Portal 2, Offensive!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Portal 2, Offensive!
Portal 2, Offensive!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-05-18 12:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Dear lord... My faith in humanity hasn't dropped this much since some woman who came into my work raged at us because her sandwich was made with bread.

What...?
 Shiva.Eldarias
Server: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-05-18 12:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Aside from the fact that portal 2 is a terrible game, it wasnt offensive at all gameplay wise. It was a little offensive to charge over 3 bucks for it though.
Try harder
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-18 12:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
I'm adopted and I have no beef with this game.
To be fair, I can assume you aren't 10 years old either.
I was made fun of a bit in gradeschool about it...I just came back with the fact that their parents were stuck with them, my parents chose me. It's just like mentally handicapped people. They really don't take offense to being called retards, it's the people around them that are over sensitive. Guy should get a life. Use this game as a life lesson, make his daughter a stronger person.
^ This

My cousin was adopted and it has never been something that has bothered her at all and she's known all along. To the comment about the mentally handicapped, I've had a few friends with varying degrees of it (some major some minor). The one thing they all agreed on was that they were more offended by someone making a big deal over someone using the term "retard" then the person who used it. The reason being all they wanted was to be treated like anyone one else and by someone making such a big deal it simply drew attention to their handicap and made them feel more segrigated from others. It's the same thing as this guy, all he is doing is making it an issue.

As for the "pokes fun for not having parents" comment he made... Your parents are the people who raise you not the 2 people who got jiggy then poped you out 9 months later. If he doesn't feel confident that he could raise his child to feel like the did indeed have parents even if not biological then that is more of an issue then a comment in a video game.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-05-18 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How did this make it onto the News? What's the point?
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-05-18 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:

As for the "pokes fun for not having parents" comment he made... Your parents are the people who raise you not the 2 people who got jiggy then poped you out 9 months later.
This so much. Biological parents mean nothing. The people who raised someone are their parents. I truly feel sorry for people who bounce around foster care all of their childhood, feeling as though no one loves them enough to care for them and keep them all of their adolescence. Anyone adopted has a 99% chance of ending up in a better situation than had they stayed with their birth family and a 100% chance that they came out ahead of an abortion. If you're adopted, consider yourself lucky and stop the pity party. If you were a foster child, God bless you, and I truly feel sorry that you had to experience childhood the way you did, but I'm certain it made you a stronger person than most.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Aside from the fact that portal 2 is a terrible game, it wasnt offensive at all gameplay wise. It was a little offensive to charge over 3 bucks for it though.
Try harder
It's what he does. He is the anti-valve person. He probably one of the people who got stuck on chamber 14 on the first one and now hates the game.

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Asura.Ina said:

As for the "pokes fun for not having parents" comment he made... Your parents are the people who raise you not the 2 people who got jiggy then poped you out 9 months later.
This so much. Biological parents mean nothing. The people who raised someone are their parents.

This I never feel my biological father is one of my parents. I try my best to be nothing like him because I dislike him that much. You know who I try to be like? My step father, the man who has raised me the past 19 years since I was 3. Family is more than just the blood that flows through you it's also the people who care about you and love you. To throw that this game shows adoption in a bad light is stupid seeing as the people from the game have literally been kidnapped and for the most part suffer brain damage and can't remember their own past to know whether it's true or not. People just want to cry about everything these days. Everything has to be politically correct and it's a gigantic load of BS. At this rate the term adopted will suffer the same fate as the term cripple and mental retardation. Words that describe something yet simply based on how they are used and how emotional people are have been condemned.
[+]
 Asura.Citag
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2011-05-18 13:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I adopt my little Asian girl, I wont tell her she's adopted until she's 18. I really hope she doesnt figure it out...
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Citag said:
When I adopt my little Asian girl, I wont tell her she's adopted until she's 18. I really hope she doesnt figure it out...
....I couldn't help but laugh at the second part.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-05-18 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Citag said:
When she's old enough to figure out, she'll ask. I did the same thing.
 Asura.Citag
By Asura.Citag 2011-05-18 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:

Lol, Urial got it... I was being sarcastic. Because you know, I'm white... and she's asian...
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Citag said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:

