Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Dragua Strategy as mnk
Dragua Strategy as mnk
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 03:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know a good skillchain to do on Dragua while brewing with Cataclysm?

Yes, I know I can kill it without a brew, but since I can and do get 400-800k Cruor per hour, it is in my interest to brew these. I teamed up with a friend and we take turns brewing. Right now, we can only kill about 4 draguas per brew. We noticed that when SC'd, the extra damage is significant and speeds up the fight greatly.

Have atma of cosmos, ultimate, and beyond for brewing, along with Pluto's staff. At 100tp i'm only doing about 16-20k (eyeball'd, not parsed) per though. Need to know if anyone knows good SC for staff. I tried looking up a calculator and chart, but not updated.

I could go and try to SC by myself, but I figured someone here would know and save me some time.

inb4 someone says "brew less"

Combined me and friend get 700k-1.4m cruor per hour, it isn't time efficient for us to fight them regular. takes 10-15 minutes per kill. Killing 7 will take 1-1.5 hours. Brew takes 20-40 seconds per? lol. I have also pretty much completed everything I care about in Abyssea, outside of more empyreans, so what else are brews used for? have about 4m cruor across accounts and I don't need gil.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 03:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Have atma of cosmos, ultimate, and beyond for brewing, along with Pluto's staff.
smiting blow + griffon's claw
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also instead of trying to use some weak ws to skillchian you could just better brew ws... perhaps even ones that skillchain with themselves
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 04:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I was wondering why other people's damage was 40ish and mine was 15...knew i wasn't that gimp lol. Thx for the input. And for SC? or do 2 of those kill it without SC damage?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 04:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also instead of trying to use some weak ws to skillchian you could just better brew ws... perhaps even ones that skillchain with themselves

Maybe you could not be an asshat and recommend some? You add nothing except clutter to the page...

What is best WS to use on MNK with brew? Please enlighten me oh god of brews
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
Ah, I was wondering why other people's damage was 40ish and mine was 15...knew i wasn't that gimp lol. Thx for the input. And for SC? or do 2 of those kill it without SC damage?
It's more than that. If you were only doing 15k change those atmas out will only bring you to 26k. Perhaps they used trial staffs? Or different mob?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe you could not be an asshat and recommend some? You add nothing except clutter to the page...

What is best WS to use on MNK with brew? Please enlighten me oh god of brews
If you are brewing why do you have to be on mnk? And your friend too for that matter?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 04:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We go in, build time and lights. Then AOE farm for KIs. (hence why i'm mnk and he goes on war). After this we have 7 Dragua and 7 Bennu. We then go and brew dragua (don't proc it, just TH). After this we go and fight bennux7. I am on mnk, and he switches to proc jobs. I kill it solo in 3-4 minutes. profit. If not tired, we farm and kill some more.

Swapping to other jobs for brew/farming/bennu would be a waste of time

Don't tell me you were going to recommend wildfire for brew...yes yes i know its badass. I don't have it tho.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you don't based on your jobs. The other ranged ones aren't actually that far behind but again you don't have them.

On the jobs you do have sanguine blade and cloudsplitter would be the best ws.

And what about his jobs? Or the other 5 holders of KIs if they have cruor... Also is it really faster if you kill more per brew?

And how exactly are you getting 800k an hour? Most decent ones I've been in are maybe 200k
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 04:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And how exactly are you getting 800k an hour? Most decent ones I've been in are maybe 200k
Well he did say combined. W/ 7 pops, I'd assume 7 ppl, 200k each would be 1.4m
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Well he did say combined. W/ 7 pops, I'd assume 7 ppl, 200k each would be 1.4m
Well he said 400-800k an hour and with his friend combined 700k-1.4k so I assumed he meant per character and some fuzzy math
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 04:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 characters. He has 3. It is not faster if you kill more per brew, it is just better lol. Why spend 2 brews to kill 8 pops if you can do it with 1.

The math is 100-200k cruor / hour per character.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as lvl 2 skillchains that end with cata on mnk you can start with earth crusher, shell crusher. Lvl 1s are retribution...

earth crusher is ok.. in fact perfectly geared/atma'd almost as good as cata but of course you wont get geared or really atma'd for it so you'll end up doing about 2/5ths the dmg of your catas which means assuming no resist on an earth ws or a gravitation skillchain against an earth based mob you'd end up doing about the same as if you'd just used 2 cata's
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 04:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 characters. He has 3. It is not faster if you kill more per brew, it is just better lol. Why spend 2 brews to kill 8 pops if you can do it with 1.

