New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue Mage soloing
Blue Mage soloing
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 05:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Regurgiation: 69 MP Casting time: 5 seconds Recast time: 24 seconds BLU average idle refresh: 7-9/tic (9 tics to get enough MP for 1 Regurgitation, or 27 seconds. 3 seconds more than the recast time of Regurgitation before fast cast) Average damage: 600-800 Blizzard IV: 164 MP Casting time: 8.25 seconds Recast time: 36 seconds RDM average idle refresh: 10-11/tic (15 tics to get enough MP for 1 Blizzard IV, or 45 seconds. 9 seconds more than the recast on Blizzard IV before fast cast) Average damage: 800-1000 Equal or slightly different efficiency. This is before taking into account BLU's newer, higher tier nukes and other duties while kiting. Regurgitation will be safer to cast than Blizzard IV, possibly alleviating shadow recast downtime. Scratch that, after looking at it again Regurgitation should prove to be superior. The 12 second differences in recast in Regurg's favor closes the gap in damage and overtakes Blizzard IV over time.

Not taking into account blizzard III in the down time of IV and convert for MP back
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 05:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also not taking into account Magic Hammer OR MP Drainkiss. Blizzard III on the downtime of Blizzard IV would only increase the RDM's MP debt, how does that help?
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't use it too often, only when feeling MP is safe, generally w/ vert up.

As for you saying I don't grasp PDT not affecting magical spells, I was refering to BLU not being able to spell-spam too much as a result of the PDT (Phys spells, that is)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

But... you don't even need the physical spells. :\

MP Drainkiss and Magic Hammer can be used 2-3 times each every convert cycle. It's almost comparable, and enough to sustain a BLU's MP.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts exactly. If BLU could do it faster at 75, it can more than certainly do it faster now.

Where is your steady RDM damage coming from besides Blizzard, Bio and Poison? I'm curious what spells yours knows that mine doesn't.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-07 06:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Regurgiation: 69 MP
Casting time: 5 seconds
Recast time: 24 seconds
BLU average idle refresh: 7-9/tic
(9 tics to get enough MP for 1 Regurgitation, or 27 seconds. 3 seconds more than the recast time of Regurgitation before fast cast)
Average damage: 600-800

Blizzard IV: 164 MP
Casting time: 8.25 seconds
Recast time: 36 seconds
RDM average idle refresh: 10-11/tic
(15 tics to get enough MP for 1 Blizzard IV, or 45 seconds. 9 seconds more than the recast on Blizzard IV before fast cast)
Average damage: 800-1000

Equal or slightly different efficiency. This is before taking into account BLU's newer, higher tier nukes and other duties while kiting. Regurgitation will be safer to cast than Blizzard IV, possibly alleviating shadow recast downtime.

Scratch that, after looking at it again Regurgitation should prove to be superior. The 12 second differences in recast in Regurg's favor closes the gap in damage and overtakes Blizzard IV over time.

Edit@ Your edit: What part of PDT doesn't affect magical damage do you not grasp? :\

Bliz4 does closer to 1.4k with a proper nuke set.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

W/e ya wanna think breh, as for bliz IV doing 800-1000, lol, may wanna revise that, and doing those reguirg in "average" gear is a doubt.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-07 06:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I dont think I'd wanna do fort without a thf >_>
Farming pops is boring as hell and takes forever, and buying a popset cheap is around 300k.
I went 1\4 on fort now with th8-10 on all of them
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz, seriously, it's painfully clear that you have no idea what both can do on this NM and you're basing your claims on RDM experience alone. I have done it on both, my RDM and BLU are similarly geared as above average to well above average. My BLU is consistently faster, whether I kite it or straight tank it. I pity a BLU that can't do 6-800 regurgitations in average gear.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz, seriously, it's painfully clear that you have no idea what both can do on this NM and you're basing your claims on RDM experience alone. I have done it on both, my RDM and BLU are similarly geared as above average to well above average. My BLU is consistently faster, whether I kite it or straight tank it. I pity a BLU that can't do 6-800 regurgitations in average gear.

lolz, also, it's of no fair comparison with your nuke gears chief, no varuna or even morrigans?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything my BLU's nuking gear is weaker than my RDM's.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 body lol, thank you come again
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So you've run out of credible evidence and are now trolling my item sets? You're pathetic.
[+]
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, it's not pathetic, Ironguy does it and apparently ppl respect him like their dad, not to mention suck his penis but yaaaaaaaaaaaa'know
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-07 06:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Bliz4 does closer to 1.4k with a proper nuke set.
This, probably even higher, depending if it actually has any -mdt/mdb traits which being a pld type it should not, and Ive never encountered any low damage from the spheres. 1400 is np if his int is like 90, which it probably is not aswell.

