First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-30 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tekumi said: »
Any of you solo sobek on blu before? Trying to finish 85 Almance and think it could be possible with a decent eva set.

Very simple with an eva set /nin or even a pdt set /rdm. I prefer minikin/gnarled/razed ruins spamming heavy strike and CA/effluxing quadratrike. Just make sure to keep hp near cap via white wind and sudden lunge his spells.
By Kieron 2012-03-31 03:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to Curty's post, here's a pretty cool Hybrid Eva set for Blu that maintains a nice amount of haste and DoT:
(Haste +23%) (Offhand: Shikargar 'Wind')

input /equip body "Mirke Wardecors"
input /equip legs "Ocelot Trousers"
input /equip feet "Athos's boots"
input /equip hands "Ocelot Gloves"
input /equip head "Ocelomeh Headpiece +1"
input /equip ear1 "Suppanomimi"
input /equip ear2 "Brutal Earring"
input /equip ring1 "Epona's Ring"
input /equip ring2 "Alert Ring"
input /equip waist "Phasmida Belt"
input /equip back "Fugacity Mantle"
input /equip neck "Torero Torque"
input /echo --BLU EVA (+105 Eva)--

I've used a set similar to this to tank Azdaja and solo Hedjedjet, Bennu, Alfard, and Ningishzida. It works quite well. Occultation and Screwdriver also create the Evasion Bonus I (+10) trait. Good luck on soloing Sobek.
 Bismarck.Tekumi
Server: Bismarck
user: Tekumi
By Bismarck.Tekumi 2012-03-31 13:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Was so close...

Died at 23% to a blizzaga 4 when sudden lunge didn't stun. Still my fault i didn't bring a decent eva build or mdt. Next time ill have both at the ready.

And Remedy Ointment was a god send.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-02 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they are pretty important, I make sure to always carry my MDT set when I'm up against something that casts! Or at least engulfer cape/shadow ring lol.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-03 19:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've fumbled around trying to swap spells to put on TH trait at the very end of a solo'ed fight (i.e. ones where TH matters for drops, when mob is at extremely low HPs or one or two WS from dying, I'm in no danger in being one-shotted and have good HPs, etc.) but it's kind of harrowing to do at times.

Is that the best methodology to it for those type of NM fights? Or can we actually cheat it, where if you start the fight with the TH trait (and/or gear and/or atma whatever) then remove the spells/trait immediately after tagging the mob (when it is really safe to do that kind of thing) that TH effect is still present?

I get the impression "no"--since THF players zoning after applying TH negates their TH effect I believe, so it's probably the same thing--but I've never tried it that way. Or the only way to have the TH without THF sub is to keep the spells set throughout the fight, or rush to apply them at the end? :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-03 19:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You could apply it at the beginning then swap out if you really want to, wouldn't lose the effect. It's more akin to THFs swapping out TH gear after the first hit.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-03 19:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks! I figured it might be different because you end the fight without the trait being present. But I'll try that out! :)
By Laha 2012-04-25 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Read through this, and watched all the Youtube vids, very awesome stuff!

Just wondering what people would suggest for BLU's not so confident in their skills as far as soloing. My gear isn't terrible, but I lack anything from VW, have yet to try it lol.

Full AF3+2, EVA set, 40% PDT, still working on MDT, and an obvious TP set.

All Abby zonewins/shinryu/cats done, need Windy Dyna win. Sea/Sky unlocked.

Saw the advice given for Sobek and I'm about there with my almace so I'd really like to try that out solo ^_^;..

Also nearly all spells learned (missing a few unbridled learnings, but I'd go as far as to say those don't count for much.).
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-25 20:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems you already have the basics, a hybrid eva set is fine for Sobek at 99 just make sure you stun his aga spells and tyrant tusk. Make sure you have proper meds as well (remedy for paralyze), also remember to set TH. If you aren't so confident all it takes is doing a few for experience, then you can get the hang of it. He will go down really fast with standard TP/WS/spell sets. You can sub NIN if you wanna test it at first but /war would be fine after you get it down.
By Gimp 2012-04-25 23:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

looked back a few pages but didn't see but did anyone mind sharing what mdt and pdt set to shoot for?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-25 23:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT

MDT

Basic sets. Probably some new MDT stuff that I'm missing, plus merman earrings. Since the theme of this thread is solo, I'm not taking into account Shell V.
[+]
By Gimp 2012-04-26 00:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

priority for MDT vs MDB in a gear slot? ie Merman vs Stud

I see you have Ethreal in one slot I didn't know that Ethreal counted as Pdt/Mdt as well as conversion
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-26 00:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap MDT before doing anything with MDB unless it's a massive difference in MDB vs MDT.

