Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Poll: Most death counts
Poll: Most death counts
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-24 16:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have time to read all of the posts...

But the one i remember most is White Lizards, Yhoator Jungle... "BLM starts casting firaga on the Yhoator Mandragora(sp)"... Or "PLD provokes the White Lizard" which = 3 links, and then you see in chat. "Oh ***... my bad guys"
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 16:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oric said:

But the one i remember most is White Lizards, Yhoator Jungle... "BLM starts casting firaga on the Yhoator Mandragora(sp)"... Or "PLD provokes the White Lizard" which = 3 links, and then you see in chat. "Oh ***... my bad guys"

once again, only idiots use aoe in areas such as this, you dont see melee usint their aoe WSs do you?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-24 16:45:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my first experience inside crawler's nest ended with much lag and death.
The moment ***Downloading Data*** finished I come in the zone dead only to see at least 3 dozen crawlers on top of me at the entrance.

Good times...
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-03-24 16:47:46

Artemicion said:
I remember my first experience inside crawler's nest ended with much lag and death.
The moment ***Downloading Data*** finished I come in the zone dead only to see at least 3 dozen crawlers on top of me at the entrance.

Good times...

Reminds me of Zoning into Vulkurm the first time, saw about 4 gobs and 3 lizzards at the zone on top of my dead body
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-03-24 16:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

UFOs and Sharks...Evil ***.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-24 16:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have to say it is the noob mob. They aggro everything. And they are the number 1 cause of all party wipes.

Bob: Ok, go pull.
n00b: {Provoking} <mob much higher than what you should be fighting>
Bob: Dude, wtf!!!
[Bob uses provoke]
n00b: Get it off me! I'm dying!
Bob: You don't have ranged? Why did you pull with provoke!?!
[Mob defeats n00b]
Bob: Oh well, your fault.
[Mob defeats healer trying to keep n00b alive]
Bob: *** . . .
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-24 16:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Azura said:
Oric said:

once again, only idiots use aoe in areas such as this, you dont see melee usint their aoe WSs do you?

And what does that have to do with anything?... I simply said that White Lizards in Yhoater often wipe parties which is a true statement, in my experiences.

If we go by what you're saying then it's only because idiots that let Bogy type mobs aggro and wipe party?
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-24 17:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's hilarious when someone in my PT mistargets the lizards in Crawlers' Nest lol.
Definitely that and the Qufim banshees/wights... /sigh.

ME personally, I like to skill up half-asleep in TBT and pull Aquarius. QQ
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-24 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i think elementals.... or in general things that aggro magic ><

undead are contenders due to the fact they aggro 2 ways.... same goes with magic aggroers

edit: undead and elementals are extremely resistant to physical damage in some way as well, which makes it tough as balls to kill them if they in your normal exp area
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 17:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oric said:
Azura said:
Oric said:

And what does that have to do with anything?... I simply said that White Lizards in Yhoater often wipe parties which is a true statement, in my experiences.

If we go by what you're saying then it's only because idiots that let Bogy type mobs aggro and wipe party?

I just mean often i dont see anyone doing aoe in these areas, i have rarely seen someone aggro a lizard and if they do, we let them die instead of getting the pt wiped. Things that are naturally aggressive, higher than the pt should take, and spawn around usual camps are the real murderers
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 18:45:02

Houshisama said:

undead are contenders due to the fact they aggro 2 ways.... same goes with magic aggroers

edit: undead and elementals are extremely resistant to physical damage in some way as well, which makes it tough as balls to kill them if they in your normal exp area

No idea why I didn't think of that, elementals are probably the leading factor in pts I've have wiping, that and me sucking.
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 19:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
Houshisama said:

No idea why I didn't think of that, elementals are probably the leading factor in pts I've have wiping, that and me sucking.

dude you're like 75% mage, it's no wonder, and Iono where you been pting but i haven't pt'd near an elemental since i was a wee newb in valkurm. o_o
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 20:01:59

Azura said:
Reublucian said:
Houshisama said:

dude you're like 75% mage, it's no wonder, and Iono where you been pting but i haven't pt'd near an elemental since i was a wee newb in valkurm. o_o

I really should've picked tarutaru when I first started but oh well to late now.
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 20:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
Azura said:
Reublucian said:
Houshisama said:

I really should've picked tarutaru when I first started but oh well to late now.

No turning back!!! {Mhuraha}ahahahahahaahahahahah!
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 20:49:30

Yeah but I'll just turn into this kid, then I can do whatever I want.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36278939

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Invictusx
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Invictusx
By Midgardsormr.Invictusx 2009-03-24 21:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta go w/ the TS imps as well, I don't really get aggroed by anything else exp wise.....

EXCEPT THE *** GOB IN YUHTUNGA JUNGLE....I have gone face down many a time because of him
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 21:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think the best part is, when you pull and something links. In those 5secs you have to turn around, run to the party, and try to type out "dont attack the 2nd, zoneing it."

The best part is when the tank decides he can handle both thus starting the mp-spundge cycle. (dont you just love to heal for these kinds of pts)

Thus the Circle of Life, we kill zee mobs, they kill us, we kill them, they kill us, we kill them, etc etc.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-25 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd say Heraldic Imps, HATE THOSE THINGS, any first timer's do the mire will get killed by one atleast without knowing it
 Shiva.Whitejune
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-03-26 22:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the lizzies in the second jungle? Killing mandy's, doing good, killing gobby's still doing good, then someone either mis-targets it or uses an Aoe, dead party.

i feel like it's a tie with pretty much everything in the dunes always see total party wipe outs there but then again maybe there it's not just the mobs killing the party's it's the noobs.

banshees are high up there and the ghouls.

I wonder if party's ever pulled an NM by accident and got wiped by out. killing damselflys in Valkurm and suddenly the damselfly reads VE.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Imps suck, had a gob aggro from above me in the jungle, took him 5 min to get to me, dunno how he kept hate... elementals blow unless your BLM and can rip em open... ya, overzealous BLM who just got that Firaga in the jungles and want to use it make me angry, go kill bees or worms in a lv.1 area if your chomping to use it, otherwise, wait til pt disband and use it to DW
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-26 22:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Died 4 times in a row fighting colibiri as nin/war lvl 55. *** pecking thingamabob that ate my shadows and lack of healing. Ate dirt to much, said *** it, next pull I blew myself to kingdom come, and logged for the day. But that was just one bad exp. I'd say gobs in Jungles. Many a time have I seen some dude thinking he just pulled a mandy (myself included) and lo and behold a gobbie is chasing his *** taking chunks out of the puller. Next thing you know, people are exchanging hate and running for the zone! Good times, but I like the jungle.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 22:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

running into chigoes when you didnt know they popped there
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-03-26 23:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

there was this ls on kujata this guy was kicked from cuz he complained that the linkshell had a complete wipe 7 times in dynamis
 Bismarck.Kenage
Server: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-26 23:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maidak said:
there was this ls on kujata this guy was kicked from cuz he complained that the linkshell had a complete wipe 7 times in dynamis
wow way to waste 500k...

OP: the weapons in sky are close too, every first timer will have his but kick in there due magic/sound agroo.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-26 22:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Faust, you come out the room from the porter then next thing you know you got Faust on ya ***.

but yeah i know its an NM but must be high up there

Ignis Djinn near Pallas (SMN Solo camp).

9,000 DMG Nocturnal Combustion = gtfo. :| My carby has taken a few 12k+ ones there too, when I as at that level. (~65)