got /wait timers after every spell to equip it, which can be really annoying to do if you got lots of jobs/macro sets
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-16 07:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gandhi said:

For melee jobs this is true, scripts work just fine.
They do for mages aswell, but.. spellcast helps alot.
Just like.. automaticly equipping obis/twilight cape/artemis medal/ugga pendant/hpdown sets w/ latent rings as wanted is just too nice to pass up.
And not having to push idle macro after every spell, unless you got /wait timers after every spell to equip it, which can be really annoying to do if you got lots of jobs/macro sets
Well, my only mage job is whm. I do have wait timers after every spell to re-equip my idle set too.