The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You all seem to be forgetting the point I brought earlier. Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run. I came with the intention of getting x item, you are preventing me from getting x item due to taking 1hr to solo. That is another hour I will have to wait, regardless of what I am doing, to achieve my goal I had set for that online time. The point of all this, BST should not have -100% PDT to afk solo and waste 1hr of people's time (the people who refuse to team up.)

And it's killing you to wait until X monster is killed? If you're doing something else while waiting, that's not really wasting time. Sure, it's not what you had planned, but you're still doing something else online. And, you can come back another time.

Yes because I had came prepared to do X and instead I come to see a BST who refuses to team up and takes an hour to solo using broken tool to win.

The way I see it, it would take BST even longer to solo something without -100% PDT. Not to mention, they're using Jug Pets, which require spending gil to use. They would burn through jugs pets so much faster, costing more money, costing even more money (gil, whatever) to buy Pet Zetta snacks, taking up even more of your time in the long run. I'm sure you can come up with creative ways as to how.

You are assuming that beasts will still be able to do all of the Nms they currently can. I see this as doubtful. A lot of these will rage on the beasts if they take longer, so by all means, try to do it with only 50% PDT.

I don't see why they couldn't. Just throw jug pet after jug pet. -50% PDT does still help, I'm not saying it doesn't. But if you're so concerned about time, this would add maybe about en extra 10 minutes of soloing, maybe?

I dunno, my BST is like.. 25 or something.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-05-13 05:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to say it but Draylo makes a pretty good argument.

Everyone else it just sounds like they are saying they should be able to solo things and make everyone hate them because... they are doing it on a job that no one wants to invite or they don't have friends.

Smarten up guys, do what I did, level a useful job (BLM is fairly easy) and then get involved with other players and get the things you want for your solo job. In the time it took me to quest and solo 3 AF+1's on DNC I was able to get BLM from 34-90, gear it, and get full AF+1 for it as well as 10 or so random other pieces, and all I did was proc for people.

Learn to play your Massively Multiplayer Online game... with Multiple Players?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 05:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You all seem to be forgetting the point I brought earlier. Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run. I came with the intention of getting x item, you are preventing me from getting x item due to taking 1hr to solo. That is another hour I will have to wait, regardless of what I am doing, to achieve my goal I had set for that online time. The point of all this, BST should not have -100% PDT to afk solo and waste 1hr of people's time (the people who refuse to team up.)

And it's killing you to wait until X monster is killed? If you're doing something else while waiting, that's not really wasting time. Sure, it's not what you had planned, but you're still doing something else online. And, you can come back another time.

Yes because I had came prepared to do X and instead I come to see a BST who refuses to team up and takes an hour to solo using broken tool to win.

The way I see it, it would take BST even longer to solo something without -100% PDT. Not to mention, they're using Jug Pets, which require spending gil to use. They would burn through jugs pets so much faster, costing more money, costing even more money (gil, whatever) to buy Pet Zetta snacks, taking up even more of your time in the long run. I'm sure you can come up with creative ways as to how.

You are assuming that beasts will still be able to do all of the Nms they currently can. I see this as doubtful. A lot of these will rage on the beasts if they take longer, so by all means, try to do it with only 50% PDT.

I don't see why they couldn't. Just throw jug pet after jug pet. -50% PDT does still help, I'm not saying it doesn't. But if you're so concerned about time, this would add maybe about en extra 10 minutes of soloing, maybe?

The call pet has a recast timer. Some NMs would destroy the pet before you can heal/recall it.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
The whole point of this is, not BST soloing, the fact they are using a broken 100% -PDT to solo things w/o a care.

Then level BST, so you can do the same? Though I'm sure you're not so inconsiderate as to do such a silly thing like that. Or was it the procs you were concerned about?

Derp.

Or I could not suck and actually get the job done by not going BST? Also, in doing so not wasting other peoples time?

Shiva.Kollosis said:
Exactly what Aaralyn said. So go ahead and nerf pdt, i'll round up the bst friends and we will all use lvl 20 jug pets to make your miserable experiences inside abyssea even slower. By nerfing pdt all you're doing is making your current situation even worse.

