Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-22 07:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

now if drk could just get a good scythe ws
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

3min Desperate blows?
***. YES.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 07:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Tezmania said:
Yeh well, can pretty much have desperate blows up 80% of the time now which is a huge increase. I worry about the hate generation now for them lol!
Well that depends on buffs, SV marches, not so much 2-3% difference in haste vs other jobs, non SV, probably 5% haste(thats still good), and then when you dont have a brd, 15% over other jobs on top of the 14% increase to attack which on beefy def mobs, thats always a welcome and probably in the bracket a lot of drks may find themselves in.

This makes drk/nin pretty nice aswell, you sacrifice the stp/meditate for sure, but for w/e reason you have to sub /nin atleast you didnt lose the haste in attack speed.

Well, uh, 3% haste at 77% is an entirely different effect than 3% haste at say, 25%.

Also, Soul Voice isn't exactly a buff to count on having.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-22 07:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

stalwart soul: ....by less hp, they better not mean less dmg
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 07:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ the Critical hit Gimp. I didn't even read that. Moar like Sukko's Fury and Mediocrity Smite now, amirite?!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-04-22 07:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Well...

This could be bad, really bad.

Other Adjustments
• VIT will play a role in calculating damage taken from critical hits.

This is a quote from the new update.

If this is player only, great.

But it never is... in the past, calculations for H2H/Dual Weild/Ja's etc, have also had effects on mobs.

This will imply that all Critical Hit WS's and Critical Hit's will be receiving a damage gimp. Considering most mobs do possess fairly high VIT, even if it ends up being a 10-15% Damage Decrease from Crit's it'll be big enough to notice. Especially outside of Abyssea.

:( not very happy right now.
dynamis mnk-mob hundred fists alliance wipe yes please :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
stalwart soul: ....by less hp, they better not mean less dmg

Probably not.
I recently did Muted Soul merits, as diabolic eye is rather useless now(lol), and this is probably gonna make souleater way easier to fulltime no matter how good your healers are, awesome!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-22 07:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to work on my 2-4 hit scythe >_> im on peiste atm...
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-22 07:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
No one else seemed the mention this yet:

Quote:
At levels 1–30, the penalty will be removed entirely. At levels 31–75, the amount of XP lost will be lowered as indicated in the chart below.

Seems pretty big to me. I might actually level a new job now (doubt it). Otherwise this update doesn't really hold any interest for me.

that kinda pisses me off actually, leveling is so goddamn easy these days, why make it even easier? >_<
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 07:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The exp penalty removed will be nice, you will be able to try stupid stuff and HP without penalty. "Nope that camp doesn't work at 22, lets try something else." BST pre-30 will be nice and post 30 if you dont abysseafy it.

Also, I'm curious if Bounty shot will be able to help THF proc more TH. I know Bounty shot is initially TH2 but if it can 'occasionally' proc higher TH I will be interested to see if Bounty shot can proc a thf's TH from say 8 to 9 and then the THF can proc it from 9 to 10
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-04-22 07:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Tezmania said:
Yeh well, can pretty much have desperate blows up 80% of the time now which is a huge increase. I worry about the hate generation now for them lol!
Well that depends on buffs, SV marches, not so much 2-3% difference in haste vs other jobs, non SV, probably 5% haste(thats still good), and then when you dont have a brd, 15% over other jobs on top of the 14% increase to attack which on beefy def mobs, thats always a welcome and probably in the bracket a lot of drks may find themselves in. This makes drk/nin pretty nice aswell, you sacrifice the stp/meditate for sure, but for w/e reason you have to sub /nin atleast you didnt lose the haste in attack speed.
Also, Soul Voice isn't exactly a buff to count on having.
Oh I know, I was just covering all my bases, theres always going to be someone to bring up "well its not better in this situation ....or you arent accounting for xbuffs etc etc" where as that situation is limited and probably most ppl dont see, however speaking in abyssea terms, you can get SV marches 70% of the time. Weve done 120-150 chloris fights with SV marches 100% of the time up. However thats just 1 example. We can both agree outside its a different story.

I agree with your first part.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-22 07:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Well... This could be bad, really bad. Other Adjustments • VIT will play a role in calculating damage taken from critical hits. This is a quote from the new update. If this is player only, great. But it never is... in the past, calculations for H2H/Dual Weild/Ja's etc, have also had effects on mobs. This will imply that all Critical Hit WS's and Critical Hit's will be receiving a damage gimp. Considering most mobs do possess fairly high VIT, even if it ends up being a 10-15% Damage Decrease from Crit's it'll be big enough to notice. Especially outside of Abyssea. :( not very happy right now.

