By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-09 03:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2011-06-09 04:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the games listed are not hard. Guess it all depends on the person. I think Battletoads is one of the hardest NES games I have ever played but I know someone who can easily beat Battletoads. He may be a wizard at Battletoads but he sucks at most of the other games. He can't even beat Contra or Life Force with the 30 life code.

Ninja Gaiden on the NES isn't a hard game. Try the Turbo Graphix 16 version of Ninja Gaiden which is much harder. None of the bosses in Ninja Gaiden is even a challenge in the NES version other than Jaquio if you dont use the jump slash. The stages and the bosses are much more challenging in the TG16 version.

The 7th Saga isn't a hard game. Lots of grinding and any rpg is easy. If you make the same effort like you put into FF11 im sure most people could beat this game with ease.

Robocop isnt a hard game. Going down the stairs is a challenge itself. Horrible controls is what makes the game difficult.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a difficult game only once you lose Donatello because the other turtles suck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kriegsgott
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kriegsgott 2011-06-09 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i liked the most Mega Man parts the arnt really "hard" but if you ar trying to make perfect runs without losing a single energy point some stages ar a nice challenge thats my guess...

oh and dont use the special counterpart weapons try the normal shots ^^
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-06-09 06:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dilandu said:
Most of the games listed are not hard. Guess it all depends on the person. I think Battletoads is one of the hardest NES games I have ever played but I know someone who can easily beat Battletoads. He may be a wizard at Battletoads but he sucks at most of the other games. He can't even beat Contra or Life Force with the 30 life code.

Ninja Gaiden on the NES isn't a hard game. Try the Turbo Graphix 16 version of Ninja Gaiden which is much harder. None of the bosses in Ninja Gaiden is even a challenge in the NES version other than Jaquio if you dont use the jump slash. The stages and the bosses are much more challenging in the TG16 version.

The 7th Saga isn't a hard game. Lots of grinding and any rpg is easy. If you make the same effort like you put into FF11 im sure most people could beat this game with ease.

Robocop isnt a hard game. Going down the stairs is a challenge itself. Horrible controls is what makes the game difficult.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a difficult game only once you lose Donatello because the other turtles suck.

you clearly not know what are you talking about, and i rly think you did not played the 7th saga at all, anyone form the nintendo/snes generation knows this game is one of the hardest , not only because of the grinding fest but the boss battles and monsters are super hard and strategic, the game is very long as well with more than 70 hours of playtime,

ffxi requires effort? no, more like time to play to accomplish goals like all mmorpgs
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-06-09 07:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
wow, I haven't thought about this game in FOREVER!! It is a hard game in that it is very Legend of Zelda meets "YOU AIN'T GOT SHT!" in a wonderful barbarianism/islander kinda way
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-09 07:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
this game is very very hard too , unique as well, and beautifully crafted/ the graphics are impressive.
I bought this game just because I heard it was hard as ***. I will say that because this game is so hard, its also very rewarding when you overcome something. Theres a steep learning curve but once you surmount your obstacles and conquer a zone's particular boss you feel that much more bad ***. I recommend everyone pick this up or wait for the "Remake" called Dark Souls.

I'm pulling this from a ways back but Dark Souls is it's own game not a remake... the only thing it will share in common is the concept and the gameplay looks similar so far.

And yes this game was pritty hard XD Although to be fair since everything resets to the same everytime it is more about memorizing sequences and the tells for what attack a mob is going to use.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-09 08:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

you clearly not know what are you talking about, and i rly think you did not played the 7th saga at all, anyone form the nintendo/snes generation knows this game is one of the hardest , not only because of the grinding fest but the boss battles and monsters are super hard and strategic, the game is very long as well with more than 70 hours of playtime,

ffxi requires effort? no, more like time to play to accomplish goals like all mmorpgs
These are hypocritical statements... and LoZ: Ocarina of Time is a 70+hour game, with grinding to get 100% and all dungeons/bosses require differing strategies. Does that make it one of the hardest RPGs of all time? I certainly think not. It makes it one of the best of all time. The same could probably be said about 7th Saga. Time input to learn strategies is part of a good game's learning curve. Having a point that can murder you even if you know what you're doing; that makes a hard game.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-09 08:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
wow, I haven't thought about this game in FOREVER!! It is a hard game in that it is very Legend of Zelda meets "YOU AIN'T GOT SHT!" in a wonderful barbarianism/islander kinda way

Yeah this game is a pain in the ***:P
In the kind of way that makes you wanna try it til you figure it out D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Josseppi
Server: Bahamut
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2011-06-09 08:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
How could I forget about this game, impossible to beat:

Not impossible, but definitely very difficult. This was one of my favorite games for a while. The puzzles in each room were very creative and the last few were quite tricky. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
 Leviathan.Maphis
Server: Leviathan
user: Maphis
By Leviathan.Maphis 2011-06-09 08:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Old school: super Ghouls'n Ghosts
New school: Demon souls (cant wait for part 2)
 Carbuncle.Aquetas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aquetas
By Carbuncle.Aquetas 2011-06-09 08:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay not really that hard after the 4th and 5th time around, and not a hard game overall, but that first run through this? Sheesh.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-06-09 08:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aquetas said:

Okay not really that hard after the 4th and 5th time around, and not a hard game overall, but that first run through this? Sheesh.

