Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
By Artemicion 2011-04-23 00:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to the changes.
And it makes me happy to see DRK get a much needed improvement.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-23 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2004 DRK Bandwagon: Easily spotted by the use of a Great Sword.

2011 DRK Bandwagon: See above.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-23 02:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to do an "in before lolDRK" before it is too late.

All kidding aside grats to all the dedicated and committed DRKs, I missed you all in events n stuff.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-23 02:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
All kidding aside grats to all the dedicated and committed DRKs, I missed you all in events n stuff.
Those weren't dedicated DRKs then.
 Sylph.Lorax
Server: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-04-23 02:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:
Those weren't dedicated DRKs then.

This... EXACTLY.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-23 02:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All the dedicated drks were gone by that point
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-23 02:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
There were a few of us. We found our niche shutting down Armed Gears' TP moves with Absorb-TP and stuff.

I think the best definition would be: A dedicated DRK never dropped their Scythe merits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-23 03:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
There were a few of us. We found our niche shutting down Armed Gears' TP moves with Absorb-TP and stuff.

I think the best definition would be: A dedicated DRK never dropped their Scythe merits.
and greatsword merits
By Serj 2011-04-23 03:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad greatsword > scythe now =S generally speaking.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-23 03:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Not really. Torc DRKs like their big numbers, but fail to mention the ~800-1k they do on anything that matters. If you compare averages between Torc and Quietus on anything tougher than a flea there's hardly a gap, and once you get outside of Abyssea it swings completely the other way around.

Don't tell them this though. They get butthurt when having a WS with 3k potential doesn't impress.

Seriously, don't play into that ***. Ask them for a parsed average and it can be pathetic, especially when all their comparison relies on high-buff situations that just don't happen inside Abyssea. It's a decent WS in Abyssea, but that doesn't mean it outright trumps a proper 5-hit Quietus build or a Multihit throwing Infernal Scythe for 1.2k/pop every ten seconds or less with no buffs at all. Don't let BNS *** squander your options.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-23 04:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Serj said:
Not really. Torc DRKs like their big numbers, but fail to mention the ~800-1k they do on anything that matters. If you compare averages between Torc and Quietus on anything tougher than a flea there's hardly a gap, and once you get outside of Abyssea it swings completely the other way around.

Don't tell them this though. They get butthurt when having a WS with 3k potential doesn't impress.

Seriously, don't play into that ***. Ask them for a parsed average and it can be pathetic, especially when all their comparison relies on high-buff situations that just don't happen inside Abyssea. It's a decent WS in Abyssea, but that doesn't mean it outright trumps a proper 5-hit Quietus build or a Multihit throwing Infernal Scythe for 1.2k/pop every ten seconds or less with no buffs at all. Don't let BNS *** squander your options.

Oh boy, here we go.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-23 04:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp DRKs giving bad advice, why am I not surprised its Raelia?

Hmm......

Torcleaver is stronger than Quietus both in and outside of abyssea.

Torcleaver has a 4.75 FTP, Quietus FTP is only 3.00 and is not effected by TP in terms of increasing damage like Torcleaver is. Its physically impossible for Quietus to be stronger than Torcleaver. Especially now with the 3 minute long Last Resort, Quietus ignore defense property isnt going to be doing that much for it anymore.

Zic has both Quietus and Torcleaver, pretty sure he can testify for Torcleaver being the stronger Weaponskill.

Only bad thing about Torcleaver is that its a 60% VIT mod other than that its a very powerful Weaponskill outside of Abyssea.

I was very happy when I read the DRK update in the morning :3

Edit: Unless your holding TP (Holding TP is stupid) Quietus Ignore Defense property isnt doing much at all its only 10% at 100% TP, 30% at 200, and 50% at 300.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-04-23 04:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice changes. I was kinda hoping for a buff to blue magic attack on some spells or for a way to scale it so that I can fight higher level monsters instead of being a yellow proc ***, but I'm happy for DRKs. Totally not jumping on the bandwagon tho.
By Artemicion 2011-04-23 06:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Uptempo said:
Now a overhaul of apoc aftermath would be the iceing on the cake come on se :D