And it doesn't. Ethereal is in that slot because I don't find anything else to be worth the inventory space or gear slot. Receiving some MP for the nuke I'm eating is nice.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-26 00:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't but the MP is beneficial for soloing.
By Laha 2012-04-26 09:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Seems you already have the basics, a hybrid eva set is fine for Sobek at 99 just make sure you stun his aga spells and tyrant tusk. Make sure you have proper meds as well (remedy for paralyze), also remember to set TH. If you aren't so confident all it takes is doing a few for experience, then you can get the hang of it. He will go down really fast with standard TP/WS/spell sets. You can sub NIN if you wanna test it at first but /war would be fine after you get it down.

Thanks very much, makes me feel a bit better knowing one of the pros has even a tiny bit of faith lol.

Will be giving this a shot tonight, also looking at genbu since I used to duo that w/ SCH back in the ol' days, I think it may be time to see what BLU can really do :P
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-05-05 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not as awesome as some of Draylo's video's but I felt pretty good about soloing this fight. Probably didn't need to use as many temps as I did either xD Can probably skip to about 1:30 to get past my buffing...>_>

[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-05-05 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »
Not as awesome as some of Draylo's video's but I felt pretty good about soloing this fight. Probably didn't need to use as many temps as I did either xD Can probably skip to about 1:30 to get past my buffing...>_>

Parasite eve ost <3
By tennotsukai87 2012-05-10 06:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Who would win in a battle? Prothescar or Draylo? I can't help but notice how much I have learned from everything they have posted whether from youtube (draylo), Ffxiah, SE forums, or blue gartr. k, so fight and upload a vid of it...?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-11 06:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing recently so heres one,

Dhorme was more annoying lol

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-11 06:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

tennotsukai87 said: »
Who would win in a battle? Prothescar or Draylo? I can't help but notice how much I have learned from everything they have posted whether from youtube (draylo), Ffxiah, SE forums, or blue gartr. k, so fight and upload a vid of it...?

Why bother fighting each other when combined we could be a team stronger than the Justice League?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-11 16:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Blue Mage avengers!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laharlx
Server: Carbuncle
user: Laha
By Carbuncle.Laharlx 2012-05-15 12:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of you pros have a guide for Turul solo? I'd really like Loki's for a few jobs, but too many people I know need it to help without a major lot war lol.

Sobek went really well even though I lack the big EVA pieces. I'm at 38/50 skins for most of which from soloing :]. Thanks for the tips and encouragement everyone :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-16 17:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Turul, RR MM apoc or VV and just make sure to stun any thunder IV/V spell he attempts to cast. I would suggest /rdm for Shell II and use Occultation and make use of a hybrid EVA setup and a -MDT setup. DD him down and if he manages to get a spell off just turn around and spam him with the usual DD spells. Try to make sure you set TH and go during Blunt time period. Also bring Echo Drops if that needs to be said, I haven't done him in a while but I believe he won't use Feral Peck if you're on his side but make sure you have stun ready if he does.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-16 18:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

/war opens more procs doesnt it?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-16 18:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/WAR would be possible if you can stun his spells, /rdm would just be safer with Shell II if its a first attempt. /war would give an extra proc during blunt with Heavy Swing for 5. Can also make good use of Magic Barrier with /war for lack of Shell.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-16 19:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
tennotsukai87 said: »

Why bother fighting each other when combined we could be a team stronger than the Justice League?

Think I'd rather the naked cage match to the death.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Stiel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-16 19:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

im very interested on apademak solo,did you used hybrid eva set to tank it?also can you show me your mdt set,what atma used and in big lines the strat pllz? id like to try it some time,since i need 150 apa skins XD
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-16 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped between a hybrid and full eva set for when I was terrorized.

My MDT set was:

Not the best as its more for Shell V.

Ghetto macc set:

Atma used was MM, RR and Merciless Matriarch for Macc/FC but could probably swap that out for a different atma if you have decent enough MACC gear in addition to ascetics drink. I only got one resist on a stun through the fight, so I made sure I had Temp shift set in case of an emergency as Sudden Lunge and HB are not reliable at all (don't even think they work). The strategy? Just watch the video, it pretty much shows you everything I did, just make sure to watch it highest quality to see everything.

It's basically stun any spell and DD him down. Make sure you stand on his side so you avoid Plague Swipe (will wipe occultation and give nasty plague) and Lithic breath. On the side he will do Thunderstrike, Tourbillion (wings break really fast so this isn't an issue), Dread Storm. Dread and Thunderstrike are magical so I swapped into MDT set and used Magic Barrier. Also you can use Last Resort and Arcana Killer.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17