Se Taking More Action To Alleviate Congestion.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Se taking more action to alleviate congestion.
Se taking more action to alleviate congestion.
First Page 2
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-05-31 06:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea Update Scheduled for June 6

As part of a continuing effort to alleviate congestion in Abyssea areas, an update will be performed on Monday, June 6 incorporating the following refinements:
Sturdy pyxides in Abyssea areas will appear in significantly greater quantities.

Players will be given the option to manually destroy any sturdy pyxis.
*When exercising this option, the destroying player will receive a cruor reward proportional to the rank of the pyxis.
The name of the player who successfully struck a fiend's weakness will be displayed in the message log.

When performing atma infusions, players will be able to view and select from a list of their twelve most recently infused atma.
*When selecting from this list, players will be able to infuse two or three atma at once.

*This feature will function independently of the "Reinfuse previous atma set" option. (Atma selected from the list will not overwrite the previous atma set, nor will atma infused via "Reinfuse..." be stored in the list.)

Here
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-05-31 06:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We're under attack!

Reroute all power to solo PLD Brochain amber farm!

...Ahem.
It's certainly nice we're getting these things next week rather than "Gee, guys, we can't really do anything for ya until next major update in two and a half months."
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-31 06:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I see much rage forth comming about only the player destroying the chest getting the cruor... That and everyone rushing to every single chest that drops even more then now.

The addition of saying who staggered a mob is nice though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-05-31 06:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
I see much rage forth comming about only the player destroying the chest getting the cruor... That and everyone rushing to every single chest that drops even more then now.
Anything higher than a max of 300 cruor and chaos will ensue.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-05-31 07:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe now I can make enough gold chests drop to get my ninjar feet...
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-31 07:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonderful update overall.

edit: I'm pretty sure by "Sturdy pyxides in Abyssea areas will appear in significantly greater quantities." they mean they are increasing the amount of chests that can exist in the zone at the same time, not increasing the number of chests a mob can drop.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-31 07:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime now we are gunna get people asking about if the level cap will be going up this update XD

I would assume it refers to the max number of chests on the ground as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-31 07:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad to hear about this because I've run into the problem where the zone reaches the chest cap more than once recently. Even pulling 30-40 mobs with max light would only net us 1-5 chests and it was pretty ridiculous. With removing chests netting some cruor I hope to see it not be such an issue. It should at the very least make going through all the chests a lot easier.

Asura.Ina said:

I would assume it refers to the max number of chests on the ground as well.

I hope they increase the # of chests available in each zone but if nothing else the cruor reward for killing the chest should help a bit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-31 07:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Now people are going to fight to detonate all the crappy chests for cruor XD
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-31 08:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that to destroy a chest you'll have to select it from a menu, and probably confirm it. Going to suck going through a bunch of chests that way. Hopefully they add a way to do it with macros.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-05-31 08:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad idea to have only one person get a cruor reward. Who honestly comes up with this ***at SE? A 10 year old could see that this is a bad idea.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-31 08:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to remove big gold chests with shitty temp items while cleaving will be glorious.

Seriously I have lost KIs to stacking chests. ; ;
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-31 08:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

cleaving is soo 2010.... Brochain farming :P
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-31 08:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For groups of friends, I'm sure the cruor reward for chest destruction is no big deal, and it's a blessing to finally have the option to get rid of all the crappy chests without taking the time/keys to pop them.

But for pickup exp allies full of nabs and terrible players? This little addition, even if it's only 25-50 cruor or so per destroyed chest, will lead to the alliance grinding to a halt. Because they're mostly idiots, and they will fight tooth and nail over insipid little things like this.

If I hadn't already deactivated my account for a little summer break, I'd immediately try to join an exp alliance after this update. It's bound to be hilarious.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-05-31 08:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole update looks nice, but honestly SE why the fk give a cruor reward for destroying a chest, then make things worse by only giving it to the ONE player?

Either remove it or make it so everyone receives cruor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-31 09:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said:

As part of a continuing effort to alleviate congestion in Abyssea areas, an update will be performed on Monday, June 6 incorporating the following refinements:
Sturdy pyxides in Abyssea areas will appear in significantly greater quantities.

*When exercising this option, the destroying player will receive a cruor reward proportional to the rank of the pyxis.
The name of the player who successfully struck a fiend's weakness will be displayed in the message log.

When performing atma infusions, players will be able to view and select from a list of their twelve most recently infused atma.
*When selecting from this list, players will be able to infuse two or three atma at once.

*This feature will function independently of the "Reinfuse previous atma set" option. (Atma selected from the list will not overwrite the previous atma set, nor will atma infused via "Reinfuse..." be stored in the list.)

Here

I don't understand how any of this would reduce the congestion.

Edit: Only way I can see it reducing congestion is people getting what they needed from chests and leaving immediately but that was never the big problem.
 Shiva.Lacas
user: Rakasu
By Shiva.Lacas 2011-05-31 09:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shishiza said:
Shiva.Galbir said:

Here

From what I made of it they seem to be hoping people will spend less time in there...
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-31 09:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It reduced congestion in relation to chests...

