Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-28 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It is, it's "Saber"

And Runic Anelace is the "Anelace" right?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-28 21:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-28 21:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something special I have to do to "activate" the appearance change? Because apparently just replacing the dat didnt work.

Yes, I used AltanaViewer to find the exact dat :P

Pardon the noob question but this is the first time I've ever been interested in dat modding anything at all. The one is just too awesome.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-28 21:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Log out and back in.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-28 21:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Log out and back in.

Did twice~ :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-07-28 21:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Works like a charm. Make sure to change both Main and Sub dats. I only did sub the first time and it didn't work but after changing both it did.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-28 21:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sey said:
Works like a charm. Make sure to change both Main and Sub dats. I only did sub the first time and it didn't work but after changing both it did.

Ooooh. I only did sub xD
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-07 02:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mission 44 soloed.

Rahbaun was fairly easy with Occultation up (Which surprisingly has a chance to absorb Eyes on Me unlike Utsusemi) Tanked with an Evasion build, took down Razfahd with QC and GR, and then zerged Alex to 50% where he 2hr'd and I zombie'd the rest. Got my Balrahn's Ring finally :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-07 19:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So since a bunch of my friends are on 14 now, I probably wont be getting help for WotG, so I'm considering documenting the Windurst path of fights as a BLU. This is assuming I can even start where I left off :|

I was having an issue with continuing A Long March North, so I contacted a GM and he had me tell him some info on my computer, info on when I started it etc, and told me that I should receive a response; but alas, it's been about 2-3 weeks now and no response. Hopefully I can get this started though ._.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-07 19:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
So since a bunch of my friends are on 14 now, I probably wont be getting help for WotG, so I'm considering documenting the Windurst path of fights as a BLU. This is assuming I can even start where I left off :|

I was having an issue with continuing A Long March North, so I contacted a GM and he had me tell him some info on my computer, info on when I started it etc, and told me that I should receive a response; but alas, it's been about 2-3 weeks now and no response. Hopefully I can get this started though ._.
Spoilers inc:
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-07 19:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, well in that case :| nevermind!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-07 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only remotely challenging thing would be Howl from the Heavens, you'd need to be able to clear away the mobs very quickly, and be ready to temp shift the demons as soon as they spawn, otherwise they'll -ga all of the wards and ***will hit the fan.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-07 19:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did some Plucking wings BCs today, seems to me it's a very easy solo now at 90, although, I wanted to ask.. Is it a miss & hit kind of solo? Because I got one shotted by Dark invocation :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-07 20:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty rare that he uses it. I don't remember how long it takes him to use it off the top of my head but unless it's instant you should be able to survive it barring terrible timing if you stun it or swap to MDT.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-07 21:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to do as the wiki says to do The Long March North and it isn't cooperating :| I've zoned into Windurst (S) so far apparently since the quest is active, but when I talk to the two Sandy NPCs, they just give me the regular message. I've even tried going to Bastok in the present to check that as well. I contacted a GM, and I was given an automated message telling me that GMs cannot give a direct response to players-- even after the GM told me he would give me a response. Not sure what to do ._.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-07 21:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said:
Just did some Plucking wings BCs today, seems to me it's a very easy solo now at 90, although, I wanted to ask.. Is it a miss & hit kind of solo? Because I got one shotted by Dark invocation :(

He didn't use it against me once in my solo and never used it against my group the previous 6 times we did it. It's really rare I would assume.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-08 04:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh good too know, also it did appear to be instant, it used it out of the blue when it activated Tabula rasa.
If it's that rare though I guess I can start stock piling roundels in my spare time :D
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-08 06:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome stuff.

Kinda inspiring to solo stuff on BLU. I'm mainly a career rdm but i might try the plucking wings one for a roundel for my RDM. Only just got seriously into BLU but i guess it'll be a good soloing tool.

Quality stuff and nicely done Draylo...
 Quetzalcoatl.Gilford
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: CVang2002
By Quetzalcoatl.Gilford 2011-08-13 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you listed your Eva set and I was wondering if you could list your other gear sets for me so I can see what gear I need.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 01:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre has a lot of BLU setups on his profile page, most of mine are pretty similiar to those as they are some of the best gear BLU can get for that particular function in the slot.
 Cerberus.Ansime
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2011-08-19 19:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Genbu? I imagine he'd be fairly easy /rdm... I plan on trying it /war in the next few days. Gotta get up and go on my rdm sub :/
 Cerberus.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-08-19 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Apoc Nigh soloable?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-19 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eliane said: »
Is Apoc Nigh soloable?

SMN can, dunno about BLU.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-19 20:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ansime said: »
What about Genbu? I imagine he'd be fairly easy /rdm... I plan on trying it /war in the next few days. Gotta get up and go on my rdm sub :/
Honestly /NIN with some eva gear is probably the easiest/most efficient way to straight-tank him solo, possibly disengaged/facing away to avoid getting countered.
 Cerberus.Ansime
user: ansime
By Cerberus.Ansime 2011-08-19 20:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cerberus.Ansime said: »
Honestly /NIN with some eva gear is probably the easiest/most efficient way to straight-tank him solo, possibly disengaged/facing away to avoid getting countered.

Hmmm... I suppose so, but I guess i've grown comfortable with /war and occultation. Tossing diamondhide, cocoon, defender, etc. with some pdt +occulation when it's up is how i've been soloing things recently. It would definitely make more sense to go /nin and play it safe, but i'm wondering how /war would stack up. We'll find out I guess lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-19 20:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure /WAR will do fine, you'll just spend MP significantly faster that way.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17