If I recall correctly, the haste effect from Catastrophe is gear based (as strange as it seems).
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Quetzalcoatl.Uptempo said:
Now a overhaul of apoc aftermath would be the iceing on the cake come on se :D
If I recall correctly, the haste effect from Catastrophe is gear based (as strange as it seems).
I think that's what he means by overhaul... ie make it magical. Which would be kinda crazy. 25 gear haste 25 ja haste most the time and then haste from this... maybe /whm to self haste yourself and yeah be insane
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-23 06:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How does DRK have 25% JA Haste "Most" of the time? Is there a Haste Atma or something?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
How does DRK have 25% JA Haste "Most" of the time? Is there a Haste Atma or something?
Desperate blows

Oh and yeah there are alot of haste atmas but they count as gear
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-23 06:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Desperate blows

Oh and yeah there are alot of haste atmas but they count as gear
Even with Hasso and Desperate Blows, that's only 20%. Unless I'm a noob and am forgetting something.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Desperate blows Oh and yeah there are alot of haste atmas but they count as gear
Even with Hasso and Desperate Blows, that's only 20%. Unless I'm a noob and am forgetting something.
Yeah your forgetting to full merit desperate blows. It's 5% per merit. Don't even need /sam to cap most the time
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-23 06:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Desperate blows Oh and yeah there are alot of haste atmas but they count as gear
Yeah your forgetting to full merit desperate blows. It's 5% per merit. Don't even need /sam to cap most the time
Well ***. I thought it was 2% per merit. And I thought this update was broken even then!

Edit: at 75. Speaking purely for LV75, say hello to /WAR or something instead, I think.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-23 06:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I Honestly don't know what they would have to do to Apoc now, my solution prior to this was change Apocs AM to JA haste but that would be pointless now because of the new Last Resort Buff.

I really do not see Apoc becoming DRKs #1 scythe again, Right now in my strong opinion Liberator will end up being the Top Tier Scythe for DRK, it definatley shits all over Apoc right now if you can ride the 300% OAT AM.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Well ***. I thought it was 2% per merit. And I thought this update was broken even then!

Edit: at 75. Speaking purely for LV75, say hello to /WAR or something instead, I think.
/drg. At 75 you're only hitting 22% gear haste without weapon or wyvern earring
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-23 06:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I Honestly don't know what they would have to do to Apoc now, my solution prior to this was change Apocs AM to JA haste but that would be pointless now because of the new Last Resort Buff.

I really do not see Apoc becoming DRKs #1 scythe again, Right now in my strong opinion Liberator will end up being the Top Tier Scythe for DRK, it definatley shits all over Apoc right now if you can ride the 300% OAT AM.

Apoc's only strength right now, is it opens up less cookie-cutter builds when it comes to Aftermath TP phase.

Mostly negligible things, like being able to TP in the full EAF set.

They could either turn Apoc's Haste effect into Magical Haste, or Furry effect though. That'd fix it right quick.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-23 06:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

3% increase in Haste beats 10% Double Attack and +15%ish increase in Attack?

Edit: I don't even know if Last Resort and Berserk stack, I'm so out of this gear stuff. Don't take these questions as defiant arguments, they're more like an "I didn't know that" sort of thing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

Burn back to back Haste belts!!!

Also holding tp for a weaker ws is lame especially with how much TA/DAing can be doing now in tp phase anyways.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 06:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
3% increase in Haste beats 10% Double Attack and +15%ish increase in Attack?

Edit: I don't even know if Last Resort and Berserk stack, I'm so out of this gear stuff. Don't take these questions as defiant arguments, they're more like an "I didn't know that" sort of thing.
Idk probably. It's not just 3 it's going from 47 to 50 solo. Of course if more haste buffs etc...

Not sure about stacking and such.
 Fenrir.Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-23 07:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Brained it out, assuming you're using a 528 delay scythe at 75 with capped merits and 22% gear Haste, your delay is 281. With 25% gear Haste, your delay is 264. That's a 6.44% increase in attack speed, so just in terms of DA vs Haste, DA would most likely win. Of course, that doesn't include spellcasting, and I'm sure Jumps and Accuracy Bonus would outweigh the rest of the benefits for /WAR.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-23 07:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You going to be solo most the time?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12