It's always the key in the aquaduct behind the longshot chest....

I looooove terranigma but god damn... some of the bosses were annoying.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-09 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

'nuff said. From Ecco1, though #2 and DoTF are pretty hard as well.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-09 08:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Yeah this game is a pain in the ***:P
In the kind of way that makes you wanna try it til you figure it out D:
The movement is what really sucked. Especially once you get into the spaceship.

Bahamut.Josseppi said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
How could I forget about this game, impossible to beat:

Not impossible, but definitely very difficult. This was one of my favorite games for a while. The puzzles in each room were very creative and the last few were quite tricky. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
I actually only beat it once with game genie and took a long time, lol.
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-06-09 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Devil May Cry 3, ****.

Though I'm not that good at fighting or action games, so the play technique escapes me.

Many more, but I don't like to include games that aren't modern in lists like these. Arcade was meant to be hard for your quarters, and games back then were generally just tougher, whether it took skill or time or smarts. Nowadays there are rarely games that are difficult on any level, except maybe time and patience for in-depth RPGs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-09 09:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much any NES game in which one hit and you were dead was hard.
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-06-09 09:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I found Virtual On Mars for the PS2 very difficult.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-09 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gameplay:

Starts out fun, gets absolutely insane. You have to grapple opponents in order to defeat them, and while grappled, you were immobile and vulnerable to other enemies. It's a matter of keeping the enemies spread all over the map in order to deal with 1-2 at a time.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-09 09:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a more annoying version of Streets of Rage.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-06-09 10:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

water temple isnt "hard". there is a lot of going back and forth, up and down, and yes that key is evil, but its not like, you die very often and stuff. what made me rage more about that stage was teh fact that my longshot would not reach those targets (before finding the extended one).
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-09 10:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
water temple isnt "hard". there is a lot of going back and forth, up and down, and yes that key is evil, but its not like, you die very often and stuff. what made me rage more about that stage was teh fact that my longshot would not reach those targets (before finding the extended one).
That would be the Hookshot ; )
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-09 10:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
you clearly not know what are you talking about, and i rly think you did not played the 7th saga at all, anyone form the nintendo/snes generation knows this game is one of the hardest , not only because of the grinding fest but the boss battles and monsters are super hard and strategic, the game is very long as well with more than 70 hours of playtime, ffxi requires effort? no, more like time to play to accomplish goals like all mmorpgs
These are hypocritical statements... and LoZ: Ocarina of Time is a 70+hour game, with grinding to get 100% and all dungeons/bosses require differing strategies. Does that make it one of the hardest RPGs of all time? I certainly think not. It makes it one of the best of all time. The same could probably be said about 7th Saga. Time input to learn strategies is part of a good game's learning curve. Having a point that can murder you even if you know what you're doing; that makes a hard game.

You absolutely cannot compare Zelda to 7th Saga I'm sorry but that is complete stupidity. None of the enemies on Zelda (bosses included) come remotely close to being anywhere near as difficult as those of 7th Saga, the game is as hardcore and unforgiving as any you will find.

I'm interested to know have you actually played said game?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-09 10:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeldas have their annoying points, but I wouldn't call them difficult at all.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-06-09 10:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Aquetas said:

lol You got that far? I hadd to gameshark passt the Fish dungeon. : (

The boss where you get the Grenade LAuncher is fk'n stupid hard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-09 11:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just googled it :p though I do have both Eccos on Emulator and play through them both occasionally. DoTF on Dreamcast and later PS2 as well.
 Ifrit.Tulnig
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-06-09 11:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leisure Suit Larry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_in_the_Land_of_the_Lounge_Lizards

LOL at 8 years old, I found this to be difficult. However by age 12-13, it was very easy XD
By Raiyze 2011-06-09 11:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Last level of Syphon Filter omg... >.>;; still can't beat that to this day.........
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-06-09 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a video game loser and I dont like to play games that make me cry in frustration. I couldnt ever finish any of the sonic the hedgehog games because the water levels scared me..my gaming skills havent changed that much.

the thing that first comes to my head is the Sephiroth fight on KH1..I could not do it for the life of me..I managed to kill Kurt Ziza and the Phantom dude but I could not kill Sephiroth. I was so excited the first time I fought him and then I died inside when I was wacking at him and his health bar wasnt dropping. Then they dumbed him down in the second game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8