They will probably make it something like a STR/VIT calculation again, otherwise level 95+ mob's stat scaling would make crit hits borderline useless. As long as you're not a notoriously gimp player, I wouldn't wet the bed over this yet..... nvm.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is DRK gonna be top DD outside of aby now?
Assuming you can stay on the mob fulltime etc
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 07:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

They weren't exactly low outside of abyssea to begin with. To assume anything less than a Top Place with what amounts to 3minutes of the most powerful Non-SoulVoiced Haste effect in the game, unique only to them, is just stupid.

They might even be competitive inside abyssea, especially considering the potential implications of the VIT-CRIT nerf.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-22 07:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:

•VIT will play a role in calculating damage taken from critical hits.

Pld Vit build like its 2006!! Yeaaaaaaaaah!
/sarcasm
More like nerf to crit ws on higher tier NMs
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 07:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

They weren't exactly low outside of abyssea to begin with. To assume anything less than a Top Place with what amounts to 3minutes of the most powerful Non-SoulVoiced Haste effect in the game, unique only to them, is just stupid.

They might even be competitive inside abyssea, especially considering the potential implications of the VIT-CRIT nerf.

What do you mean by 3 mins of the most powerful haste effect in the game? Is Desperate Blows not on 100% of the time? I'm not a drk by any means but would like to understand it more. I don't plan on jumping on the bandwagon if DRK is the new MNK. I'll keep to my mnk tyvm pre-pimp times and post-gimp times
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Gonna be competitive inside aswell, depending on buffs.
Can more or less count on fulltime soul voice if you have 1-2 more people than you need for nms etc.
But yeah, DRK is good outside as it currently stands aswell, but this is a huge boost..
Will push the job up alot, generally >_>
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

What do you mean by 3 mins of the most powerful haste effect in the game? Is Desperate Blows not on 100% of the time? I'm not a drk by any means but would like to understand it more. I don't plan on jumping on the bandwagon if DRK is the new MNK. I'll keep to my mnk tyvm pre-pimp times and post-gimp times

Desperate blows is only on when last resort is.
So it's limited to 30sec every 5min as it is atm.

Edit: well, every 4min 10sec with merits* :P
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 07:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[I see.] I have trouble with reading full sentences. I guess that goes on wiki also. I just read that 'job traits are always active' and assumed DB was fulltime on. Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-04-22 07:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this open up /war again ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 07:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:

Gonna lose xhit builds and other small nice buffs from /sam, and we can now use seigan/thirdeye as a offensive buff when last resort is up(Counter)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-22 08:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:

Also, with red curry buns and this new last resort buff, you should be at 999 attack for 30/41st's (~73%) of the time. That kills a bit of what /war brought to the table.

Also, if your desperate blows is capped you could leave seigan up to reduce damage taken.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Masekase said:

Also, with red curry buns and this new last resort buff, you should be at 999 attack for 30/41st's (~73%) of the time. That kills a bit of what /war brought to the table.

Pretty sure Attack just displays to 999, but doesn't actually cap there. Wasn't that answered in a Fanfest once? If attack was actually Hard-capped at 999, Tachi: Gekko would do less against Absolute Virtue than Tachi: Fudo, which totally isn't the case.
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-22 08:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to break out the drk zerg all over again !!! The question is should i keep my B.Zaghnal or work on multihit scythe. I was a M.Kris zerg drk before abby, now with the updates, 5/5 desperate blows, and the hp/haste build, DoT might be better with scythe rather then M.Kris or Ridill. *Breaks out the "Your Soul is Mine" macros*
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people only think of zerging when they see this? :P
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 08:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said:
Time to break out the drk zerg all over again !!! The question is should i keep my B.Zaghnal or work on multihit scythe. I was a M.Kris zerg drk before abby, now with the updates, 5/5 desperate blows, and the hp/haste build, DoT might be better with scythe rather then M.Kris or Ridill. *Breaks out the "Your Soul is Mine" macros*

Wat.

If anything Last Resort increased duration makes Things like Bahamut'z Zaghnal and zerg weapons entirely useless. Get an ODD (Redemption or Caladbolg)
[+]
By Serj 2011-04-22 08:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems that I picked a good time to level up drk (got it to 84 yesterday). Inb4 bandwagon drks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 08:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:

Wat.

If anything Last Resort increased duration makes Things like Bahamut'z Zaghnal and zerg weapons entirely useless. Get an ODD (Redemption or Caladbolg)
CALADBOLG 300% TP -> EPIC TORCLEAVER WITH 90SECONDS OF AFTERMATH EFFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12