Hardest games
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-08 12:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a jump on like lvl 6-7 that even with game genie, it's nigh impossible to clear. My dad and I spent ages at that jump, numerous play throughs before eventually abandoning attempting this game anymore
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 12:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blaster Master, was definitely up there...that game was so damn impossible lol.... The ghouls and ghosts games (or ghosts and goblins depending on the system), were very good and very challenging.. my favorite stage in the SNES one, was the raft board.. was like the 2nd stage or some jazz, but if you played that on stereo sound with the volume up...was epic win lol...And I loved the ice stage in that one. Very difficult game and I was happy as heck when I beat it lol..

my top 3.... 1) Golgo 13 for the NES (That game was seriously mega difficult lol)
2) Blaster Master has to get a nudge, since I mentioned it before..so hard lol..
3) Skate or Die (arcade or NES lol)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-06-08 12:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-08 12:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Invincible on the game genie doesn't mean invincible at boss battles. Epically hard game until you get a perfect rhythm when playing bosses.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 12:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

hacked mario doesn't count...its hacked to make it near impossible lol..
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-06-08 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

3-Megaman Zero (gba) games
2-all fkin ninja gaiden games
1-^#*#$^$%^*#& Battletoads
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 12:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Although I never played that early arcade version, the NES adaptation was quite rage worthy.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-08 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valkyrie Profile 2 - If you don't rely on first aid to pritty much play the game for you. Rather then a normal new game + nothing carrys over but the difficluty increaces apperently up to 50 times (***can come close to 1 shoting your characters at difficulty 3 >.>)

Star Ocean: Till the end of time - This is the game's super boss...

She has 20,000,000 hp on normal 60,000,000 on the harder setting XD Along with a move that can wipe your party if you stun too slow or item reuse timer is down. You can also unlock a mode that makes it so the fight does not pause when you open the menu to use items or magic I think (never actually managed to unlock it).

Can't think of a 3ed atm... normal modes are easy enough for both games but normal modes are generally designed so that anyone can beat them with little trouble so if you are serious about a game you should be judging it off hard mode or higher imo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-06-08 13:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

angry birds makes me rage
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-08 13:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent 3 weeks'ish on this, ~4-6 hours a day. To get to Level 2 >_>

Die in 1-hit, die if you touch anything other than the floor (rocks kill you too). Your jumping skills were.. limited at best >_>

Might see if I have the rom for it and see how hard it was now..
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-08 13:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Awesome

"Thank God I have like w blue sky lives"

And some of his comments almost have a Christopher Walken sound to them...just amazing
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

Die in 1-hit, die if you touch anything other than the floor (rocks kill you too). Your jumping skills were.. limited at best >_>

I had the SNES version called Out of This World. I beat the game back then, but it definitely took a long time. I remember being stuck on the part where it fills up with water for months.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-08 13:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Twister :< I'm not that flexible
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 13:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ya Ina, i forgot about that boss in Star Ocean....god that chick makes me rage lol... i gave up trying to kill her eventually lol... you basically HAVE to have a certain 3 people in your party to kill her (if you get cliff you're boned lol)
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-08 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
pokemon stadium 2. was impossible to beat all the leagues and get all the trophys. the AI cheated >o
Any older sports games... The AI could come back from unholy deficits just to murder you. Anyone play the GC baseball game with Mario and the likes? There is a youtube video where the computer comes from a 18-0 deficit in the bottom of the 9th to wipe the floor.

I know football and fighting games where the computer would practically become immaterial just to win.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This game would make a lot of people rage. Never could beat it, even with game genie. Could never figure out how to get past the museum.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-08 13:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ifrit.Herc
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-06-08 13:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part of that hack mario video is when that guy goes "well atleast i have w blue sky lives!" lol ***was hilarious
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2011-06-08 13:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

1000x this. probably the only game I ever owned that I never beat.
 Bahamut.Josseppi
Server: Bahamut
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2011-06-08 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Destiny of an Emporer (NES). It was a little known roll playing game that covered the Lui dynasty in ancient China. The storyline was rather easy, but the game played for a long time (As a kid I played it after school for a few hours for about a month, as an adult I completed the entire game in about 76 hours). At about 90% complete, there is a battle that you have to do a special button combination in order to win. You have one shot to do it right or you can never win the battle and have to start the game over again from the beginning. I failed to get it right as a kid and it haunted me until I finally beat that battle and the game in a gaming binge after I graduated college.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-06-08 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The Machine levels of the Genesis Ecco games were very unforgiving. No checkpoints and deceitful auto-scrolling that often got you killed. Being a person who never liked the idea of Sonic being flattened in Metropolis Zone or Marble Zone (simply imagining it was gruesome), having Ecco suffer the same fate was unsettling.