Go for it, I bet you wipe without your precious exploit.

Wiping? In Abyssea? Then they'll just get back up and go at it. Gogo Apoc!
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 05:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Hate to say it but Draylo makes a pretty good argument.

Everyone else it just sounds like they are saying they should be able to solo things and make everyone hate them because... they are doing it on a job that no one wants to invite or they don't have friends.

Smarten up guys, do what I did, level a useful job (BLM is fairly easy) and then get involved with other players and get the things you want for your solo job. In the time it took me to quest and solo 3 AF+1's on DNC I was able to get BLM from 34-90, gear it, and get full AF+1 for it as well as 10 or so random other pieces, and all I did was proc for people.

Learn to play your Massively Multiplayer Online game... with Multiple Players?

I DO play with other players lol. Im not some douchebag that only gets stuff by soloing on bst. Im in an ls that gets ***done. Bst is just something i like to do in my free time, and if soloing NMs happens to be what i feel like doing then so be it.
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

The call pet has a recast timer. Some NMs would destroy the pet before you can heal/recall it.

NN has a crap tone of HP, I forget how much. Then with HP atma's, the -50% PDT, and healing food/temp items, I don't see how they could go wrong.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 05:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see the pet dying. Couple bad tp moves and a spell or two
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see the pet dying. Couple bad tp moves and a spell or two

BST's don't solo spell casting mobs as is, why would they then?

Pet isn't going to feed that much TP, so.. yeah. I still don't see it. Should be able to heal it before it does another.
[+]
By Kedamonah 2011-05-13 06:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not often set foot inside Abyssea without the right tools for the task at hand. Going in for seals or +2 stones, I make sure to have the bases covered. Nothing irritates me more than wasting my or anyone else's time in an area that has a time restriction. As an example, whenever I run my linkshell through Abyssea we have all weaknesses covered at all times because we are fans of efficiency. Do what you intend to do, get your loot and leave and in a timely manner. Case-in-point; The typical beastmaster soloing habits are a (|Backhand Blow|) to efficiency. There may be the few who actually help fight, but I haven't seen it myself. Apologies to those that do. This statement does not apply to you as you don't take nearly as long to finish a fight. What does apply is the fact that you cannot with any sense of reliability get weaknesses. During Slashing Blue, at best you have 20% chance of landing it. If you don't (even if you do and it does not drop) then not only did you take a long(er) time to fight it than the group waiting, but you will have to return to do so again. I didn't level ninja because I wanted to initially. I did it for linkshell efficiency. Now I have a great deal of fun with it. Perhaps you, too, would find a new calling if you step in another job's shoes. I do not wait for soloing folks to finish. As I said, I do not like to waste my time. I will wait if the fight looks to be drawing to a close and haven't the time to start a new project. You must understand that in the eyes of people who like to be efficient and quick about things, you are literally the polar opposite of their mindset. I am all for fun, and if it's fun continue. Just know that in a place where time is limited, you are wasting the time of decent people who wish to get in and get out of the way for the next team. Farming up extra time isn't a feasible alternative in many circumstances; for instance people who are trying to run a team who are on a schedule.

I apologize for the book. Did not intend to go on for so long.

Small Edit: I did not intend to target only the Beastmasters. This applies to any job who chooses to solo with little hope of success in getting whatever it is they wanted. Beastmasters were just the forefront of the topic being discussed, so I used them as an example.
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-13 06:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

okay then gimp rdms, nins, dncs to prevent them from soloing mobs which takes long time too >.>
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't believe this thread is still going get over it all you nay sayers with bad hair avatars and stfu your gonna just have to deal with it and when it gets nerfed us bst will deal with it then. And btw we will just drag it to the opsnpc and spam full pet hp restore...
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 06:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
Can't believe this thread is still going get over it all you nay sayers with bad hair avatars and stfu your gonna just have to deal with it and when it gets nerfed us bst will deal with it then. And btw we will just drag it to the opsnpc and spam full pet hp restore...

