Hardest games
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 14:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

rivercity ransom was the bomb (and incidentally one of the main inspirations for Scot Pilgrim lol) but seriously... BM NOT hard? get out lol....that game was so difficult lol
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-08 14:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these suggestions of 'hard' games make me lol.

Seriously, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to the 7th Saga.

Anybody who considers themselves a hardcore rpg player needs to download the snes rom and try it.

I dare you.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-06-08 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy X-2

It was impossible to complete. Playing for more than 5 minutes made me want to actually chew through the disc in disgust.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-08 14:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Final Fantasy X-2 It was impossible to complete. Playing for more than 5 minutes made me want to actually chew through the disc in disgust.

This made me lol... to be fair though the higher end extra stuff was reasonablly difficult... I remember fighting the the monster on the desert island for something like 2 hours then dieing
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-08 14:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering... do games with multiple difficulty settings deserve to be labeled as hard? Obviously games with hardcore modes etc are going to be tough, but you can just turn down the difficulty and it becomes easy, so the game is not actually hard at all :/

Then you get real hard games with no difficulty setting that are damn impossible to beat by default, none of this turning down the difficulty because the player sucks. You either improved of failed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-06-08 14:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, I asume games running on their default "normal" difficulty
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

7th Saga was a GREAT game...so difficult though...i forgot about that game entirely since its been too long... 2 party RPG with basically just items to heal (or if you were the right character you could get the healer as your 2nd guy....) ya...difficult as all hell actually lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-08 14:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who has played King's Field?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-08 14:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Am I the only one who has played King's Field?
i <3 kings field games
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-06-08 14:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Some of these suggestions of 'hard' games make me lol. Seriously, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to the 7th Saga. Anybody who considers themselves a hardcore rpg player needs to download the snes rom and try it. I dare you.
It's not so bad, but I gotta admit... If you don't know what you're doing before going back in time... TOTALLY SCREWED! Which generally happens the first time you play the game @,@; Of course, as with any RPG it all boils down to patience and lots of leveling up. I mean, jeez, the first enemies at level 1 can pretty much kill you if ever more than 1 appears.

This is probably one of the hardest beat'em ups or side scrolling fighters ever. I cannot make it to the last boss on my own. Only have made it twice with friends playing co-op. x,x;

Also this:

And then this for the last:
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 14:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

king's field one was pretty dope for a first person adventure rpg..didn't really play the 2nd though
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-08 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if it's hard for everyone else, but not only did I keep dying, I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do.. I'd of never played it on my own, but a friend at the time basically made me do it.. I think he just wanted to laugh at me -_-
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-08 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Spelunker for the NES. broken *** game
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-08 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I was wondering... do games with multiple difficulty settings deserve to be labeled as hard? Obviously games with hardcore modes etc are going to be tough, but you can just turn down the difficulty and it becomes easy, so the game is not actually hard at all :/ Then you get real hard games with no difficulty setting that are damn impossible to beat by default, none of this turning down the difficulty because the player sucks. You either improved of failed.

I've always felt that a games actual difficulty should be judged by one of the harder ones personally because lower ones are ment to make them more accessable to people new to games or not as good at games to keep them from getting discouraged and /ragequiting.

Normally look at it as Easy = just looking to kill time, Normal = new to the game / new to this type of game or looking to kill time but but want to have to pay atleast a little attention, Hard = for people who play games alot, Above hard = A challange

You can see it in alot of games old and new like this... the old baldur's gate games for example had a "Normal" and "D&D Hardcore" settings... technicly the D&D setting should have been a the normal setting given that the game was designed useing that system. This brought alot of things that would cause problems for players new to rpgs so i'm guessing they added they lessened the difficulty for their normal setting. This way new players wouldn't be off put by the concept of full damage friendly fire or permenent deaths to name a couple, I think it messed with your saving throws and damage delt/taken as well.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-06-08 14:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi!

This one:

I know it's just the "last boss fight" however the whole game is incredibly difficult to beat with only one coin, in my honest opinion (especially with a boss like that).

Now, it's really not the "hardest game ever" if you have infinite continues.
So in short: Hardest video game for me, if you try to beat with only one continue.

*edit*
Changed the link, same stage, same enemy but a more experienced player playing.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-06-08 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/owata.swf

this is... hard...
press Z to jump, X to shoot, Arrows to move LOL
 Sylph.Bowserx
Server: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-06-08 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1)Ninja Gaiden Black(Xbox)on Ninja Master Mode

2)Ninja Gaiden 2(Xbox360)on Ninja Master Mode

3)Devil May Cry 4(Xbox360)on Dante must Die Mode

Bonus!
B)Elder Scroll IV Oblivion(Xbox360) Go into pause menu and turn the difficulty setting all the way up , and all i can say is good luck :D
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-08 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Some of these suggestions of 'hard' games make me lol.

Seriously, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to the 7th Saga.

Anybody who considers themselves a hardcore rpg player needs to download the snes rom and try it.

I dare you.

Just downloaded it. Going to play it when I can.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-06-08 14:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Demon Souls ; ;
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-08 14:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Some of these suggestions of 'hard' games make me lol. Seriously, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to the 7th Saga. Anybody who considers themselves a hardcore rpg player needs to download the snes rom and try it. I dare you.
It's not so bad, but I gotta admit... If you don't know what you're doing before going back in time... TOTALLY SCREWED! Which generally happens the first time you play the game @,@; Of course, as with any RPG it all boils down to patience and lots of leveling up. I mean, jeez, the first enemies at level 1 can pretty much kill you if ever more than 1 appears.

^ *** this lol. It took me several attempts just to get out the first dungeon. Then it got EVEN HARDER from there lol /wrists.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-08 14:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh btw inb4 water temple >_>
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-08 14:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't actually played this, but I've heard tons about the final battle..

Sylph.Tibze
user: Tibz
By Sylph.Tibze 2011-06-08 14:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Back before SNES, a close friend of mine got so infuriated with "Little Nemo the Dream Master" (NES) that he put on his dads steel plated combat boots, threw his NES system on the ground (after taking Little Nemo out) and proceed to jump up and down on the NES.

He then took the Little Nemo cart out to the back yard and bashed it to little pieces with a baseball bat like a raging mad man. I witnessed this all and when he was done I busted up laughing and he went "WTF are you laughing at!!??" and I just replied with "that was a game rental you ding bat". I then witnessed the best facepalm ever. XD

*EDIT*
This same friend of mine was INSANELY good at Mike Tyson's Punch Out and could beat Tyson without hitting the mat himself. I actually watched him get a KO and not a TKO on Tyson 1 time, I would never of believed it if I had never seen it with my own eyes.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-08 15:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Google told me This was the hardest game ever... I rage quit at lv 5 or 6
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-06-08 15:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Master Blaster (or was it Blaster Master?) was hard as hell, atleast I thought so back when it came out.

Agreed for 1988 was probably one of the first games I broke controllers to.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 15:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Yes, and...

LOL! This game never made any sense.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho