Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fell cleave in Tahrongi
Fell cleave in Tahrongi
By sefalon 2011-06-09 13:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so i decided i would make WAR my next Empy but have never fell cleaved in tahrongi. what is fastest way to cap Azure and amber there? No glow mobs that I kow of and not a lot RR VV and GH for atma unless you guys think there is a better combo. Let me know if you have any advice to help me with. Thanks in advance.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-06-09 13:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres not much you CAN amber kill in Tahrongi. Turtles are probably one of the easier mobs to get amber and what I normally choose.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-09 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm mobs, cataclysm.

They suck compared to turtles but die much faster. do 4-6 at a time
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-09 13:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cap amber on 1~2 Bhumi's using Cataclysm assuming you can find them. (THEY DISAPPEAR WHEN I GO LOOKING FOR THEM, I SWEAR.) Assuming you have people helping you You can burn the Couerls or bats. Cosmos/Smiting blow/Ultimate for Cataclysm
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-06-09 13:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS uses Iratham for Azure/Amber lights as he gives 124 to each. In between Iratham we build pearl on mandys and mandy NM and once we are capped lights we FCB the courels or Charged Whisker burn the Scorps.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-09 13:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know Iratham gave that much Azure, nice. idr the exact amount of Amber Bhumi gave me, but @1 VNM kill with amber -> Bhumi gave me capped amber.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-09 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have people with me, we usually go for Bhumi / VNMs / Ephemerals and split up. If it's just me, I usually stick with the sandworms.
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-06-09 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also use VNM for amber if Bhumi is being stingy.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-06-09 13:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhumi does not always give that much amber, most of the time it's somewhere around 16~32 if you get lucky he will give 124 as well. But hunting him down w/o a RNG can be a pain in the ***. I'm not sure how much amber T1 vnm gives, but they only give like 8 pearl. My shell just got done with Ukon/Vere so we were there for a good month, and we found Iratham to be the best for lights as he is up every 15min or so. In the meantime do the regular if you can find eph mobs do it, or start your nights out with Glavoids if you have any cuz it will give 64 Azure/Amber.
By sefalon 2011-06-09 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

well for cleave purposes i am on war with whm mule and my brother is on nin since he got his empy he wont play anything else lol. just killed Irth so im good and ty for advice
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-06-09 16:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For normal mobs, had better luck amber farming from the dragons near Cuelebre
 Ragnarok.Jhes
user: Jhes
By Ragnarok.Jhes 2011-06-13 07:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The sandworm mobs suck for cataclysm cleaving since they're dark based and resist half the time. coeurls dont give amber from the times i've tryed, neither do bats. sandworms are fine if you can aeolian edge burn them, turtles are fine as well if you can collect them together to cata burn them.

Bhumi is good tho if you can find him, he gives a nice chuck of amber, and there are glowy mobs.. but kinda rare and they tend to hang around the west side of the map between turtles and cats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-06-13 07:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A NIN friend and I (on WAR), both boxing WHMs, completed the GA and H2H. When we went in, we'd split up, hunting VNMs for pearl until it was at 180~+. After pearl was capped, he would quickly cap azure on VNMs while I went to cleave. I would get the occasional Azure/Amber from red chests. After I got our time back up to 120, we would both go to turtle for amber before going back to cleaving.

Sometimes we got tired of cleaving and just ran around killing the NMs we needed for the KIs getting the lights we needed to fill in off of them.

I personally preferred killing the NMs for the KIs, but sometimes there was WAY to much competition for that and had to fall back on cleaving.

Doing the GA and H2H at the same time was a real pain, and I'm glad i'm finally out of that place >.<