Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 14:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
so uh
would this be the best tp setup for DRK?

25% haste, 6-hit. <.<
edit: this is with current gear.

Haven't read all the replies to this post yet, but, no, that is not the "best" TP set-up for DRK, unless you're fighting low-evasion targets, or have heavy Accuracy buffs on you (from atma, Madrigals, Hasso, etc.).

Remember, DRK Great Sword skill is "A-", not "A+".
That doesn't mean don't use a Great Sword. It just means you have to account for melee Accuracy. The itemset you posted here has net Accuracy-4 and total DEX+1. The +5 skill on the AF3+2 gloves helps somewhat, but using Zelus Tiara, Hoard Ring, Almah Torque, and Askar Korazin seems wasteful.

You could instead aim for this type of gear:

which could be used with any Great Sword with a base delay of 444 to 456 to yield a 7-hit build as DRK/SAM. You'll still have +25% Haste, but significantly higher melee Accuracy (and Attack), without being dependent on Madrigal or Hasso, etc.

A six-hit build is a nice idea, but it's more practical when using a Scythe, or as a WAR/SAM. So unless you're fighting weak (or unusually low evasion, or Feint-debuffed) targets, an accurate 7-hit build is most likely better than gimping yourself to max-out on Store-TP equipment.

So A- or A+ makes or breaks a gearset? yeah, no.
It's like, 7 less accuracy lol
But, this gearset etc was commented on earlier.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-22 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that its a big deal, but VIT's a cure mod on the target, and from the caster on cure 5. Also a waltz mod. But, yeah. Defensively, pretty worthless. Kinda sad since Ochain has so much VIT on it.

And please god SE don't screw crit ws over. ; ;
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-22 14:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
So jishnu's is now absolutely broken?

Probably, but has ranger's problem ever really been Damage? I always see their biggest issue as pulling hate so quickly, that, unlike melee jobs, they can't effectively attack in that situation.

npnp, they just use apoc atma for reraise.

Ranged attacks get a good, stern *** after death 2 though, don't they?

lol idk, wasnt really serious :<
Probably :P

Well, I know before, they didn't which made your point valid. That was actually one of their strengths. Die, get right back up and shoot a *** in the dome.

Single-weakness has no effect on ranged attacks. Double-weakness pretty much bottoms out ranged accuracy
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 14:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't read all the replies to this post yet, but, no, that is not the "best" TP set-up for DRK, unless you're fighting low-evasion targets, or have heavy Accuracy buffs on you (from atma, Madrigals, Hasso, etc.).

That doesn't mean don't use a Great Sword. It just means you have to account for melee Accuracy. The itemset you posted here has net Accuracy-4 and total DEX+1. The +5 skill on the AF3+2 gloves helps somewhat, but using Zelus Tiara, Hoard Ring, Almah Torque, and Askar Korazin seems wasteful.

which could be used with any Great Sword with a base delay of 444 to 456 to yield a 7-hit build as DRK/SAM. You'll still have +25% Haste, but significantly higher melee Accuracy (and Attack), without being dependent on Madrigal or Hasso, etc.

A six-hit build is a nice idea, but it's more practical when using a Scythe, or as a WAR/SAM. So unless you're fighting weak (or unusually low evasion, or Feint-debuffed) targets, an accurate 7-hit build is most likely better than gimping yourself to max-out on Store-TP equipment.

Of which, Caladbolg is not.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

<insert obligatory lolacc comment here>

I TP in ~40-60 acc on NIN most of the time, ~50 on BLU as well. 2hander acc bonus from DEX means I'm tping in about as much total acc as Fredjan's build, yet I still cap hitrate with that setup for most NMs. Just something to consider.

Anyway, I agree with what Zeotah said previously in that a 7-hit is probably the way to go for Caladbolg, which was the weapon that was actually being discussed rather than an arbitrary higher delay weapon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-22 15:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

True, but many Great Swords fall in that Base Delay range.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-22 15:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

So A- or A+ makes or breaks a gearset? yeah, no.
It's like, 7 less accuracy lol
But, this gearset etc was commented on earlier.

"makes or breaks" ... no ... no, I didn't say that.
Good job, though.

However, I wouldn't want to TP using an A- weapon in a gearset featuring -4 Accuracy and +1 DEX.