Either way should probably consider what Prothescar is saying, he looks to be a well knowledged player when it comes to how blue works.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Ironguy have to do with this at all? You're clutching at straws because your argument is weak. There is no reason that a RDM should be killing Jailer of Fortitude faster than a BLU.

I'll admit that I underestimated RDM's nuke damage, however the gap is still in BLU's favor.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

not if you compare your ***RDM to your blu, which I'll assume has decent gear, since your oh so fond of blu
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to have tunnel vision on two slots, I suggest an optometrist.

Your idiocy is flourishing, and it's making me bored with this. Arguing with an imbecile is pointless, you can't sway them and you can't make them see that they're wrong.
 Leviathan.Narshe
Server: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-09-07 06:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to get really serious about BLU and I was wondering what the best augments on the ACP, AMK, ASA armor would be for blu? or should I just focus on AF3? I could probably get the expansion gear faster than AF3 tbh..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hat is debatable, but I would argue Fast Cast+EVA for body, Cure potency+PDT for legs.
[+]
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 06:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What a cliche thing to say, people always spew the "your so stupid no point arguing coz your so stupid blah blah blah" card when they lose.

Son, I am disappoint.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-07 06:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Narshe said: »
Starting to get really serious about BLU and I was wondering what the best augments on the ACP, AMK, ASA armor would be for blu? or should I just focus on AF3? I could probably get the expansion gear faster than AF3 tbh..
Cure potency and PDT on legs if you truly have no use for any other job
Evasion and Dual Wield on body for soloing if you're into that sort of thing, or fast cast + eva
Crit hit damage +2 WS damage +2 head for CDC for when you should be getting almace
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 06:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
What a cliche thing to say, people always spew the "your so stupid no point arguing coz your so stupid blah blah blah" card when they lose.

Son, I am disappoint.

It doesn't lose merit when it's 100% true.
 Leviathan.Narshe
Server: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-09-07 06:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good, thanks! And yeah, working on Almace slowly when I get free time.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-07 06:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do note the af3 is amazing though, so please don't neglect it
Everytime I see a blu using aurore or af1 full time a kitten dies, I'm sure of it

okbbl~
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-07 06:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
people always spew the "your so stupid no point arguing coz your so stupid blah blah blah" card when they lose.
I haven't followed this particular discussion, but this statement is false.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-09-07 07:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about fortitude lol

I been doing him lately, on my first try i was on thf with a whm mule and couln't deagro the adds with flee and trotters lol
Been running around all the garden and neither JoF neither the adds deagroe'd, ended tanking all 3 at same time and killing all 3, was a pain in the *** but at least got my torque on the 1st try as thf.

Did SE change something or that one was just gliched or something?
I was actually being able to deagro them easily w/o gravity on rdm back at 75 so idk what happened.

Melee dmg is still lol thf does 0-1 dmg per normal hit and 20-30 per evis/DE, all the damage comes from aeolian edge.
I doubt that blu physical spells do much more than that, magic dmg is the key.

Between rdm and blu, imo, the difference between them is that blu can get enought evasion to don't get hit much, and rdm can't.
So at the end, all the down time recasting shadows/stoneskin will favor blu in speed.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 07:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »
Talking about fortitude lol I been doing him lately, on my first try i was on thf with a whm mule and couln't deagro the adds with flee and trotters lol Been running around all the garden and neither JoF neither the adds deagroe'd, ended tanking all 3 at same time and killing all 3, was a pain in the *** but at least got my torque on the 1st try as thf. Did SE change something or that one was just gliched or something? I was actually being able to deagro them easily w/o gravity on rdm back at 75 so idk what happened. Melee dmg is still lol thf does 0-1 dmg per normal hit and 20-30 per evis/DE, all the damage comes from aeolian edge. I doubt that blu physical spells do much more than that, magic dmg is the key. Between rdm and blu, imo, the difference between them is that blu can get enought evasion to don't get hit much, and rdm can't. So at the end, all the down time recasting shadows/stoneskin will favor blu in speed.

>implying straight-tank is the only way to go.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 07:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way to go? Nope. Fastest way? Absolutely.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17