Then it gets stolen when it goes white, why do you fail so hard?
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo what monster takes a beast master an hour to kill? Because that's along time even solo..
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 06:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kedamonah said:
I do not often set foot inside Abyssea without the right tools for the task at hand. Going in for seals or +2 stones, I make sure to have the bases covered. Nothing irritates me more than wasting my or anyone else's time in an area that has a time restriction. As an example, whenever I run my linkshell through Abyssea we have all weaknesses covered at all times because we are fans of efficiency. Do what you intend to do, get your loot and leave and in a timely manner. Case-in-point; The typical beastmaster soloing habits are a (|Backhand Blow|) to efficiency. There may be the few who actually help fight, but I haven't seen it myself. Apologies to those that do. This statement does not apply to you as you don't take nearly as long to finish a fight. What does apply is the fact that you cannot with any sense of reliability get weaknesses. During Slashing Blue, at best you have 20% chance of landing it. If you don't (even if you do and it does not drop) then not only did you take a long(er) time to fight it than the group waiting, but you will have to return to do so again. I didn't level ninja because I wanted to initially. I did it for linkshell efficiency. Now I have a great deal of fun with it. Perhaps you, too, would find a new calling if you step in another job's shoes. I do not wait for soloing folks to finish. As I said, I do not like to waste my time. I will wait if the fight looks to be drawing to a close and haven't the time to start a new project. You must understand that in the eyes of people who like to be efficient and quick about things, you are literally the polar opposite of their mindset. I am all for fun, and if it's fun continue. Just know that in a place where time is limited, you are wasting the time of decent people who wish to get in and get out of the way for the next team. Farming up extra time isn't a feasible alternative in many circumstances; for instance people who are trying to run a team who are on a schedule.

I apologize for the book. Did not intend to go on for so long.

Daw, you have a Leon icon.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure half the reason abyssea is the way it is, is to be more solo/low-man friendly. That's my experience, anyway. The more TP spam the funner it is for me on WHM the more difficult the fight.

I dunno.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 06:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BST was doing it earlier today with Hedjedjet.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Valefor.Zolan said:

Then it gets stolen when it goes white, why do you fail so hard?

85 smn mule.... Even carby can last long enough for an item.
 Shiva.Samosa
user: Samosa
By Shiva.Samosa 2011-05-13 06:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the impression that people think BST can get 100% PDT right off the bat with atmas, when you need at least two 10% PDT axes and the hat with another 10% PDT from MKD. The atma then makes up the other 70%

Also BST can proc, as /WAR I can do 5 red procs and several blue ones, as /NIN I can do 2 red procs, a few blue and ninjitsu for yellow. It just takes some time to level your weapon skills up a bit.

The number of abyssea NM's we can solo is a bit limited, if the NM casts a lot of magic then we can't do it, simple as that. The only +2 item one I have solo'd so far is Crein Croin.

The LS I am in sometimes insists that I come BST, not only to help out with general damage but also as a back up tank if things fall over.

I believe generally if you offered to help a BST with a mob, they would accept, provided they could get the drops they wanted, if you moan that they are taking too long then they will take much longer, which sounds fair to me.

So stop QQing about it, BST has been waiting for something decent like this since the game began, if you think it is unfair, why not level BST and join us?
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a very good beast then, so your just grouping all beast together because of a bad one.. I'll remember to do that with all the horribly slow dancers. K thk.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Samosa said:
I get the impression that people think BST can get 100% PDT right off the bat with atmas, when you need at least two 10% PDT axes and the hat with another 10% PDT from MKD. The atma then makes up the other 70%

Also BST can proc, as /WAR I can do 5 red procs and several blue ones, as /NIN I can do 2 red procs, a few blue and ninjitsu for yellow. It just takes some time to level your weapon skills

I believe generally if you offered to help a BST with a mob, they would accept, provided they could get the drops they wanted, if you moan that they are taking too long then they will take much longer, which sounds fair to me.

So stop QQing about it, BST has been waiting for something decent like this since the game began, if you think it is unfair, why not level BST and join us?

