Ocelot Or Iga Tekko +2?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-27 12:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Gonna go ahead and play white knight here but Kin37ix is actually making a decent point, which people here who are entirely too reliant on spreadsheets and inflexible situations can't see. Sometimes I wonder if people here can see the forest for the trees.

No he isn't, he's saying Iga > Ocelot if you need accuracy or need evasion. In a TP set. The 2min fight or bust argument is ridiculous, Haste still has an effect on how fast you can attack the next mob, or re-engage, which he isn't factoring. That and the more swings from Haste = more chances at DA proc/TA proc/Set proc, further increasing damage.
If you need accuracy, you use food, if you still need accuracy, start with other pieces, like fire bomblet for one, not lowering Haste for accuracy. If you need the evasion, those hands alone aren't going to make as high of an impact on overall DPS through casting shadows less, as the Haste would.
***'s situational, but it should still be correct.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Server: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-27 13:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

let this thread die.... let the guy TP in evasion gear
By Celll 2011-05-27 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You're a math guy. Look at the math, and show me how I am wrong.

You're only wrong in the sense that some people are incredibly retentive about gear in this game.. (look at haub+1 back in the day really 11 mil or so for an increase of maybe 5-10 dmg?) On my server Haub was just about 3-5 mil and +1 was 9-14 mil in any given month. Look at speed belt 30 mill+ for 6% haste? 2% more over a swift.. yep people would pay it easy.

Thats how it is and will be till the game dies out. Some people like me won't really see the 1.xx% haste as a huge issue, while others will go nuts if they aren't capped.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-27 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
he's saying Iga > Ocelot if you need accuracy or need evasion.

No I'm NOT! I'm saying Ocelot is only slightly better, and only when you have capped acc and eva...

Am I reading something wrong? If Ocelot are only better with capped accuracy or evasion, then Iga are better with uncapped accuracy evasion? Cause that's what I said (which is still incorrect anyway)
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 13:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
he's saying Iga > Ocelot if you need accuracy or need evasion.

No I'm NOT! I'm saying Ocelot is only slightly better, and only when you have capped acc and eva...

All I've seen you write so far is that Ocelot is slightly better (better means better) than Tekko +2 under the right circumstances so, ok, how about you adjust your TP build according to the circumstances and stop dragging this nonesense?

tldr stop trolling

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
hey

use that but with lv90 kannagi ok? ok

^this.

This was decided how many months ago? Nothing has changed, how is this even a thread?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is OP Nabis2.0?
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-05-27 13:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i think your math is wrong.

0.04 secs difference should provide an extra attack in 50-51 or secs.

Also, is it unreasonable that tekko is better than ocelot with uncapped acc? 13 acc is way better than 1.27 haste even at haste cap. Of course ocelot does provide a small acc boost on such situation too.

oh, and hmm. I thought haste didn't affect our first melee swings. I'm pretty sure on idle->engage->hit. I remember my drg and thief taking the same time to do such first hit. From what i used notice with timestamp it was around 5 secs. Never made any better controlled tests though.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 13:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Is OP Nabis2.0?

Nah, he whould be suggesting sam sub for zanshin if he were.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-27 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
I respect your opinions, and I have learned a lot from your posts. My point, so there is no confusion, is that Ocelot is only slightly better, under the 3 conditions that I have stated over and over in this thread.

You're a math guy. Look at the math, and show me how I am wrong.
Quote:
Ocelot does slightly more damage if a fight last longer then 2 minutes
Technically the amount of damage dealt will be roughly the same either way, as mobs have fixed HP values. Variance will be due to overkill and minor playstyle variations. What does change is that you're now killing slightly faster over an extended period of time. The mob dies slightly faster, you reengage sooner, maybe you get a hit in before someone else if you're inclined to win a parse. The benefits aren't contained within each fight, they carry over from monster to monster unless there's a wait period that ends at the exact same time either way (which involves factors that are generally outside the scope of the game's mechanics).

Quote:
and you have capped ACC
If you're only comparing the two hands, yes. But you're overcapping haste and can thus make trades elsewhere. Ironguy's build on page 1 is the standard setup for this (sidenote: PEDOBEES FINALLY PUT OUT LAST NIGHT WOO. 3/4 also dropped Skadi head >_>;), or you could keep Iga Kyahan +2 and instead swap in Byakko's Haidate with Store TP and critdmg+ augments. Which is preferable depends mostly on how much critrate you're gaining from the second build, with accuracy also being of interest as the first set has more.

