SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-17 08:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I read that you can't unlink the pol id from se account. Only can choose not to use token etc. but if you take off token, you will have to buy a new one.

Edit: thought i did read it somewhere:

What are link settings?
- Performing link settings allows you to log in to an online service such as PlayOnline with your Square Enix account.
- Square Enix accounts with expanded security will need to use one-time passwords for services that are linked.
- Users with multiple PlayOnline IDs will be able to link up to ten PlayOnline IDs.
- Once you have performed link settings, you will not be able to unlink your account from its linked online services.
 Bahamut.Delsol
Server: Bahamut
user: Delsol
By Bahamut.Delsol 2009-04-17 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe i read the same, how many people have gotten their token already? I'm still waiting on mine :(
 Alexander.Zhul
Server: Alexander
user: Zhul
By Alexander.Zhul 2009-04-17 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have rather paid 10 bucks for the satchel and skip the token. What a joke.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-17 11:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
you CANNOT change your token battery. It uses some kind of RAM. Once you remove the battery or the battery runs out you have to completely replace it. I.E give SE another 10$ for a new one.

question.

If you get your mules sachels or your main. Then unlink your account. If you are only 50/80 gobbie bag space will the sachel only be 50? if you upgrade your bag to 80 will the sachel also increase in size?

yes the satchel increases in size even if you unlink the token.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-17 11:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zhul said:
I would have rather paid 10 bucks for the satchel and skip the token. What a joke.

Ya that wuda been a better idea in the first place..
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-17 11:17:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Woulda been nice if SE gave us the option to simply exclude the token and just pay $10 for the in-game item code so we can just be on our merry way with our satchels without the hassle of dealing with SE accounts, links and one time passwords.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-17 11:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Woulda been nice if SE gave us the option to simply exclude the token and just pay $10 for the in-game item code so we can just be on our merry way with our satchels without the hassle of dealing with SE accounts, links and one time passwords.

SE had the ludicrous idea that these security tokens would help us keep our accounts secure. Because, you know, before I paid that $10, I didn't know how to set a password on my account!
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-17 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well, in theory it is better security. i'm sure there is some kinda program RMT use out there that could still get into your account if they really wanted to.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-17 11:23:27

The token helps with security, but by no means is it a necessity to keep your account secure. Changing and setting your password every month or so helps significantly as does secure web browsing and keeping an up to date anti-virus if you use a PC.

It just almost seems like more trouble than it's worth for what the token provides. Especially for those who share accounts.

But I don't mind, I think it's nifty and I'll use it until I grow tired of it.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-17 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't call SE cause they don't have a damn Toll Free number (which is stupid), unless they do and I just never found it. In which case can someone tell it to me? lol. The reason I'm worried about unlinking my token is that if for some reason SE *** up (AGAIN) and I can't access FFXI anymore I cannot call them and get the problem fixed. So if somebody can post that they have unlinked their token and kept their satchel and can still log in that would be appreciated.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-17 12:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

beware if you take off the token, you can't put it back. you will have to buy a new one.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-17 12:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I know. I'm just worried about being able to log in as normal with just my PoL ID and pass after I unlink the token.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-17 12:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont cancel your SE account, it should be fine. I dont have my token yet and I can log in fine after changing the setting when you log in. So if it works without a token now, it should work even if you took it off.
 Ramuh.Cahlista
Server: Ramuh
user: Cahlista
By Ramuh.Cahlista 2009-04-17 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack: Removed my Token from SE Account last night. No problems logging in to either of my 3 accounts after removal, just have to change the 1 time password to "Do Not Use" again in settings. Mog satchels are still active on all accounts after removal.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-17 12:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know ^_^, I just have this weird feeling about unlinking the token is all lol :P

Ninja Edit: Thank you Cahlista ^^
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-04-17 13:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I want the extra protection the Extra Space is well a bonus.

Seeing as one of my friends was hacked last night T.T and another one was hacked not to long ago I'm scared for my account and any Added Protection I will gladly take
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Server: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-04-17 13:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just reiterating and making sure... so the only drawback to linking accounts and getting a mog satchel on all the accounts and removing the key is that u cant cancel one account without cancelling all of them right? like joining all of the accounts into one payment.. they are forcing u to have to continue paying for all the accounts without the option of cancelling one?
 Unicorn.Quedari
Server: Unicorn
user: Quedari
By Unicorn.Quedari 2009-04-17 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
CANCELING A SE ACCOUNT WILL MAKE YOUR POL ACCOUNT UNPLAYABLE IF YOU LINKED IT!

I would like to see the written proof from SE or someone that has had this problem please. I know that SE isn't always logical, but that seems a bit off the wall to me.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-17 13:30:17

Quedari said:
Littledarc said:

I would like to see the written proof from SE or someone that has had this problem please. I know that SE isn't always logical, but that seems a bit off the wall to me.

This was an issue within POL where if you deactivated your SE account you could not log in normally as it would require your SE account password even after you erased the information from the POL login settings. I believe it's fixed now.
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
Server: Midgardsormr
user: franzsy
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-18 05:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I would like to clarify on something just to be sure.

I already linked my POL ID to my SE account. I even activated the token. That means all my characters will have the Satchel. Therefore, if I remove the token in my SE account, I'll retain the Satchel on all my current characters. Therefore, I should choose "DO NOT USE" on the one-time password option, correct?

