Sony's Rapture?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Sony's Rapture?
Sony's Rapture?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Sony deserves everything they get, they do nothing but try and rip people off with their products and prices, they dont stand behind their products at all. I had a ps3, 1 month old, wanted to send it in for warranty, they told me if you dont have the original receipt you have no warranty, whether your sony is 1 minute old or 1 year old, they dont care, as they told me buy a new one. This has happened to me with a ps2 and a ps3. Their PS3 was a total failure, they had such good technology in the system and could have taken over, but they failed because they assumed "We are sony, we are the best, who cares what customers want"

Blatant lie, everyone knows that their site tracks the serial numbers of the units to tell you if you're in warranty or not.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-01 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, PS3 failed. Just look how bad it's doing in sales right now.

|:
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Actually it does have something to do with the topic, because it was quoted as microsoft working with a 14yr old phisher (hacker, whatever) that made attempts to phish on XBox Live..so technically they are hiring a hacker...Has everything to do with this topic (atleast from the Microsoft side of this story).
Just ignore him.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 13:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Brak...so you're mad that Sony wouldn't give you a warranty without a receipt... Well they would need to know if you didn't steal it......... How is that bad business on Sony's part? Sony puts out some really good games actually... I can't see how that argument is even really valid. Ya you didn't get a warranty, but they do need to verify you actually bought one and not just stole it.... (Am I reading your post correctly? Is that why they wouldn't do it?)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Sony deserves everything they get, they do nothing but try and rip people off with their products and prices, they dont stand behind their products at all. I had a ps3, 1 month old, wanted to send it in for warranty, they told me if you dont have the original receipt you have no warranty, whether your sony is 1 minute old or 1 year old, they dont care, as they told me buy a new one. This has happened to me with a ps2 and a ps3. Their PS3 was a total failure, they had such good technology in the system and could have taken over, but they failed because they assumed "We are sony, we are the best, who cares what customers want"

wat.

umadbro.

You might want to stop and read what you've typed as it makes no sense whatsoever lol.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

rofl @ you.

Have had several friends receive warranty support from Sony, not to mention how did you not have a receipt for a PS3 1 month after purchasing it? You could get this from the store you bought it from.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-06-01 13:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

so? he taught others how to do the same, so what?

Changing the software on your hardware isn't illegal, nor is teaching others how to do it.

If he was spreading sony's software then yes that's illegal.

Well I don't know how this differs from jailbreaking a phone then. But consoles and their IPs are not exactly my forte.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought jailbreaking was against the law... I guess I'm not entirely sure what "jailbreaking" means then. I thought it meant to hack your system to be able to DL free stuff.... cuz that sounds pretty illegal to me... idk
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ianpyst said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

so? he taught others how to do the same, so what?

Changing the software on your hardware isn't illegal, nor is teaching others how to do it.

If he was spreading sony's software then yes that's illegal.

Well I don't know how this differs from jailbreaking a phone then. But consoles and their IPs are not exactly my forte.

It doesn't but people are trying to make it a big crime.

Sony's business model (and other game consoles) are based on selling the software, they sell the hardware at a loss (which is not the consumer's fault) phone's are typically sold at a loss too, and companies make their money from the software and service.

To be honest the groups of people that pirate without ever buying anything are just as much to blame.
 Carbuncle.Brakiss
user: Brakiss
By Carbuncle.Brakiss 2011-06-01 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I have to search for the receipt? Sony has a file of when the PS3 was made, who it was sold to, when that store sold it. He had all of that info but they still said no warranty, normally after a week i throw receipts out. I have had 3 xbox's, 2 had red ring, i didnt have to produce a receipt, they know how long the warranty is. Sony just looks for excuses to milk more money out of you. My problem with the PS3 is i cant sit more then 6' away from the system or it wont read the controller, obviously a system/warranty issue.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I thought jailbreaking was against the law... I guess I'm not entirely sure what "jailbreaking" means then. I thought it meant to hack your system to be able to DL free stuff.... cuz that sounds pretty illegal to me... idk

no typically people do it to run other things on their phone, or to sometimes run their phone on another network.

