Dude knows his ***, check it out.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-01 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

If you egnore that I used the term 'Total magic accuracy' rather than percentage hit rate (my bad uses of terminology)

and go of the unstated assumption that you have +10INT over the mob and more than a 50% chance of landing the spell. (again my fault for not being clear enough)

Then we agree.

As for the potency thing, I already admitted that I used the wrong term to descripe what I was talking about.

yeh but u wont always have that much int

most HNM have about 110 int which is why the 320/120 idea was made, to give blms an idea of what they need to make sure they don't suck on any HNM

on any mob with low int if you cant get max hit rate thats sad most of the time, exception is stuff like sleeping imps.

this means for rdm mahatma slops > nashira legs on a lot of mobs
same for gleeman cape against altruistic

it means on kirin if anyone actually still kites it, mahatma body will beat af1 on it because of how retardedly high his int is

also means HQ staves are not > all for rdm, Alkalurops will beat it on a lot of mobs unless u already have a lot of int or mnd stacked on in the first place.

but it wont always beat it, it depends on your current hit rate, if its above 50% hq staff will always draw or beat it, if its below 50% Alkalurops will win

both cap out @ 30% hit rate
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 11:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Personally, I trust his findings more than anyone else's, mostly cause his makes the most sense lol

You mean kanican ? It's not slamm :< And been reading his research for long time already, i know he done lot of tests. (every decent mage knows that url also :<)
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-01 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

kanican = kaeko

not me lol
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika