Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Socom 4
Socom 4
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-25 17:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know PSN has been down but anyone here plan on playing Socom 4 once they come back up (I think tomorrow)

I've been a hardcore socom fan since s2 introduced me to competitive gaming. I thought I had given up on the series since I didn't like s3 or s:CA and socom:conf was pretty meh even though I put time into the game. I think what gave me faith was the fact that zipper had nothing to do with s:conf and that M.A.G. although a niche game was pretty nice mechanics and in game experience. Even still I had many doubts about the game but when I played the beta my faith was restored. Now keep in mind it's not a "Socom" game, but it's still pretty nice. People holding on to the old s2 ***will never be happy and even though I would LOVE for a s2 HD game it just seems so like it will never happen (vote here for Socom 2 HD) This game might not be like the old socoms but it brings Zipper back into the competitive gaming world in the newgen console era.

Anyone here from gamebattles community either active in the past or currently active?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-25 17:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you blocked me but as far as I'm aware Sony is "working as fast as they can to restore service." There has been no official date that they said it will be up by.

I'll take a look at socom when I feel the need to buy a ps3 fps. Killzone was a bit of a letdown.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-25 17:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone interested in seeing some in game footage from the private beta here's a shotgun montage my clanmate made was featured on kotaku

I'll need to ask him if he has one with ARs/SMGs I think he was just messing around to show people shottys and snipers.