It's not illegal. (unless phone companies get their way)
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-06-01 13:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Jailbreaking/modding/rooting etc. are not illegal, void your warranty on the products sure. It is what you can do afterward that may be illegal.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

Well... USUALLY you need the receipt for something like a warranty... That's why you put the receipt inside the box after you open it up. I've done this since my first console. If you don't have one, you can ask the retail store you purchased from if you could get a copy of it, if you paid by credit card. Usually they let you do that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-01 13:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the store is at fault, not Sony. No one else I know has ever encountered that problem. Ever.

I've sat across an entire room and my PS3 controller read it just fine. You're just making up excuses for no reason.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 13:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Why should I have to search for the receipt? Sony has a file of when the PS3 was made, who it was sold to, when that store sold it. He had all of that info but they still said no warranty, normally after a week i throw receipts out. I have had 3 xbox's, 2 had red ring, i didnt have to produce a receipt, they know how long the warranty is. Sony just looks for excuses to milk more money out of you. My problem with the PS3 is i cant sit more then 6' away from the system or it wont read the controller, obviously a system/warranty issue.

You don't need a receipt, unless they don't have data on when it was sold, which would mean it's stolen.

Get a new controller.
 Carbuncle.Brakiss
By Carbuncle.Brakiss 2011-06-01 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Another reason, why when sony was hacked didnt they tell people? They allowed all of their users information to be stolen then didnt bother to tell people so they could protect themselves, sony does not care what happens after you buy your system, they have already got your money.
 Carbuncle.Brakiss
By Carbuncle.Brakiss 2011-06-01 13:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

You don't need a receipt, unless they don't have data on when it was sold, which would mean it's stolen.

Get a new controller.

I have purchased 2 other controllers, none work. I have given up, i dont care i will never buy another sony product again. I am just glad to see them have problems.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-06-01 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

Gonna have to agree with Ramuh.Haseyo on this, your just throwing crap at a wall and hoping some will stick.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

You have a little brown on your nose bro... might wanna clean that up.

You either are talking straight out of your *** on this one or you talked to a lazy rep which in that case I would have just called on a different day.

I've had those type of people ... everywhere :/ it happens.

as far as your controller goes ... get a new one, probably just a faulty one happens on any type of electronics.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-06-01 13:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
why would you buy a Ps3 for 299$ and not keep the receipt? i still have mine. you know why? common sense.

some products are not really worth keeping the receipt but 299$ is a lot for an entertainment product.
if you don't keep it and have problems with warranty: your own fault.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-01 13:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Another reason, why when sony was hacked didnt they tell people? They allowed all of their users information to be stolen then didnt bother to tell people so they could protect themselves, sony does not care what happens after you buy your system, they have already got your money.

Lol, I'm done here. Clearly you're just trollin' us.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

Get a new controller.

I have purchased 2 other controllers, none work. I have given up, i dont care i will never buy another sony product again. I am just glad to see them have problems.

wahwahwahwahimamicrosoftfanboywahwahwah.

that's about all i'm seeing here lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
why would you buy a Ps3 for 299$ and not keep the receipt? i still have mine. you know why? common sense.

some products are not really worth keeping the receipt but 299$ is a lot for an entertainment product.
if you don't keep it and have problems with warranty: your own fault.

I've had mine for quite a few years now and I still have the box, the receipt and all the information that came with it, not keeping that stuff is just asking for stupid crap to happen.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-06-01 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Why should I have to search for the receipt?
Because it's proof that you bought the console. Proof you got the warranty with the console.

I've worked at a retail store. It's a pain in the *** when a customer brings back a product without a receipt and they *** about getting store credit.

It's always good to keep your receipts. Put them in a little shoe box if you have to.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-01 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have my *** Gamecube box xD
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-06-01 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brakiss said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Carbuncle.Brakiss said:

Get a new controller.

just worth a quote.
and a laugh

ha.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 13:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

If it tells you anything...

I still have my NES box :o
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-01 13:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend was all over this, cheering on the hackers, even thot hey took the network down. go them? I dunno, people say what Geohot did wasn't bad, but it completely opened the PS3 and PSP for hacking. meaning more pirating. then he distribted them. if he kept it to himself, it wouldn't of been a problem. but it's like taking your friends Debit card, figuring out the code, then making thousands of copies and giving them out to people. of course he;s gunna be pissed
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-01 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

If it tells you anything...

I still have my NES box :o
got my NES, sega and dreamcast and n64 sitting next to me. wish i knew wtf happened to the SNES.