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 15:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

True, but many Great Swords fall in that Base Delay range.

And all of which, are inferior options to other weapons, with exception given to perhaps the Espafut+2.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-04-22 15:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

4 Hit rng WS! i cant wait to play rng frame again. I hope the VE Ws is worth dusting it off too.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-04-22 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

(assuming /sam)

was pretty sure this is what caladbolg people were aiming for
(7hit, capped haste, good stats all around)

tathlum isnt needed to maintain 7hit, can use a fire bomblet if you really care about acc that much

edit: can use something other then the blitz ring, forgot to change it out for something else.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-04-22 15:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, it's still not enough. They have made it a 4 DD game, and these changes do little to nothing.

For RNG it only addresses one of many problems. Give us more procs if you want people using it. It's not just the damage issue, it's that there is no real need for them.

Far as DRK, my THF can out DD DRKs anymore. It has nothing to do with the players, it what's SE has done to the game to make it all about MNKs, WARs, NINs and THFs.

VIT, I forgot that was still a stat. Only thing I have ever used VIT for is drain bolts. VIT PLD took same DMG as an HP PLD. Depending how how much they modify it, it will remain a broken stat.

Certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities.
Really curious how this will play out overall.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 15:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zaps said:

(assuming /sam)

tathlum isnt needed to maintain 7hit, can use a fire bomblet if you really care about acc that much
You can drop blitz ring or use homam pants with that set.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zaps said:

(assuming /sam)

Pretty much, my set is a little less cookie-cutter because of Ninsash-Homam-Hoard ring, but the only real gain is the additional spell interruption down from the sash, and maybe a little bit of accuracy difference from the Homam-Aces swap, but is that even worth mentioning?

Also, it's probably worth mentioning again, that that creates a stable 8 hit off /SAM as well. So there's no real need to have a separate TP set for that sub, which is small, but nice.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-04-22 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Zaps said:

(assuming /sam)

Pretty much, my set is a little less cookie-cutter because of Ninsash-Homam-Hoard ring, but the only real gain is the additional spell interruption down from the sash, and maybe a little bit of accuracy difference from the Homam-Aces swap, but is that even worth mentioning?

i can see the bandwagon has started o.o
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-04-22 15:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah just now notcied i left blitz ring there. meh. the sets still basically the same
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zaps said:
yeah just now notcied i left blitz ring there. meh. the sets still basically the same

There ain't a whole-hell of a lot you can do with that ring slot anyway, since DRK doesn't get Epona's. An STR ring, or Mars's, which is decently cheap now, but still not worth it.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-04-22 15:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Zaps said:

(assuming /sam)

Also, it's probably worth mentioning again, that that creates a stable 8 hit off /SAM as well. So there's no real need to have a separate TP set for that sub, which is small, but nice.

actually working on my mnk sub soon for that reason, can still maintain an 8hit with the same gear and capped haste. while being able to counter with the right atma's. i know its not the "best" tanking in the world, but it works, and it suits my smallish ls quite well when certain people cant make events.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-04-22 15:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Zaps said:

There ain't a whole-hell of a lot you can do with that ring slot anyway, since DRK doesn't get Epona's. An STR ring, or Mars's, which is decently cheap now, but still not worth it.

yeahlol seriously thinking of throwing a keen ring in there because a friend wants my blitz from me XD
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 15:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zaps said:
ded to maintain 7hit, can use a fire bomblet if you really care about acc that much

Maybe it's just my personal set, but I think you need White Tath full time to open up all your WS slots for swap, mainly the ring occupied by Rajas. Since Torcleaver doesn't get any handy-dandy STR mods.
[+]
By Serj 2011-04-22 15:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
This couldn't be a better time to be a DRK than now. Grats PUPs and RNGs too, you guys needed the boosts.

im actually waiting to see the "Clank uses Ranged Attack" "Clanks Ranged Attack misses!" with the Barrage effect....because if the first hit of Barrage misses they all miss...if it truely acts like Barrage.

holyshitstorminstaTPwhileTPingwithinhibitor O_O!

im gunna overload so much doing Ice Manuevers the way i do them :X

VE counter tank?

They're changing how Barrage works. I think they're going to make it "All shots fire with an acc check on each" rather than how it works.

