Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 45 46 47
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-16 21:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone here got any ideas for Caladbolg tp/ws setups for paladin?

the threads that have already been posted are either semi-outdated or dont seem right...
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-16 22:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

the threads that have already been posted are either semi-outdated or dont seem right...
I threw this one together a while back:

You could possibly change a few spots to squeeze out more att like mars's/strigoi instead of rajas and/or heca +1 legs.

However, I haven't used Torcleaver at all since when I first got the WoE weapon and thus don't care too much about it.

It's really not worth it for PLD anyway, since you're supposed to tank when you're on PLD and the few times that you're just proc'ing or w/e, you can just use merc sword to get it over with faster.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-16 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to get PDT/MDT/SI on the same Dark Ring? I have PDT/MDT/BDT on one so I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'm not sure.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-16 22:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »

Have I fallen that far down your list that you didnt even ask me Cololo? /shamed

Negative its just past experience your xml dont work on my toon. i use soba's atm but wanted something more detailed then his already detailed xml.

Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »
I would suggest that you use Neo's .xml and just update the gear with what you have available or think is best to use.

Or you want a ready-to-use .xml without putting any thoughts into the sets yourself?

i already have ideas on my set but was hoping to get one with the optimal gear to give me something to focus on while im just standing in town scratching myself inbetween dynamis and voidwatch, thats all really but ill try to rework Neo's its just his set revolves on burtgang's -pdt and i plan on using almace and down the road excal(still a maybe) of which i had already worked a CDC set in my current xml.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-11-17 10:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Is it possible to get PDT/MDT/SI on the same Dark Ring? I have PDT/MDT/BDT on one so I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'm not sure.
Can't remember having seen this combo on the junk I've gotten so far but it would be pretty boss to get those 3 maxed.

But yea, I would assume that the odds for that are pretty low.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-17 11:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one with those augments, not maxed though.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-11-17 11:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

same, i got a 4% mdt/pdt 3% SID
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-18 15:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome.

My current rings are:
PDT-3%/MDT-6%/BDT-4%
PDT-3%/MDT-5%
MDT-6%
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 15:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 5/5 PDT/MDT and a 5/3. I use the 5/5 and shadow ring for magic def, and both dark rings for PDT. So the second ring doesn't really need MDT. It's just convenient for mobs with mixed dmg(en dmg, spikes, etc.)

As I recall, you have shadow ring in your list of stuff to get. So for dark rings I'd focus on getting one ring with PDT/MDT, then one with just PDT(+whatever else you happen get on it.) Cause trying to get 2 rings with good PDT And MDT is a ***.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-18 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think getting the shadow ring is less likely to happen than getting two good pdt/mdt rings. Either way I still have both -6% MDT rings. I just want to reduce inv space.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 15:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly... maybe it's just my luck at work here, but I think a shadow ring is easier to come by these days than a 5/5 or better dark ring.

But, however you wanna do it. Does take less space to just use two good dark rings.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-18 15:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well pretty much everything I do right now is trio'd. Two of those three being myself dualboxing. It limits what we can do outside of Abyssea.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 16:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis lord would be a rather challenging Trio, I'd think. I know dualboxing him doesn't work so well. lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-18 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to assume that's from experience? lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 16:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. XD I have a fondness for trying crazy ***. And pops are easy to get.

Fight didn't go too badly, while it lasted. Got him to about 75%~ with Ochain PLD/DNC and WHM/THF.(Didn't start the run planning for DL, just decided to give it a shot)

Funny thing is, I completely expected Chainspell to kill me, but I didn't get that far. Ard(my alt) got hit by a manastorm(huge range) that zero'd his mp, at almost the same time as one of the dragons petro eye'd Martel. 0 MP to stona. No sublimation. No meds. Too far to run in for Benediction in time. I got flattened a few seconds later, then ard followed.

Might give it another shot later, with ard /sch. And try to find a way to position ard out of manastorm range. Then I'll live long enough to get fried by chainspell. lol.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-18 16:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a fan of trying crazy things at times myself. Sav is always like "that NM sucks" or "we're gonna die". What's a few XP, right?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 16:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. 'Sides, you never know till you try. And even if you fail horribly, it makes for good stories. XD
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-11-18 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I'm a fan of trying crazy things at times myself. Sav is always like "that NM sucks" or "we're gonna die". What's a few XP, right?
Lol I've done that, tried soloing nms for the he'll of it sometimes I'd win but I'd die... Alot lol
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-18 16:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Lord is at the very least four-man territory, but Empyrean DD are absolutely necessary in most cases.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 16:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I think a duo is possible, just not very practical. It'd also help a lot if I wasn't the tank And the WHM.

The only thing I don't think I could deal with atm is chainspell. Maybe if I get an Aegis.
 Cerberus.Arcmarc
Server: Cerberus
user: marc4497
By Cerberus.Arcmarc 2011-11-18 16:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

PLD doesnt get enough attack for this ws to be worthwhile imo. I could be wrong, but the correct answer to this is, "level drk."
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-11-18 19:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see about duoing DL this weekend with wife and see how it goes with Aegis/Burt instead of Ochain/Almace. It's been a while since I've done Dlord and haven't checked the vertical range on the ledges, but do the ledges still have enough height difference to block TP moves from hitting the mages?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 19:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I knew. About the ledges, I mean. Better positioning could have made that fight.

Honestly, I don't think Aegis is gonna do so great on DL. He's largely physical dmg. Him And his two friends. Pretty much all his ws are high dmg physical attacks. And MP quickly becomes a concern. I was doing alot of curing on Martel, having tons of mp via Ochain from getting my face kicked in. Aegis would be great for those nasty insta-cast -ga III's though.

But really the only thing I think Aegis is needed for would be chainspell. His nukes do hit pretty hard, was about ~700 per -ga III. I just can't see a good way to survive that without Aegis.

On the other side though, hundred fists and mighty strikes could get pretty nasty for an Aegis wielder.

Well, the lvl difference isn't what it used to be. Maybe you can get a decent block rate on him. Reprisal/sentinel/palisade on hundred fists/mighty strikes. And burtgang's PDT will help. I was tanking in DD gear though, if you have to turtle up with PDT gear to survive the physical assault, it could be a loooong fight.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-18 20:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Consecutive spells are really giving you that hard of a time? An MDT set with a good WHM really shouldn't have a problem dealing with Chainspell. Afflatus Solace is absolutely broken when it comes to successive magic attacks that aren't individually threatening, but add up.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-18 20:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that I did say I never got chain spelled the one time I tried this. I Foresee it being an issue. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

Perhaps part of the issue is that I keep thinking of the dmg his normal nukes do. 700'ish dmg can be fairly threatening rapid fire with dragons beating, and WS'ing, me at the same time. But the issue with his normal nukes is that they're instant cast too. So I can't swap in MDT gear for those, I'd have to idle in it. But with CS, I can just lock in MDT gear when I see CS fire.

Of course, all of this assumes I can get my whm out of range of manastorm so I'll actually have MP when I need it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-18 20:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I had no problem eating nukes on MNK last run we did. I did eat dirt on a mighty strikes TP move though :(
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-18 21:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because you used Counterstance.

ITT: Dynamis Lord is difficult.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh