users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-11 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With this month's Game Informer, the Dam blocking information has broken, and a proverbial torrent of awesome sweeps through the valley of nerdom.

Synopsis:

*No Multiplayer
*More RPG than Mass Effect 2, More Shooter than Mass Effect 1
*Reapers!
*All classes can use All weapons, but Certain classes have more "Weapon Slots" than others. IE Soldier gets five, Adept Gets two.
*Cerberus Returns, but falls back into old habits of trying to kill Shepard, for undisclosed reasons.

I desire moar!

With Skyrim coming out in the same window, it looks to be an orgasmic fourth quarter this year for RPG fans.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-04-11 10:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

*No Multiplayer

Thank god...too much forced, tacked-on multiplayer ***these days. Takes away from the emphasis on story. I've got two different ME2 saves ready to go when this comes out, a female Renegade Shepard and a male Paragon one. Can't wait to see the resolution(s)!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-11 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The trailer for it made me foam at the mouth.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-11 10:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

*No Multiplayer

Thank god...too much forced, tacked-on multiplayer ***these days. Takes away from the emphasis on story. I've got two different ME2 saves ready to go when this comes out, a female Renegade Shepard and a male Paragon one. Can't wait to see the resolution(s)!

I agree and I need to replay it before it comes out because some of my chars died and I don't want them to >_>
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-11 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

*No Multiplayer

I generally can't stand multiplayer components, well, specifically Online Multiplayer. I really only like playing with friends, since anon *** and cheaters plague online competitive games. But moreso, in Single-player games, like Bioshock, taping some shitty multiplayer elements on basically ruins the experience. Everyone is trying to create the next "Call of Duty" just like all MMO devs are trying to create the next "WoW" but it's not going to happen. They need to *** off and stop trying.

When my ecksbawks tanked, I lost my saves in a wierd way. I actually still have them on my MU, but the new Xbox360 Slims do not have MU capability. I guess I'll just have to play 1 and 2 over again, that's not that big of a deal.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-11 11:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to play 2 without my ME1 save because I was a retard and didn't know how to import my save lol. That and I didn't have it because I changed computers and didn't bother to save most of my things. Not a huge deal really, Wrex was dead instead of alive and a few other tiny things but nothing major.
 Shiva.Mackstrife
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-11 11:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

*No Multiplayer

I agree and I need to replay it before it comes out because some of my chars died and I don't want them to >_>

Just do all of the loyalty missions and no one will die unless you pick them for a job on the suicide mission that is better suited for other characters.
By D3AFN3SS1337 2011-04-11 11:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like what I'm hearing.

One thing I noticed is that Tali isn't mentioned as a squadmate, yet everyone else from ME1 is.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-11 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

D3AFN3SS1337 said:
I really like what I'm hearing.

One thing I noticed is that Tali isn't mentioned as a squadmate, yet everyone else from ME1 is.

Tali had some pretty heavy ***go down, and a very different story outcome, more so than anyone else I think, aside from people who die.

Tali could either return to the Flotilla, or be banished, so they probably don't want to confirm either right now.

It was odd seeing Garrus already confirmed. Though I'm glad, he tends to be my favorite support character, I am pretty sure, in order for Garrus to die, the entire team has to, so he was pretty much hard-locked in as a cannon survivor. He can literally hold-the-line at the end of the game alone. Tough as nails that Turian.
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2011-04-16 13:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like Mass Effect 2, the choices you made earlier really don't count for much. Oh wow, that guy sent me an email or that lady told me about how I saved that alien race on Noveria. Gee, thanks Bioware.

If only all games could be like Alpha Protocal with that sort of thing. Oh well.