These all seperate accounts?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 05:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

I'm confused a little by this question...

I play 4 characters at the same time. Aka "quad-box". He triple boxes (plays 3 at same time).

How else would I be able to add the cruor/hour together?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 05:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Simple logic, man.

7 key dragua key items farmed at a time.

7 characters.

Yea, most of them are mules.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 05:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I have 4 characters. He has 3. It is not faster if you kill more per brew, it is just better lol. Why spend 2 brews to kill 8 pops if you can do it with 1. The math is 100-200k cruor / hour per character.
I'm confused a little by this question...

I play 4 characters at the same time. Aka "quad-box".

He triple boxes (plays 3 at same time). How else would I be able to add the cruor/hour together?
Well I ask because you make it sound like you have to have to have one of your characters on mnk... guess the other ones aren't geared or skilled so they can't be the cleavers while you guys are farming time/lights?

Also you got war could cleave/tank with that.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 05:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tank Bennu on warrior. I might be able to...but i'm not going to lol.

He goes war, i go mnk. its a pretty solid setup because we can both AOE farm. Gets a ***ton of boxes and I don't have to change to fight dragua/bennu. All he has to change for is bennu, but only takes like 40min total to kill all 7

Am i being trolled and fail to realize it? Why is warrior so much better of a brewer than mnk? Am I missing something? If so, its 630 am, i'm tired...that's my excuse
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-04-28 05:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i being trolled and fail to realize it? Why is warrior so much better of a brewer than mnk? Am I missing something? If so, its 630 am, i'm tired...that's my excuse
Sanguine blade maybe?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 05:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh bennu is a ***... anyways so that was a yes to none of your other 3 characters being able to tank or cleave?

Sanguine blade should do about 25% more dmg and cloudsplitter about 50% more.

Well maybe more someone is telling me that tp bonus/+ws dmg trial weapons work offhand which seems weird to me but haven't had time to make one to test it myself
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 05:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Meh bennu is a ***... anyways so that was a yes to none of your other 3 characters being able to tank or cleave?

Sanguine blade should do about 25% more dmg and cloudsplitter about 50% more.

Well maybe more someone is telling me that tp bonus/+ws dmg trial weapons work offhand which seems weird to me but haven't had time to make one to test it myself

Mules are not able to cleave/tank. So sanguine blade does 45k+ and cloudsplitter 60k+? What are the actual number ranges. I'm pretty sure I saw a SS of mnk doing about 40k per cata, next time we go out i'll use those different atmas and see how good it does. You are saying cata caps out at 26k though? So that makes sanguine about 34k and cloud 40ish? Hmmm
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-28 05:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Highest I've seen on cata is from Kirschy's screen shot of 34k and I believe her saying her average was around 28k, but she did it as mnk/blm, not /war
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 06:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The actual "caps" for those ws are actually much higher. That being said almost all abyssea nms take reduced dmg from magic or magical ws. I'm just saying comparatively SB should do about 25% more when brewing and cloudsplitter should do 50% more at 100% tp.

This is just based on the ws stats and atmas. Not special gearing outside of the weapon or jas/jts. If you want to get into it more fencer would help cloudsplitter dmg even more.

As far as caps go at 100% tp with best atmas and darkstaff should be able to hit 42-45k on trash mobs with cata. 55-60k with SB and about 70-75k factoring in fencer on mobs that don't take reduced dmg.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-28 07:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So for Sanguine blade i'm guessing Cosmos, Ultimate, Beyond and all the MAB gear you can get? Wiki lists the FTP as static, so only thing that affects it would be MAB and darkness attack +? I'll have him try this next time, see if we can get anything really good. But at 26k per weaponskill, i'd say mnk staff will be good enough. Esp if having the thief mule do cyclone > cata. took dragua to 46% health after only 1 weaponskill
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-28 07:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

replace beyond with banisher
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-28 14:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Have your mules do cyclone before each cat. The first cata will to 70% of the damage and the second will finish it . 8 per brew. Facepalm on aoe farming KI.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-28 14:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly do you get 200k cruor per hour? Is that just mass pulling and aoe farming?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruor farming
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-28 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I died to this dude last night on NIN/WAR after I warped back to HP cuz I was MNK/WAR ~_~; thought this dude was gonna be like Smok so I decided to come NIN instead but I was clearly underrating his power level O_o;;

MNK/NIN + WHM on this dude is np tho, but he can still get hairy when a high-tier version gets spawned x_x;

>.>
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12