Ukko's Vs Tachi: Fudo
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 03:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see the variety of damage across the servers, screenshots would be nice also. I'd also like to take a look at the different ws sets that made it happen.

"Brews No Thanks"
By BorealisV2 2011-05-09 03:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's > Fudo
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-05-09 03:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i honestly cant answer that, i have access to neither of those, but would point out if your going for one of the 2 weapons that might want to keep in mind outside of abby for up incoming updates...chances are w/o atmas sam is gonna turn into the top DD again or close and fudo will probably out do ukko's more often, just a educated guess tho my war is 50 so its hard to call but going by ws mods and such fudo will probably slaughter ukko's out of abby
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-09 03:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said:
i honestly cant answer that, i have access to neither of those, but would point out if your going for one of the 2 weapons that might want to keep in mind outside of abby for up incoming updates...chances are w/o atmas sam is gonna turn into the top DD again or close and fudo will probably out do ukko's more often, just a educated guess tho my war is 50 so its hard to call but going by ws mods and such fudo will probably slaughter ukko's out of abby

Their dmg is very similar outside of abyssea actually, idk which one that avarage out better tho
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-09 03:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo does more damage outside of abyssea. Who cares inside abyssea.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-05-09 03:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wow that impresses me actually, lol like i said i have no clue but ws modifiers kinda make fudo look like a god ws compared to most all of the others
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-09 03:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said:
wow that impresses me actually, lol like i said i have no clue but ws modifiers kinda make fudo look like a god ws compared to most all of the others

Vs Ukko there's a 0.65ftp difference, but Ukko can crit.
So yeah I guess, unless dDex is capped, which should be pretty easy vs most content outside at the moment, Fudo should win.
But, I'm not a very mathy-person so dont take this as facts.
By BorealisV2 2011-05-09 03:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo is nothing special, Ukko's destroys it inside Abyssea due to the nature of crits. Outside they are comparable, although the spikes on Ukko's can be impressive.

Also, Ukko's looks/sounds better.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-09 03:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I beg to differ.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-09 03:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I beg to differ.

Would you like a cookie for that?
[+]
By Ashaaman 2011-05-09 03:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's animation is too damn long imo..

Damage wise, inside abyssea Ukko's is very powerful. It has the edge over Fudo due to crits... Outside of Abyssea, with current content, Ukko's can still be pushed to force crit w/ dDEX, but yea, fudo makes up a lot of ground. It's still a toss up though as to which DD is better outside, going to depend on how SE handles new content.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-09 03:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I beg to differ.

Would you like a cookie for that?

[+]
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-09 03:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, since when were samurai the best DD?

A damn well geared warrior will outparse the samurai.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-09 03:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR just has a lot more natural DDing capabilities, I have no trouble believing Ukko's remains a head outside.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-09 03:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, ukko's > Fudo. In every situation. But also, Drakesbane > Fudo too. :D
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-09 04:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's has higher maximum damage, Fudo is more consistent, not having to rely on a crit, though has it's own drawback of being more likely to miss entirely than a 2 hit.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-05-09 04:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most relevant post I can recall.

The parse is dated October 24th, so the level cap was 85 at the time, and it was taken in a T2 Einherjar chamber. Buffs aren't listed, gear is not shown, and the variety of monsters are not noted, so it is by no means a definitive answer. However, it somewhat shows that Tachi: Fudo and Ukko's Fury are comparatively close outside of Abyssea, and there's even someone using Torcleaver to compare to as well.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-05-09 06:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ukko's has higher maximum damage, Fudo is more consistent, not having to rely on a crit, though has it's own drawback of being more likely to miss entirely than a 2 hit.
Pretty much this^

Looking at fudo averaging higher than 3.81 ftp esp with the earring, while ukko averaging around 3.55ftp. Fudo sam has more str in gear over war(probably 20-30 more str, thats 10-15wsc more). Fudo sam also gets 19% ws dmg increase, although having DDs spread around the mob could hurt your ws average if the mob isnt facing you during ws.

What ukko has going for it is that it can crit, has bloodrage but thats only up 20% of the time, and it has restraint, which is only up 50% of the time.

Like Darka said, Ukko has a better spike damage but Fudo has more consistant damage.
[+]
 Unicorn.Strigoi
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Strigoi 2011-05-09 07:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

HAHAHAHAHA don't make me laugh. All I ever see inside and outside of abyssea is Ukko war's tearing the ***out of fudo sams. Hence why I started making a Ukon but been busy with other stuff to finish it atm.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-09 07:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:
I'm sorry, since when were samurai the best DD?