SE.Forum.Bumpkins said:
Accuracy calculations for Barrage will be eased in proportion to the maximum number of shots.

People seem to have skipped over that ;>
By Serj 2011-04-22 15:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Zaps said:

(assuming /sam)

i can see the bandwagon has started o.o

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Time to break out the drk zerg all over again !!! The question is should i keep my B.Zaghnal or work on multihit scythe. I was a M.Kris zerg drk before abby, now with the updates, 5/5 desperate blows, and the hp/haste build, DoT might be better with scythe rather then M.Kris or Ridill. *Breaks out the "Your Soul is Mine" macros*

Wat.

If anything Last Resort increased duration makes Things like Bahamut'z Zaghnal and zerg weapons entirely useless. Get an ODD (Redemption or Caladbolg)
CALADBOLG 300% TP -> EPIC TORCLEAVER WITH 90SECONDS OF AFTERMATH EFFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or, OR!, 25% Delay reduction means more Torcleavers which means more Aftermath regardless of TP!

Serj said:
Seems that I picked a good time to level up drk (got it to 84 yesterday). Inb4 bandwagon drks.

There's a difference between a bandwagoneer and someone who's taking advantage of a situation.

Generally, if you're a DRK and in full Perle, you're a bandwagoneer though.

Hmmm.
By Inuyasha 2011-04-22 15:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Inuyasha said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
This couldn't be a better time to be a DRK than now. Grats PUPs and RNGs too, you guys needed the boosts.
im actually waiting to see the "Clank uses Ranged Attack" "Clanks Ranged Attack misses!" with the Barrage effect....because if the first hit of Barrage misses they all miss...if it truely acts like Barrage. holyshitstorminstaTPwhileTPingwithinhibitor O_O! im gunna overload so much doing Ice Manuevers the way i do them :X VE counter tank?
They're changing how Barrage works. I think they're going to make it "All shots fire with an acc check on each" rather than how it works.
SE.Forum.Bumpkins said:
Accuracy calculations for Barrage will be eased in proportion to the maximum number of shots.
People seem to have skipped over that ;>
i read over that but forgot about it when i responded XD

but im interested to see how much damage my little ranger trashcan can do now before it gets completely raped by a mob
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-04-22 16:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, I'm super excited about this update for RNG. Also excited to see how they plan on boosting annihilator and relics in general (as they posted on off. forums). I've been using BLU mostly with almace as the damage is far superior. It was kind of annoying to be able to outdamage myself with a sword that took like 3 days to get. I hope the critical damage boost is enough to fix RNG.

I personally don't give a crap about the barrage update. I can count the number of times I use barrage on one hand during an event. It's just not worth the tp spam. If they lowered the enmity and tp it gives the mob then it would be much more useful.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-04-22 18:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and stuff... Gradd and I were just making fun of the fact SE liked to ignore them. Pretty excited about this update though
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-04-22 23:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with Mankey. 25% haste for 3 minutes not counting gear or spells just makes me happy. Wondering how much they're gonna lower Soul Eater HP consumption by...
 Asura.Wordspoken
By Asura.Wordspoken 2011-04-23 00:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:
easy mode is official now. no xp loss 1-30? does anyone die at that level anyway? 30-75 loss but less is cool but really none for 1-30 come on SE how about tweaking limit breaks, missions etc so things dont still require 3 people or more...
People still die during 1-30 lvlup? I don't see a problem here...
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 00:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Nice, I'm super excited about this update for RNG. Also excited to see how they plan on boosting annihilator and relics in general (as they posted on off. forums). I've been using BLU mostly with almace as the damage is far superior. It was kind of annoying to be able to outdamage myself with a sword that took like 3 days to get. I hope the critical damage boost is enough to fix RNG.
I'm wondering if it will be a boost or just a fix. I'm just hoping they make ranged crits at least as good as melee crits
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-23 00:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not joking when i say this.

I seriously just now realized my DRK is level 90.

LoL ;;
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 00:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With as many 90s as you got easy to do especially if you never use it
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-23 00:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
With as many 90s as you got easy to do especially if you never use it

I was just reading all this and thought "You know, I should finish my DRK" then i remembered I leveled it to 90 with a friend in abyssea :X

So yah, Haven't touched it since because its terribly geared and my Scythe skill is crap lol >.<
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12