users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Half Life
Half Life
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-28 07:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently played through Half Life 2, Episode 1 & 2, as well as Lost Coast, during a week and a half off of work. Got Orange box back in the day for Portal & TF2, and always wanted to try the other games that came with it, and seeing how it was 5-10 bucks more so I nabbed em all. After playing through 2, I'm really interested in playing the original Half Life, but have heard next to nothing about it, at least from the friends who talked about HL2 all the time.

Anyone have experience with HL and think it was a good game? Wanted to get a few opinions before I drop some money on it, without looking it up and spoiling it on accident (though I kinda know bits and pieces about it from HL2 references) @_@;;
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-04-28 07:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its good, a little dated now and graphically it might make you wince a little bit but the AI is still ok.

HL2 Follows straight on from it so you will be playing the original black mesa (sp?) breakout and "accident".

My Dad got stuck on the giant fan and I refused to tell him the amusing solution, GL if you get it :)
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-04-28 13:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely play through Half-Life. It's a classic and just as good as HL2. I'd also recommend playing Half-Life: Opposing Force as well.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-04-28 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a lot of patience, and buy half life 2 for pc then google black mesa Source (half-life mod for half-life 2). You could also just get steam and buy half life 1 for like 4-10$. Great game, story doesnt go in depth like it does in half-life 2 with all the other characters n what not tho. Still, it's fun to play.