HP+20 str+5 dex+5 vit+5
dbl atk. +2
crit.hit rate +3

Zahaks mail:
str+10 dex+10 evasion-20
crit.hit rate +3

basically its a question of
2% da vs str+5 and dex+5

I would guess inside abyssea with all the str and dex add from atma/abyssites, that the 2%da would come out dealing more dmg ?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-13 10:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not what you were asking for, but since the update, the latest numbers I've seen show Grim Cuirass beating Zahak's mail in all situations.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-13 10:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Not what you were asking for, but since the update, the latest numbers I've seen show Grim Cuirass beating Zahak's mail in all situations.

I believe I've seen numbers on this and with berserk up at least. Zahak's Mail wins all the way.

Edit: here it is.

Quote:
Caitsith.Ejin said:
General numbers for inside abyssea. You can tweak def and attack, but it generally comes out with the same results.

VV/RR/AoA, Red Curry Bun, 208STR, Berserk Up: 972 Attack, Berserk Down: 808 Attack, Maschu +2.

Raging Rush:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:684.265, Hachiryu:682.459, Grim +1:680.523, Perle:680.436.
Berserk Down: Grim +1:640.656, Grim:638.450, Hachiryu:634.419, Zahak's:631.930, Perle:630.293.

Ukko's Fury:
Berserk Up: Zahak's:781.274, Hachiryu:779.110, Grim +1:777.202, Perle:776.813
Berserk Down: Grim +1:725.334, Grim:722.958, Hachiryu:715.246, Zahak's:712.217, Perle:710.546.

Big thanks to Motenten for awesome spread sheet, which is where these numbers are coming from.

So
Berserk or stalwart's Up= Zahaks.
Attack buffs down= Grim Cuirass
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-13 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest numbers I have seen show that Abyss Cuirass is clearly best.

Edit: damnit you ninja edited real numbers and now my post is unfunny D:
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-13 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented Nuevo is probably between Grim+1 and Hachiryu?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-05-13 11:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Fenrir.Skarwind
can you do the spread sheet with this Nuevo coselets combo ?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-13 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Skar, I remember that spreadsheet, but it was made before this update right?

Altar is telling about tests made after the update

Bismarck.Altar said:

so it may actually be nice to know where these latest numbers come from and so on.

Assuming Grim has now surpassed Zahak, then it's likely that the new order of magnitude in WAR bodies is Grim HQ >Grim >Zahak >Nuevo >Perle
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-13 15:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Skar, I remember that spreadsheet, but it was made before this update right?

Altar is telling about tests made after the update

Bismarck.Altar said:

so it may actually be nice to know where these latest numbers come from and so on.

Are those new numbers including Sanguine Scythe/RR/AoA as a set up? Or just in general i wasn't sure.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-13 16:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Are those new numbers including Sanguine Scythe/RR/AoA as a set up? Or just in general i wasn't sure.

I don't know, I was simply pointing out the date on Ejin's spreadsheet in comparison to Altar's claim.

Seeing though how the most important update was the raise in Crit Hit Damage, I think we'll see some considerable difference between Berserk up/down builds.

For activities within Abyssea, in high buff situations we could see stuff such as cavaros mantle , newly augmented BH (I think the highest crit dmg update seen so far is 5%) come into play.

I'm wondering how calmecac trousers compare to ravager's cuisses +2. Even calmecac subligar could find its place somewhere in the mix.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-13 16:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Motenten's spreadsheet doesn't appear to account for Blood Rage but it doesn't change things by much, SS appears to win anyway. Ukko's having a higher base critrate than the listed value would push SS slightly ahead but either way it's a 1.5-2% difference. Also, given some comments a while back I'm not entirely sure it's properly accounting for regain. I'll look into that later tonight as it may impact atma choices. Anyway, using RR/AoA/SS Grim appears to win with Zerk up and down provided you're not capping pDIF.

This is with the most recent version of the spreadsheet. Somebody more interested in WAR math may want to verify.

EDIT: Trousers are junk for WAR WS. Subligar is fairly competitive with AF3+2 legs but shouldn't beat AF3+2 unless acc is relevant or attack is not relevant.

EDIT2: Nuevo is coming in a bit behind Zahak's.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-13 17:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, Night and Sheelay are right, was referring to choices after the update, which mean using RR/Apoc/SS.

I think properly augmented Bellicus Cuisses will beat Af3+2 Legs for Ukko's, but I could be wrong.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-13 18:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Ya, Night and Sheelay are right, was referring to choices after the update, which mean using RR/Apoc/SS.

I think properly augmented Bellicus Cuisses will beat Af3+2 Legs for Ukko's, but I could be wrong.

You're not wrong, crit and ws dmg +2% or more on Bellicus make them the best ws legs.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-13 18:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pain to get an ideal set though. I've done about 150-200 trades and best I've gotten is ws dmg +2% and some acc.