Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninjutsu Skill up
Ninjutsu Skill up
 Leviathan.Kajii
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-30 16:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a pretty rough time skilling this thing. I got it up to 200 on crabs in lower Tree and was told spamming elemental wheel on Abby mobs would be fast at that point, but I just wasted two stack and only got about 10 levels.

What I'm wondering is if I should just find mobs that I'd be using 210 Ninjutsu on spam wheel on them or just upper Tree crabs?
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-30 16:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I skilled up in besieged. Just buy the cheapest kinda and spam it.

This was a while back though.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-30 16:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With your skill level you should be getting skillups np.

Are you using any Ninjutsu skill + or Magic Acc + gear ? It would help you land your spells more consistantly.
Outside of Abyssea you could still go against Steelshells and expect skillups. If you go for skillups outside of Abyssea I'd suggest checking the Moogle powers that are currently up.

For skillups inside Abyssea you have a greater freedom of choice and could always put some Macc/Mab Atmas up and nuke exp mobs. It works quite nicely and the damage isn't bad at all, with nukes in the range of 1K.

Hope this helps
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-30 16:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not using any Ninjutsu or Magic gear/atmas, just figured spamming it would work. I'm just spamming elemental wheel so idk if I need help landing those since they always do damage... higher damage = skill ups? Really new to this.

Could you elaborate on the Moogle powers?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-04-30 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage makes no difference, if it hits it always gives a chance to skillup, regardless of how much it resists for.

After skilling up in tree, I skilled up in abyssea, using regen atma to stay alive as NIN/RDM for fast cast.
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-30 17:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What level did you leave tree?
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-30 17:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only sure-fire way I've discovered to skillup ninjutsu is to just do a bunch of ***with your ninja. Probably took me about two weeks to go from 300>cap while doing stuff on my ninja 5-6 hours a day.

If you really want to skill it up there are a couple of unique choices:
-Crabs in Mount Zhayolm are 88-89 and should allow you to cap at 90 after the update that lets you cap with DC's.
-Birds in mis-coast (I don't think Martial Master works on magic, but these are ridiculously easy to get to).
-Technically, the upper tree crabs should get you to 250-260.

With cruor buffs you should be able to land hojo/kurayami on all normal mobs in abyssea at whatever the ninjutsu cap is at 75. This is from personal experience. If this is still the case, you'll get nice .3-.5's for awhile.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-03 11:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have thought 200 would have been a great time to move to Abyssea.

I haven't spent the time to really skill my Ninjitsu yet it just goes up as I take out my NIN to play with. 99% of the time I'm on my WHM so I don't really get the chance to, when I am on my NIN I'm soloing usually for a quest or working on lottery NMs for Kannagi
 Leviathan.Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-05-03 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone else skilling up Ninjutsu I suggest you check out Ovni once you get it around 300. Just spam elemental wheel on it and don't even engage, you'll get a TON of skill ups on it. Got slow for me around 332.

You find out cool stuff when you're bored in zones with extra time to burn. :)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-05-07 16:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

just spam the Ni wheel on NMs at start of fights. Helps your group find Yellow weakness and skillups come.

Also, i just capped my nin skill the other night. got .4 off of a Utsusemi casting, lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Chaosbringer
Server: Shiva
user: Agent11d7
By Shiva.Chaosbringer 2011-07-20 16:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having a hard time skilling up ninjutsu at 362+. Doing worm in La theine that show up from easy prey to even match. Very slow skill ups even using food for skill ups.

Anybody have any locations or tips on what to level on.
Thank you
By Zeyphr 2011-07-20 16:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mines capped @ 370 (fully merritted too) so your not that far off. I'd prob go to the hero zones since there level there is a tad bit higher than previous aby zones. I think i capped mine on random NM's for +2 and empy items with my ls, a few skill ups here and there. But if your grinding i'd probobly try Spectators in uleg, i see a lot of people there, esp on NIN
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-07-20 16:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 300+ on dolls at dominion ops in abyssea altep. Id suggest using that new food for skillups, i think one of them is for offensive magic and the other is for self targetting magic skillups. Not a 100% confirmation yet though. Get atmas apoc, ultimate, and uhh, i think the one from pw for best results... Youll do half the dmg to dolls and you wont have to move much. Just nuke as the puller brings them in... It was a gravy thing to skill
By Zeyphr 2011-07-20 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its not that hard, infact if you dont even try you'll cap it without realizing, its how i got mine lol. But if your 100% sure on capping it today then your best bet is hero zones and chosing a dom op mob like Washburn said, eat some of the skill up food and you'll be done in no time
 Shiva.Chaosbringer
Server: Shiva
user: Agent11d7
By Shiva.Chaosbringer 2011-07-20 16:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a skill up food for magic? What is it called?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-20 16:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

One of them is called Stuffed Pitaru
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-20 16:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Chaosbringer said:
I am having a hard time skilling up ninjutsu at 362+. Doing worm in La theine that show up from easy prey to even match. Very slow skill ups even using food for skill ups.

Anybody have any locations or tips on what to level on.
Thank you

Shiva.Chaosbringer said:
There is a skill up food for magic? What is it called?

Umm... whaaaa?
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-07-20 17:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

poultry pitaru is for offensive magic n
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-07-20 18:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, you arent to far from cap. i actually got a lot of skillups in abyssea-attohwa, proccing yellow. i capped skill casting Utsusemi