So if I deactivate my SE account, and I completely erase all SE account username and password @ my POL when I log in... that means I can log in as normal from now on right, like it's back to the days before the SE account thing came in? I share my account with someone and it's quite a burden to keep retyping the SE account password over and over (we're after the the Satchel only and we never type out passwords on keyboards, we use the keyboard software to log in).

EDIT:
I reset my SE account password because I logged in my SE account in another PC (it's @ my office PC but I still wanna be sure so I won't be hacked). SE said I'll receive an e-mail with a LINK that will take me to the password change page. This is what I got:

User submitted image

Now I can't log in my own account since I can't input my "new" SE password, and my POL ID is already linked to my SE account >.> So much for password "retrieval".
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-18 07:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Changing and setting your password every month or so helps significantly as does secure web browsing and keeping an up to date anti-virus if you use a PC.

Dabamylord said:

I reset my SE account password because I logged in my SE account in another PC (it's @ my office PC but I still wanna be sure so I won't be hacked). SE said I'll receive an e-mail with a LINK that will take me to the password change page. This is what I got:

User submitted image

Now I can't log in my own account since I can't input my "new" SE password, and my POL ID is already linked to my SE account >.> So much for password "retrieval".

See the top Quote... Just stay away from bad sites.. Alot of Newbs trolling the " Intrawebz" ( funny word I learned last night.. WTF.. Internet ppl.. anyways..) Just maintain better surfing habits. I know I do. See me with a token?

As the infamous Christopher George Latore Wallace or The Notorious B.I.G. once sung...

Mo Money, Mo Problems

That title I think, speaks volumes.
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-18 09:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a question.

If you don't input your SE account username, and log in "the usual/normal way", does POL still require your SE account password when you log in? I'm kinda confused. I heard people say that once you link your POL ID to your SE account, you will forever be chained to it, so you'll have to keep inputting your SE account username AND password even if you got rid of your token and not using the one-time password anymore.
 Asura.Ktjrn
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-18 10:14:01

Since I linked my account, I have to put in my SE pw and my One Time Token pw as well. I did read somewhere on the SE Management Security site where it's mandatory to put in your SE pw no matter what
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-18 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, it's because I'm confused. When I attempt to log in WITHOUT filling in my SE account username, POL does not ask for my SE account password and 1-time password (it's like the usual normal way of logging in), but when I try to log in that way POL still gives me that stupid POL-5132 error that says my SE username/password/1-time password is incorrect... which is why this is weird to me. Why would POL say my username/password/1-time password is incorrect if I didn't even input the SE account username in the 1st place...

I still have to wait till the next US monday to contact SE and to fix their stupid password retrieval system so that their e-mails will actually give me a freaking link so I can change my SE password instead of that stupid random jargon code that I just got...
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 11:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

okay so here's the skinny on why all the POL accounts on my SE Account don't have a satchel. apparently if you add more POL ids after the token activation they don't get the satchel. but, if they were all already on there before activation all the pol ids get it. at least that's what customer service said when i told them my issue.

Artemicion said:
Quedari said:
Littledarc said:

This was an issue within POL where if you deactivated your SE account you could not log in normally as it would require your SE account password even after you erased the information from the POL login settings. I believe it's fixed now.

it wasn't really an issue, it was just bad planning on SE's part and people not reading that if you cancel it it makes pol not playable. i dunno if they fixed it, but they really should.
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-18 11:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus. They should have clarified that beforehand ><
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

they did, it was in the ***everyone scrolled through and didn't read. then it was also on the FAQ.
 Hades.Kadia
Server: Hades
user: kadia112
By Hades.Kadia 2009-04-18 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabamylord said:
Oh, it's because I'm confused. When I attempt to log in WITHOUT filling in my SE account username, POL does not ask for my SE account password and 1-time password (it's like the usual normal way of logging in), but when I try to log in that way POL still gives me that stupid POL-5132 error that says my SE username/password/1-time password is incorrect... which is why this is weird to me. Why would POL say my username/password/1-time password is incorrect if I didn't even input the SE account username in the 1st place...

the reason its saying you SE username/password/and 1 time password are wrong is beacuse if u have linked you POL account to a SE account back on POL you have to create another "member" from the side bar and it will ask for all your normal information and it will ask for your SE ID , password, and the option to use a 1 time password. also you must save your POL password when creating this new member. hope this helps
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-18 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I did what you said. I deleted my POL profile, clicked "add member" and put it all together WITHOUT the SE account details and POL said they are still wrong. So I'm left with no choice.

The only way I can fix this is wait for SE's reply this monday, or for them to fix that *** password retrieval system (see pic above what the "link to password change page" looks like).

Oh well, if I can get used to retyping my password all the time on Paypal, I can definitely get used to this too.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-18 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
okay so here's the skinny on why all the POL accounts on my SE Account don't have a satchel. apparently if you add more POL ids after the token activation they don't get the satchel. but, if they were all already on there before activation all the pol ids get it. at least that's what customer service said when i told them my issue.

Sorry Darc, but SE has no idea about their own products lol, this isn't true. First thing I did was activate the token. After that I linked my first PoL ID, it got the satchel. The next day I linked another PoL ID and they also got the Satchel.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8