There is a max number of chests that can be on the ground in any abyssea zones. This is universal not limited to party. By giving the option to destroy the chests and increacing the number that can be on the ground it allows more groups to be chest farming at the same time.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-31 09:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shishiza said:
Shiva.Galbir said:

Here

There is a cap on the number of chests that can be up at any one time in an abyssea area. This means that when an area has 3+ alliances in an area farming boxes - that if the cap is reached then you wont get any more boxes even if you kill 50 monsters every 10 seconds.

This update will allow people to destroy boxes - reducing the amount up.
This update I think will increase the number of boxes that can be up at any one time.
This update will hopefully speed up atma infusion so when you enter as an alliance or more you wont have everyone crowded around one NPC.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-31 09:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly see the issue with the curor reward only going to the player who performs the action. However in some parties like curor farming its only fair for the person using up keys to get a little something back.
 Caitsith.Tame
Server: Caitsith
user: Asukas
By Caitsith.Tame 2011-05-31 09:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
The whole update looks nice, but honestly SE why the fk give a cruor reward for destroying a chest, then make things worse by only giving it to the ONE player?

Either remove it or make it so everyone receives cruor.

If they didn't offer some sort of reward, what other reason would people have to destroy chests other than to just remove some chest clutter? The curor reward is an attempt to get people to remove the chests from the max number of chests in the zone.

Generally the people opening chests, and now destroying them, are the ones using curor at 500 a pop. So overall, those people earn less curor than the rest of the party/alliance does. Honestly, it makes sense to me. It's not like the non-poppers are now, somehow, getting less from this. If anything, you will get more curor because of the increase in the number of chests in the zone.

If you are talking about it benefiting chest popping, low-level, xp-leeching keywhores, here is a simple solution: Stop inviting them and use your own curor/keys.

Overall, I think this update sounds great considering SE's history of relieving congestion in the past (*cough* they didn't). It's not perfect, but at least it shows they are reacting to some of the issues now.
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-05-31 10:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know why but can see a lot of lame keywhores destroy chests with KI they already have instead of giving others the chance just to get more cruor "temp items guys", people can be greedy.

For solo farming, i like the idea to get cruor instead of wasting a key on useless stuff. It is absurd to give cruor only to the player destroying the chest.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-31 10:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it so you can spawn any number of NM from a given ???, make every timed pop NM a force pop. There, all congestion magically disappears.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-31 10:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome changes, I can't wait :)

Shiva.Cybermario said:
i dont know why but can see a lot of lame keywhores destroy chests with KI they already have instead of giving others the chance just to get more cruor "temp items guys", people can be greedy.
Then don't hire random key *** if your main goal is KI farming and this worries you.
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-05-31 10:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Awesome changes, I can't wait :)

Shiva.Cybermario said:
Then don't hire random key *** if your main goal is KI farming and this worries you.
I never take keywhores, usually farm in lowman with friends, but seen a lot of greedy *** in random shouts i join when i need exp or cruor
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-31 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should just be able to turn any other chest into a "blue chest - cruor" ie with capped azure you can just turn any chest you don't need into 1000 alliance wide cruor (red chests with lights you don't need for example). The giving it to the person who pops it is going to make people fight over who "destroys chests".

A large portion of people are capped on exp and only go to parties for cruor. If you're in a cruor burn party the people are going to start being more concerned with destroying chests than getting kills.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-05-31 10:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
It reduced congestion in relation to chests...

There is a max number of chests that can be on the ground in any abyssea zones. This is universal not limited to party. By giving the option to destroy the chests and increacing the number that can be on the ground it allows more groups to be chest farming at the same time.

And thus alleviates the congestion at seal NMs...how?

I'll agree, wonderful update for cleavers for Empyrean mob KIs, but it doesn't prevent congestion at pretty much every single +1 seal mob (I'm looking at you in particular, Yaguarogui).

2-3 instances of every NM in Abyssea - bam, problem solved.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-05-31 10:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said:
Make it so you can spawn any number of NM from a given ???, make every timed pop NM a force pop. There, all congestion magically disappears.

I think this is in regards to the number of chests at any given time, which has more to do with people in a zone than people hunting specific NMs. And anyway, their easy enough to get, claim, and kill. Not sure we all need to finish everything we've ever wanted in a weekend, only to beg for more new stuff right afterwards.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-31 10:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said:
And thus alleviates the congestion at seal NMs...how?

I'll agree, wonderful update for cleavers for Empyrean mob KIs, but it doesn't prevent congestion at pretty much every single +1 seal mob (I'm looking at you in particular, Yaguarogui).

2-3 instances of every NM in Abyssea - bam, problem solved.
Pick one of the other 2 NMs that drop the +1 seals you want >.> I've never run into this sort of issue that wasn't solved by taking turns, teaming up, or simply going after a different target that isn't as heavily camped.
[+]
First Page 2