You can rock 40% with gear btw so you can use rr still. But anyways I thought it was unfair for bst to get the 100% pdt and that's exactly what I did... Can't beat them join them and I'm glad I did, it's FASTER then rdm or dnc soloing..
By Kedamonah 2011-05-13 06:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aaralyn said:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure half the reason abyssea is the way it is, is to be more solo/low-man friendly. That's my experience, anyway. The more TP spam the funner it is for me on WHM the more difficult the fight.

I also believe this was the purpose of Abyssea. I came into Abyssea almost straight out of an HNM linkshell. Not needing a full alliance for everything we did was a blessing. Though I do regret a little how the most efficient way to fight in Abyssea became "bring a tank with subtle blow and other teammates for weaknesses. After the weaknesses, let the tank finish the job alone or there will be problems." I can't deny having most of the fun, being the tank. I always feel bad on lengthy fights like Dragua where no one does anything after the weaknesses are hit.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 06:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Samosa said:

Also BST can proc, as /WAR I can do 5 red procs and several blue ones, as /NIN I can do 2 red procs, a few blue and ninjitsu for yellow. It just takes some time to level your weapon skills up a bit.

The number of abyssea NM's we can solo is a bit limited, if the NM casts a lot of magic then we can't do it, simple as that. The only +2 item one I have solo'd so far is Crein Croin.

The LS I am in sometimes insists that I come BST, not only to help out with general damage but also as a back up tank if things fall over.

Why the hell would I gimp myself by becoming a bst and take a lot longer to do anything without any procs?...lol

Empyrean monk >>>>>>>>> bst
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 06:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kedamonah said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

I also believe this was the purpose of Abyssea. I came into Abyssea almost straight out of an HNM linkshell. Not needing a full alliance for everything we did was a blessing. Though I do regret a little how the most efficient way to fight in Abyssea became "bring a tank with subtle blow and other teammates for weaknesses. After the weaknesses, let the tank finish the job alone or there will be problems." I can't deny having most of the fun, being the tank. I always feel bad on lengthy fights like Dragua where no one does anything after the weaknesses are hit.

For Dragua, after weaknesses, group up and rotate fanatics powders. You will all be immune to the physical stuff, and he will die a LOT quicker.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 06:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kedamonah said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

We normally have one or two other people DDing lightly. That might be cause I complain about stuff being too boring otherwise to the leader. lol With just a tank it's just curing and hasting for the most part. I guess I could cast Auspice either way, but no need to really with just one person on it.
 Shiva.Samosa
user: Samosa
By Shiva.Samosa 2011-05-13 06:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Samosa said:

Why the hell would I gimp myself by becoming a bst and take a lot longer to do anything without any procs?...lol

And how many procs do you have as MNK?
By Kedamonah 2011-05-13 06:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For Dragua, after weaknesses, group up and rotate fanatics powders. You will all be immune to the physical stuff, and he will die a LOT quicker.

I'm aware, regardless it's still good advice. If you are fighting him several times in succession you don't have that as an option every time though.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 06:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol mnks a great job in abyssea I'll never say its not. But you have proved to be obtuse, and at this point a troll who can not be taking serious.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 06:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kedamonah said:

I'm aware, regardless it's still good advice. If you are fighting him several times in succession you don't have that as an option every time though.

he drops fanatic's powder to everyone in ally 100% drop rate.
By Kedamonah 2011-05-13 06:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

he drops fanatic's powder to everyone in ally 100% drop rate.

I never actually had been the one to use mine, so I wasn't privvy to the rate of the drop. Thank you for the information. Should prove quite useful indeed.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 06:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Samosa said:
Shiva.Samosa said:

And how many procs do you have as MNK?

He was saying go beast to solo a mob? Monk does it a LOT faster. If i'm trying to proc red? I go ninja. Mnk/nin if i'm just worried about kill and yellow...mules can do yellow.

As for true solo's without mules? I'd rather not waste my time...Easier to shout in PJ for a couple people and offer the alternate drops of whatever i'm killing. Not hard to get people, instead of being emo and soloing with super low chances of accomplishing anything, except waste your and other's time
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9