Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » dumb questions to pass the time
dumb questions to pass the time
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-03 12:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting.. I had no idea, I assume its the 3 basic atma? RR GH and AoA?
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2011-06-03 12:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Prečo som hovoril v inom jazyku?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-03 12:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Prečo som hovoril v inom jazyku?

No
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-03 12:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
interesting.. I had no idea, I assume its the 3 basic atma? RR GH and AoA?

Yeah, no need for anything fancy.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-03 12:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does men have niples?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-06-03 13:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are zebras white horses with black stripes or black horses with white stripes?
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-06-03 13:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yes. NIN/DNC, stun Colossal/Mercurial. Kite 1111 Mercurial, etcetc.
All *** are potentially squishable?
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-06-07 11:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking a guess here but bears don't pee/poop as per the same reason they don't eat while hibernating, their metabolism is slowed to almost nothing.

Also, bears wake up several times throughout the winter.
By Shovelcat 2011-06-07 11:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zebras generally appear to have white coats with black stripes. However, they also have black skin under their white coat and there are genetic variations which produce zebras with black coats and white stripes, or dark coats with only a little striping.

So, yes.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-07 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some dude edited the wiki recently saying that Yonin and Innin are now on separate timers as of yesterday. I tried them and they were still connected, am I glitched?

Oh and I forgot, how I mine for fish again?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-06-07 16:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Some dude edited the wiki recently saying that Yonin and Innin are now on separate timers as of yesterday. I tried them and they were still connected, am I glitched?

Oh and I forgot, how I mine for fish again?

They didn't do any job specific changes this update, just the Abyssea stuff I believe.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-07 16:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone slap the ***-hat on wiki that has already jumped the gun and changed it then please.

Cala I would like an answer to my second question please.... That has been burning me up since I began playing this game.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-07 16:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hey Rae, can the same be said for Carabosse, and nin/dnc solo? Same 3 atma? or do we throw in MC for 20/regen? And is Briar really that simple? just try to stun merc/colossal and kite if it goes off?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-08 16:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Eikechi he is pretty easy once you get the feel for his TP moves.

We have been farming him lately, me on NIN/DNC, one BLU/NIN for headbutt, and one healer of almost any flavor.

NIN/DNC should put up all of it's debuffs, and use TP inhibiting moves. Haste samba and full TP build him, spam steps to have stuns ready, only use stun when you see him begin to use a TP move. It can miss occasionally. The only time you need to run away from him is if he lands a merc strike for 1111 HP on you, because when that happens he will spam it 3x more times one after the other, you just have to kite him far enough to keep him away from your other folks and put distance between him and you until those 3 WSs are done, then get right back into his face.

With haste samba and at least one healer, after I have stunned him I usually reapply utsu, top HP off and WS. Following it up with another step for stun.

IF he get's lucky and lands a non-1111 merc on you, keep hitting him, he is a pussy cat, way easy.

My blu rarely melees him, unless he is bored, it pays to feed him TP as slow as possible. So that means with just me on nin/dnc for DD and tank we usually burn his HP down in under 5 minutes.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 17:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thats really good info mate, i'll have to try that solo when i return to the game (hopefully soon)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-08 17:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for Atmas I am forever using RR/GH/SS

Love the enmity, HP, Crit Rate, and Crit damage that combo gives me. But I am a firm believer in using what ever atma you feel gets the job done, I am sure there is other stuff you can use.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 17:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like when i return i'm gonna have a ton of briar soloing to do lulz (though i haven't even started kannagi before my break lol)... and what of Carabosse? did i miss that response... she soloable by nin/dnc at 90? i have a pretty decent evade build on ninja including 2x sekka+2 agi/evade katana...they are pretty damn dope for soloing for sure
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-08 17:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Carabosse might be a little over whelming on NIN/DNC from what I understand she likes to use AoE magic, which has always been the bane of any ninja, but I have yet to fight her so idk.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 17:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

would migawari + stunning flourishes work? (violent obviously) *shrug* I need her more than Briar, as I'm further on my Masamune than my Kannagi lol
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-08 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current eva set, the legs have 9 eva on them. I am sure it is over kill but w/e.

I have a +20 eva katana but I never use it anymore, and my boomerang stays right where it is almost all the time these days. Soon as I get a flower though that will complete a nice ammo slot collection I have been working on.

I don't use this set on bria though, I use 26% haste *** kickin TP build, and an okish WS set. He has pretty bad accuracy, the only hits that should get through if any will be his WSs.

I need Hachiryu feet, Panko's Neck, Ocelot's Pants, and Apoc Nigh eva earring I think to have a ridiculous amount of evasion in my set.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-08 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said idk about the fairy, we have not started on her yet, we are working on one sword and 2 katanas right now.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 17:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i do eventually want almace for blu and kannagi for nin (though Masa for Sam, and Verethragna for pup come first for me, which i reckon i'll have to solo a lot of) I think Vere's on pup is very underestimated with the set bonus on pup's AF3+2 so I want to wow some folks, when I get the Veres as well
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 17:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carrabosse has been solo'd by Nin/Dnc before. Just make sure you bring remedy ointments for paralyze.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 17:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

remedy ointments...gotcha thx ^^
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 00:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Carrabosse has been solo'd by Nin/Dnc before. Just make sure you bring remedy ointments for paralyze.

Care to elaborate a little more?

We just did carabosse tonight, with 8, and we died lol.

I wish people who make claims like Kirana would at least go into further detail like I did with Bria in this thread.

Not a knock on you Kirana or anything, just a bit more detail would be nice and helpful to everyone I think.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-10 00:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duoed and trioed Carabosse a lot, how did you wipe with 8?
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-10 00:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

- 7 melees, one whm
- Non-mnk melees aren't /nin and can get one shotted by stronger spells
- Generic dumb ***

It's fairly easy to have one person fall against Carabosse in my experience - but eight means you're doing something fundamentally wrong. If you're willing to write out your basic strat I'd be willing to critique it with minimal trolling. I do it with an optimized Kannagi nin, optimized whm with +2 emp body and 49% potency, and any offtank without much trouble.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-06-10 00:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

- 7 melees, one whm
- Generic dumb ***

It's fairly easy to have one person fall against Carabosse in my experience - but eight means you're doing something fundamentally wrong. If you're willing to write out your basic strat I'd be willing to critique it with minimal trolling. I do it with an optimized Kannagi nin, optimized whm with +2 emp body and 49% potency, and any offtank without much trouble.
I did mine with a pretty average rdm and thf, nothing too fancy.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-10 00:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Shiva.Msthief said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

- 7 melees, one whm
- Generic dumb ***

I did mine with a pretty average rdm and thf, nothing too fancy.

Hey Waka.

/joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy. /joy.

xDD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 00:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see Carabosse killing a competent NIN/DNC unless they somehow get horribly unlucky, and even then. Violent Flourish and MDT gear handles her BLM mode (or better yet stun the phase change), the only other significant threats are mute and breakga (again, VF sup) but neither are within a single phase change of BLM mode so you're still safe, as she shouldn't be doing too much damage in her other modes.