Lol, Urial got it... I was being sarcastic. Because you know, I'm white... and she's asian...
It's like when you watch Kung Fu Panda and Panda's "Dad" tries to claim he's his father...even though he's a duck.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-05-18 13:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Citag said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:

No, I understood exactly what you said. Lol. I guess I don't understand the humor in adoption, really. Being adopted myself, etc. Either way, happy birthday.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-18 13:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Citag said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:

hehe my cousin is asian so she knew from the get go (rest of us are all white people). Honestly I think it's harder on them the longer you wait though. Even more so if they find some other way.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-05-18 13:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder
It's what he does. He is the anti-valve person. He probably one of the people who got stuck on chamber 14 on the first one and now hates the game.

Or im one of those people that solved every puzzle in under two minutes and realized its the exact same game as the first one with a 60 dollar price tag and a few extra jokes.. Literally the whole last 3/4ths of the game consisted of "find the one piece of portal-able wall and shoot it". Your a valve fanboy, if it doesnt have cake and portals, you dont want it.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Citag said:

No, I understood exactly what you said. Lol. I guess I don't understand the humor in adoption, really. Being adopted myself, etc. Either way, happy birthday.
I don't think the humor was in adoption. It was more meant to be at the fact that people don't expect kids to know and question. But kids are curious enough as it is much less if they don't seem to look similar to their parents. They will ask. I find it more comical to think that there are people out there who plan on adopting and don't think about that. It's something you will have to think about and plan for.
 Asura.Citag
By Asura.Citag 2011-05-18 13:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, nothing wrong with adopting a child. For whatever reason, if you cant have a kid yourself or you'd rather help a child who is in need. You just cant try to hide it and need to be up front with your child when they are old enough to understand what it means.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

Or im one of those people that solved every puzzle in under two minutes and realized its the exact same game as the first one with a 60 dollar price tag and a few extra jokes.. Literally the whole last 3/4ths of the game consisted of "find the one piece of portal-able wall and shoot it". Your a valve fanboy, if it doesnt have cake and portals, you dont want it.

Portal 1 and 2 are the only Valve games I purchased myself. Please elaborate on my Valve fanboydom.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-05-18 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

Portal 1 and 2 are the only Valve games I purchased myself. Please elaborate on my Valve fanboydom.

The fact that you liked portal 2 is enough proof.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

You like black ops. And still play final fantasy xi after all they have done is make teh new content a more simple version of what it used to be. How can you point fingers honestly. Idiot.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Portal 2 was only $45, and I got a $10 gift card to best buy when I pre-ordered.
Yeah same I paid $45 and got it on PS3 and PC. Sweet deal IMO.
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-05-18 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

You like black ops. And still play final fantasy xi after all they have done is make teh new content a more simple version of what it used to be. How can you point fingers honestly. Idiot.

I have said COUNTLESS times in other threads that black ops is trash and MW wrecks it. And i guess if you call standing afk in port jeuno "playing" then yea you got me.... Get your facts straight. Idiot.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
Server: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-05-18 13:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 13:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

I have said COUNTLESS times in other threads that black ops is trash and MW wrecks it. And i guess if you call standing afk in port jeuno "playing" then yea you got me.... Get your facts straight. Idiot.
My facts are straight. You still actively play XI and actively play BO....Your facts were the incorrect ones in regards to the price for Portal 2. uBitter?
 Shiva.Tidusblitz
By Shiva.Tidusblitz 2011-05-18 13:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Shiva.Tidusblitz said:
Try harder

My facts are straight. You still actively play XI and actively play BO....Your facts were the incorrect ones in regards to the price for Portal 2. uBitter?

I wish you could make the font bigger...so i could go up there and make it huge where you said i LIKE black ops. I play black ops when friends are on, never any other time. And i have constantly said black ops is terrible.

And if you consider 2-3 hours a week "actively" playing ffxi, then yea you got me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-18 14:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tidusblitz said:

I wish you could make the font bigger...so i could go up there and make it huge where you said i LIKE black ops. I play black ops when friends are on, never any other time. And i have constantly said black ops is terrible.

And if you consider 2-3 hours a week "actively" playing ffxi, then yea you got me.
Technically you can.
Notice where I made darker and bolder...
What does that say again?
:3