A damn well geared warrior will outparse the samurai.
Since when a job is the best DD in the game (outside pure maths removing all doubts)? I thought it was all based on if the player is good or not and if the gear is following, or not. Also, the SAM is allowed to be well geared, too.

Inb4 FFXI no skill/brain etc.

The right answer has been said many times:

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Like Darka said, Ukko has a better spike damage but Fudo has more consistant damage.

Anyone saying "Ukko's > Fudo period, lol" is pretty much as smart as a guy comparing Grant and Rock Howard's worth in Garou.
By BorealisV2 2011-05-09 07:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jelly mad.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-09 07:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Strigoi said:
HAHAHAHAHA don't make me laugh. All I ever see inside and outside of abyssea is Ukko war's tearing the ***out of fudo sams. Hence why I started making a Ukon but been busy with other stuff to finish it atm.

That's a vested interest.... Fudo would naturally scale better without RR and the massive dex you get inside abysssea. If you really saw it being THAT much of a one-sided race you were watching people fight EP, OR you just read 1000 people on bandwagonhouse forums saying UKKOS IS DA BETTER and assumed that meant outside abyssea too.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-09 08:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have no problem believing a properly equipped Fudo SAM could beat a properl equipped Ukon WAR outside of Abyssea.

Inside Aby though there's no fair match.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-09 08:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Inside Abyssea yes, I really see no hope when I play SAM and there is a "good" Ukon WAR. Outside Abyssea it's not as impresive, especially when the gear choices are not backed up by atmas.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-09 08:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR is squishy.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-09 08:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Strigoi said:

typical clueless response from someone who bothered to try and create apocalypse

anyways, even outside with no razed ruins, ukko's fury can and will spike higher than fudo, but in the end fudo offers a much more reliable weapon skill average, which when pairing each against one-another, honestly as it stands currently, if you've got one, don't bother with the other as far as strictly outside abyssea goes, they're that close, but to be precise, i'm almost positive fudo will outmatch ukko's fury in the long run, though just barely

i've mentioned it before, but once again, samurai's lost a ton of ground over the course of this year thanks to mediocre increases for the job (primarily job abilities and traits, though gear as well to an exent) compared to warrior, or even monk

perhaps this will change by ninety-nine, but for now, seeing how you (original poster) happen to have ukonvasara already, i highly recommend not investing your time in building a masamune just yet, since as stated, they're practically neck and neck outside

on an outgoing note, i had a brainwave the other day: imagine if they gave samurai access to gandiva :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:

your tp set is confused, but so is your statement by-extension, so i digress
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-05-09 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Unicorn.Strigoi said:

typical clueless response from someone who bothered to try and create apocalypse

anyways, even outside with no razed ruins, ukko's fury can and will spike higher than fudo, but in the end fudo offers a much more reliable weapon skill average, which when pairing each against one-another, honestly as it stands currently, if you've got one, don't bother with the other as far as strictly outside abyssea goes, they're that close, but to be precise, i'm almost positive fudo will outmatch ukko's fury in the long run, though just barely

i've mentioned it before, but once again, samurai's lost a ton of ground over the course of this year thanks to mediocre increases for the job (primarily job abilities and traits, though gear as well to an exent) compared to warrior, or even monk

perhaps this will change by ninety-nine, but for now, seeing how you (original poster) happen to have ukonvasara already, i highly recommend not investing your time in building a masamune just yet, since as stated, they're practically neck and neck outside

on an outgoing note, i had a brainwave the other day: imagine if they gave samurai access to gandiva :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:

your tp set is confused, but so is your statement by-extension, so i digress

torcleaver ok?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-09 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the offer, BUT I'LL HAVE TO PASS

though it'll be a lot more acceptable to bring drk along and around after today :D:D:D:D::D
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-05-09 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

telling you, gonna gear that ***and have cala and the world will know the presence of

TOR

CLEAVER

just realized visual kinship will diminish if i do so, sadnow
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 09:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate all the opinions but... Is anyone going to actually post anything relevant to the actual thread? All I asked for is actual screen shot if possible so I... better yet "we" can get a visual if not that's cool.
First Page 2 3