Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Gears 3 Beta
Gears 3 Beta
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-15 23:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else playing this?

So far, im liking it a lot more then gears 2. The only thing im not liking is the spawns. Sometimes they will just spawn behind you for no reason and rock you.
 Fenrir.Flamm
Server: Fenrir
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2011-04-15 23:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it came out the 27th? Do you have early access or something?
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
Server: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2011-04-15 23:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the people that bought bulletstorm epic edition got a week of early access, but they only get that week so...
By lilagon 2011-04-15 23:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i bought bulletstorm epic edition how do u have access already?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-15 23:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulletstorm actually starts monday. I bought it too, but not for the beta. Atm its friends and family beta.

And its pretty awesome.
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
Server: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2011-04-15 23:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to play the beta, unlocking the stuff is gunna be cool, complete 90 matches for gold plated retro lancer, AND then get 100 kills to make it carry over to the actual game
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-15 23:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen the retro lancer used? The normal lancer is still the best by far and away.
 Leviathan.Kingregg
Server: Leviathan
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2011-04-16 01:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a sawed off shotty?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-16 01:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, it kinda sucks.

It is pretty much a guaranteed kill if you are close enough to touch them. But if you are any further, it does almost nothing. It only has one shot per clip, and it takes like 10 seconds to reload. Stick with the gnasher.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-18 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this now that the beta is open to bulletstorm.

My thoughts have changed some. The sawed-off works great if you know how to use it.

Anyone else?
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2011-04-28 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man. I was about to post something about this.

I'm loving the GoW 3 beta. Personally favorites are the digger for those campers and the retro lancer. Throw a smoke grenade then run through and shank a ***. Om noms.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-04-28 08:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend played it. I guess he thinks it's okay. He's not really talking about it, lol. Haven't been arsed to get it myself since I've been preoccupied with my PSP lately. I do plan on getting the full version though. Hopefully it's better than the first two since I hated those.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-28 08:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While I am not a huge fan of the GoW series, I do like it, but honestly, outside new weapons, this is still a lot of the same ol, same ol.

Nothing about it really standing out for me to want to play multiplayer a great deal.

Though I guess one can say that about any shooter game, I just mean like, it feels basicly like GoW2 + Weapon Pack.

Cause they added

Retro Lancer (Aka Lancer with Different Melee)
Sawed off (Different Shotgun to have choice with)
Digger Launcher (Pretty cool concept, great to get "hidden players" out)
Incen. Grenades (Fire Grenades woot)
?????? (A heavy weapon I dunno the name its like a huge cannon with a laser like targetting.)
 Cerberus.Lukaan
Server: Cerberus
user: Lukaan
By Cerberus.Lukaan 2011-04-28 09:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

?????? (A heavy weapon I dunno the name its like a huge cannon with a laser like targetting.)

It's called the Oneshot and it does just that... Kills them in one shot. (Regardless of where you hit them.)

You get 3 shots, and you can only shoot once you hear the beep and the aim has steadied.

It's fun, but is easy to avoid due to the loud noise it makes, even when you are far away from it.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-28 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lukaan said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

It's called the Oneshot and it does just that... Kills them in one shot. (Regardless of where you hit them.)

You get 3 shots, and you can only shoot once you hear the beep and the aim has steadied.

It's fun, but is easy to avoid due to the loud noise it makes, even when you are far away from it.

I just seen it in use, but never used it myself, that is why I didn't know the name of it.

But the point I was making was that, so far it just isn't anything beyond GoW2. I am sure new game mode(s) will be a bit more, in the full game, but I think for the Beta, they should of added one of the new game modes to kind of give a taste of whats to come.
 Cerberus.Lukaan
By Cerberus.Lukaan 2011-04-28 09:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Cerberus.Lukaan said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

I just seen it in use, but never used it myself, that is why I didn't know the name of it.

But the point I was making was that, so far it just isn't anything beyond GoW2. I am sure new game mode(s) will be a bit more, in the full game, but I think for the Beta, they should of added one of the new game modes to kind of give a taste of whats to come.

The new Team Deathmatch is really good. You can be an amazing player, but without good teamwork, your team can be owned.

Say for instance, I could survive for a long time, but my team may die so often we run out of respawns. The other team will still have plenty of respawns left and will the be able to rush and defeat me. It's really clever and I like it. I can't say anything else about the King of the Hill mode because I have yet to play it. But I can only imagine it's pretty straightforward.

I'm enjoying it more than GoW2, but GoW1 is still my favourite.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-28 09:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lukaan said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
Cerberus.Lukaan said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

The new Team Deathmatch is really good. You can be an amazing player, but without good teamwork, your team can be owned.

Say for instance, I could survive for a long time, but my team may die so often we run out of respawns. The other team will still have plenty of respawns left and will the be able to rush and defeat me. It's really clever and I like it. I can't say anything else about the King of the Hill mode because I have yet to play it. But I can only imagine it's pretty straightforward.

I'm enjoying it more than GoW2, but GoW1 is still my favourite.

It's suppose to encourage teamwork, seeing as "idiots" keep getting killed and burning the respawn pool, games like CoD and Halo which have Unlimited respawn, encourage the, "One Man Army" Concept, since you dying does not effect your teammate's ability to play (in the sense like no limited lives that are team shared)

I am always a fan of teamwork in team based games, but the downside is that it makes random games (playing with people you dont know) very bad because if they dont have a team mentality (thank you CoD ~.~ ) than they can ruin it for everyone else.
 Cerberus.Lukaan
By Cerberus.Lukaan 2011-04-28 09:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:
It's suppose to encourage teamwork, seeing as "idiots" keep getting killed and burning the respawn pool, games like CoD and Halo which have Unlimited respawn, encourage the, "One Man Army" Concept, since you dying does not effect your teammate's ability to play (in the sense like no limited lives that are team shared)

I am always a fan of teamwork in team based games, but the downside is that it makes random games (playing with people you dont know) very bad because if they dont have a team mentality (thank you CoD ~.~ ) than they can ruin it for everyone else.

I like teamwork too, but I do like to run around and do my own thing. I like the rumble pit in Halo because it's FFA. But I don't play Halo much since making #1 in IGN Top Ten Kills in Halo: Reach in January. I just don't feel like there's much else to do on there now lol.

I just can't wait until CoD fully dies. GoW3 and Battlefield3 should hopefully end that poor excuse of a franchise. There is no skill in CoD.