Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 22:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:
~Warning~
This video contains footage of a blind man. However, he is doing something relatively amazing for a blind man, and therefore (in my opinion) deserves props. In no way is this meant to be offensive, but if it is taken as such (or my sarcasm is) and my account is banned, let it be written on my grave that I bore no ill will.

Leviathan.Veratos
Server: Leviathan
user: Veratos
By Leviathan.Veratos 2011-05-09 22:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-09 22:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaizen said:
That was pretty win.
 Lakshmi.Jaizen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaisen
By Lakshmi.Jaizen 2011-05-09 22:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOIy6QEbes

this is great! even if you dont like em.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaizen
By Lakshmi.Jaizen 2011-05-09 22:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

couldnt figure out how to make it show on forum. sorry lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 22:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaizen said:
couldnt figure out how to make it show on forum. sorry lol

ftfy. quote me and look at the text before posting if you want to see how it's done
 Lakshmi.Jaizen
By Lakshmi.Jaizen 2011-05-09 22:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks bro!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-05-09 22:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaizen said:
thanks bro!

All the stuff is right under the post box, under "sample BBCode". That should help with anything you need in the future.
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2011-05-09 22:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-05-09 23:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:
~Warning~
This video contains footage of a blind man. However, he is doing something relatively amazing for a blind man, and therefore (in my opinion) deserves props. In no way is this meant to be offensive, but if it is taken as such (or my sarcasm is) and my account is banned, let it be written on my grave that I bore no ill will.

youtube quote: "The most impressive aspect of this isn't the fact that he's blind, it's the fact that Navi actually serves a purpose."

you dont realize how important sounds effects can be D: until you watch something like this.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-05-09 23:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs a Li's Comic.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-05-09 23:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 01:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Your post will be moderated shortly, it has an offensive word in it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-10 01:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-10 01:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

:/
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2011-05-10 01:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you deleted the entire post instead of just the image.

So dissent is also not allowed? Is this a rule, or just your personal M.O.?

edit: this one also made me lol.

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It had the F word in it, guessing that's why. Dissent isn't allowed much either from what I have seen, people have been banned just for stating their opinions.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 02:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Might as well rename the thread to "Pics that make you LOL (no pics with text)"

I've came to the conclusion that about 90% of pics that are lol and have text involve profanity, in some form or another.

EDIT: Well I'd just like to take the time to say it's been good, I have serious doubts about whether this thread will ever really recover.. With the strictness of the new rules, it's really hard to imagine that it will ever find it's place here. I mean, even when the rules weren't strict, there were still people violating the very few rules it did have..

And I mean come on, by Krizz's own admission, the old LOL thread had at least an infraction on it per page, that should really tell you something about the thread..

Not to mention it seems the few people who had put work into the old one, have lost interest in making a new one. I've been watching what's been unfolding all day biting my nails, because I really enjoyed the thread, but it's becoming more clear to me there's no hope.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2011-05-10 02:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It had the F word in it, guessing that's why. Dissent isn't allowed much either from what I have seen, people have been banned just for stating their opinions.
There is no rule against profanity, so as far as I can see there is no reason to delete posts based on the presence of the word '***'. The only statement I see in this regard in the new rules is that at some point in the future there will be a filter in place.

Someone's just gone mad with power and would rather delete posts and ban people than deal with the issue in a rational manner.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 02:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I thought profanity was against the rules. I dunno, its become so strict I thought it was a child's environment type deal. The mod that's doing it is Krizz apparently.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I removed it. If you post a pic and wonder if it's ok. Then it could get reported.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik and Krizz have both said on multiple occasions that any profanity in images is subject to moderation. I don't see it on the front page, maybe it should be, but they've made it clear several other times. Some of us have suggested methods for screening images, but afaik they're not being considered at this time.

Also from what I've gathered profanity is ok as long as it's limited and in text or in a youtube video. Pictures and other videos are subject to stricter moderation.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2011-05-10 02:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
I removed it. If you post a pic and wonder if it's ok. Then it could get reported.
So? That's what the button is there for, right? Are you and the mod team under such pressure that the mere possibility that someone might click a certain link on your site triggers an entire post to be deleted? Is the link not there to be clicked?

Take a step back and tell me, honestly, that this has not gotten ridiculous.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 02:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Jaerik and Krizz have both said on multiple occasions that any profanity in images is subject to moderation. I don't see it on the front page, maybe it should be, but they've made it clear several other times. Some of us have suggested methods for screening images, but afaik they're not being considered at this time.

Also from what I've gathered profanity is ok as long as it's limited and in text or in a youtube video. Pictures and other videos are subject to stricter moderation.
That would probably because there's no reliable way to verify age over the internet. I mean some sites use credit cards to 'verify age' (but that doesn't really verify anything) but that opens a whole new door of hurdles to overcome..

Simple fact is, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible to verify age on the net.

You could just make everyone click 'agree' and state they aren't underage and for the most part absolve yourself of responsibility if 'something' did happen, but that's not why the rules were put in place to begin with.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's ridiculous. You don't think when I found out Adsense cut me off for some bad words, when I see it everywhere on their properties and other forums, that I wasn't alittle frustrated.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-05-10 02:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest to god inquiry here. How can you allow images of half naked people based on the "Television standard" but not do the same for profanity? That's just inconsistent. Damn, piss, hell, ***, *** are all used countless times on standard American Television but here they're considered too vulgar? Really?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 1166 1167 1168