Once you make those trades, it gets more complicated. It may be better to change your food or your weapon to something with more accuracy, depending on your specific choices.

Quote:
and you have capped EVA.
This partly depends on what you use your NIN for. There are situations where you can go all-out and not care about your evasion or damage taken, but if you have another DD job that would perform better in this situation then you may not be on NIN here. There are also times when you're cotanking; you're taking fewer hits and thus your shadows last longer. In this situation and sometimes even when solo tanking, we find an unintuitive truth: you don't always have to be capped on evasion to effectively evasion tank mobs. Many NMs wipe shadows with spells or TP moves. It doesn't matter if you have 1 shadow or 4 at this point, they're all gone. Thus, there may exist a sufficient amount of evasion that is less than capped that will sustain your shadows from one TP move or spell to the next.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-27 13:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ocelot Gloves
[Hands] All Races
DEF:22 DEX+4 AGI+8 Haste+3% Enmity+3
LV 80 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

Iga Tekko +2
[Hands] All Races
DEF:27 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+8 Evasion+8
Increases elemental ninjutsu damage Enhances "Futae" effect

Set: Augments "Dual Wield"
LV 87 NIN

This is what you benefit from either TP hands in Abyssea.

Ya, op should of been "Should i cap haste or equip +2% double attack."
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-27 13:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
hey

use that but with lv90 kannagi ok? ok

^this.

This was decided how many months ago? Nothing has changed, how is this even a thread?

Why is the brutal and rajas on the right?! D==========

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-05-27 13:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why this is called Abbysea XI now. Outside i would use tekko, Tp Ocelot. Tekko would keep me alive longer and suit me more then Ocelot.Everyone is so haste HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now and forgot that outside of abby we dont get all this acc bonus at the same time when outside of the old TP burn parties NIN acc is balls even with food compared to other jobs, when we started using Af+1 body it was on DC-T mobs, not IT+. I cant wait for the next expansion to give us mobs that would die in a few hits anymore or where a nin can solo.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-05-27 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
I equip the same stuff every other NIN equips these days...

Sekka+2/Sekka+2/Ungur
Iga+2/Iga/Suppa/Brutal
Chainmail/Ocelot/Epona's/Raja's
Atheling/Twilight/Iga+2/Iga+2

You see some variations with weapons/ammo/back/neck but generally thats the set-up.

Id kinda rather wear Tekko, yeah, and I think it's a solid choice given the math.

If you're sporting two sekkas and ungurs why are you so worried about eva anyways? And any acc; it has already been said: pizza.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-05-27 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i imagine extra 100 attack from red curry bun (comparatively) and fix acc in gear should be better than and overkilling acc boost with small attack boost.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-27 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ya, op should of been "Should i cap haste or equip +2% double attack."
I think it's a 1.1% (if not less) chance of double attacking on an offhand attack.

When your haste is almost at 80% cap, that 1.3% haste from capping will be worth... i forgot, 5% attack speed i think. Would have to find the chart for all that jazz.

Shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. But i guess you could chuck both pieces and use Aurore Gloves, you wouldn't waste that little bit of haste from it capping then. And.. and you get str+4 !!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-27 13:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@ guy with numbers in his name

Why ask for advice if you've already made your mind up.

l2finalfantasy.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
you don't always have to be capped on evasion to effectively evasion tank mobs. Many NMs wipe shadows with spells or TP moves. It doesn't matter if you have 1 shadow or 4 at this point, they're all gone. Thus, there may exist a sufficient amount of evasion that is less than capped that will sustain your shadows from one TP move or spell to the next.

This is the most important thing when it comes to evasion... You don't need enough to evade forever, just enough to keep you going till the next shadow wipe. Using GH atma and cruor buffs you are safe for most things, the things you are not will most likely require a more dedicated set for your evasion then just the tekko.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Server: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-05-27 13:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ignoring all prior posts.

5/5 AF3+2 if you're given haste + double marches + samba.
AF + Dusk if you're not.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 13:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Danthebk said:
I'm ignoring all prior posts.

5/5 AF3+2 if you're given haste + double marches.
AF + Dusk if you're not.

Like a boss
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 14:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

Why is the brutal and rajas on the right?! D==========

inb4iman00b or w/e

I see this said from time to time about brutal earring/suppa and rajas I've always just assumed it's some old joke from when I wasn't around taking a break from XI anyone mind cluing me in?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8