Ecco's very fragile and there's no post-hit invincibility, so it's easy for a Vortex to grab Ecco and kill him in a second. Not to mention that in the first game, as a punishment, if you died at the final boss, you were forced to go back to the Machine. It gets easier with repetitive play, but geez.

As for the second video, Tube of Medusa is a pain, as the water is scarce and damned if you can control yourself in air. Medusa throws you around like a rag-doll most of the time unless you zoom past it. Not to mention, if you fall in the sky, you have momentum downward, so it's difficult to pull yourself up before you fall again (in some cases). Essentially, the level requires a lot of memorization. At least the music's kick-***.

Playing through both of the Ecco games was fun but hella difficult; using Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3, save states were available, and even though I vowed not to use them, I had to in a couple of occasions to prevent being banished to the previous level.

...I wouldn't say that the Ecco games are the HARDEST, but Ed Annunziata designs games with the mentality that only 5% of gamers will ever be able to beat them, which is ***' badass. Play Chakan: The Forever Man, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-08 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Although I never played that early arcade version, the NES adaptation was quite rage worthy.

I love these so much. They troll the ***out of players. I love the one where the person dies during the win thing because while walking, there's no ground so the person dies. You have to fly past it xD
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Josseppi said:
Destiny of an Emporer (NES). It was a little known roll playing game that covered the Lui dynasty in ancient China. The storyline was rather easy, but the game played for a long time (As a kid I played it after school for a few hours for about a month, as an adult I completed the entire game in about 76 hours). At about 90% complete, there is a battle that you have to do a special button combination in order to win. You have one shot to do it right or you can never win the battle and have to start the game over again from the beginning. I failed to get it right as a kid and it haunted me until I finally beat that battle and the game in a gaming binge after I graduated college.
The Cao Cao battle? You don't have to start over from the beginning, lol. I beat this plenty of times on the original NES, never recall anything like that.

Also it was the Han Dynasty.
By Bimbam 2011-06-08 13:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

kaizo world (modified SNES Rom)

I had Another World but never got into it. More of a Flashback fan (also somewhat hard).
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-08 13:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms games were fairly difficult sometimes depending on who you chose to play as... although in 10 towers were pritty game breaking.
 Bahamut.Josseppi
Server: Bahamut
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2011-06-08 13:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it was a glitch in the version that I had or simply a lack of me getting the button combo down right. I tried it so many times and couldn't get to actually fight the battle and the battle scene intro was different after the very first one. It was 22 years ago so the memories aren't so clear. And yes, my bad on the dynasty, Lui Song Dynasty started after the end of the storyline.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-06-08 13:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Next level gaming difficulty maneuver

Epic Gaming Time? :)

Edit:

WTF? They all have red masks...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-08 13:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there were a quite a few glitched cartridges out. My friend had one that would randomly delete saved games.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2011-06-08 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Super Mario World was hard, but I was about 7 when I played it. :\
Left 4 Dead (1 & 2)on Expert mode is insane.
Conker's Bad Fur Day was kinda hard for me lol. Stupid War chapter
Pikmin.../rage
GoldenEye 007, kinda hard but fun as hell~
Pokemon Stadium was hard, ragequit on the elite four. FUUU Lorelei
Phantasy Star was kinda hard for me back then D: ragequit that too.
Pokemon Colosseum, still collecting dust in my shelf lol. never beat it

I think I just suck at games :c
 Sylph.Tibze
Server: Sylph
user: Tibz
By Sylph.Tibze 2011-06-08 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncle Festers Quest (NES)
Castlevania Adventure (Gameboy)
Castlevania Adventure 2 (Gameboy)

Am I the only one that didn't think that Blaster Master was hard? Then again I spent many many many hours playing it. BM is probably one of my all time favorite NES Games (2nd to River City Random ^_^)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8