Goldsmithing 87 - 100 In 2011?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing 87 - 100 in 2011?
Goldsmithing 87 - 100 in 2011?
By haya 2011-04-09 00:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I would like to finish leveling my goldsmithing to 100 and I notice most sites are missing quite a few recipes these days. I was curious if anyone had recently finished getting their goldsmithing up that could share what recipes they used to get there.

I know most of the synths will be a loss but I am trying to find a recipe that minimizes my losses and has readily available ingredients. I also know leveling my goldsmithing right now is a waste of time etc etc I can make more money killing Leaping Lizzy... etc. I just want to do it and would appreciate any input available on which recipes others in a similar situation have used.

Thank you in advance!
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 01:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Without synergy ya it's more of a waste of money than a money maker. However since most the pure goldsmithing stuff has been so devalued alot of the recipes are much cheaper... haven't really looked into it much though. Probably should since I'm still 97

Also wiki should have all the recipes. Though they have been very lax in updating synergy stuff... but SE releases all that in the update info for awhile now
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-09 01:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I took mine to 98 many years ago, and it was ridiculously expensive (as I'm sure you know). I stopped at 98 because the only thing to synth that wasnt an insane profit loss was the lv74 rings, which require two orichalcum ingots, and at the time cost like 300k a piece. Add that to the ~100k it cost to make an elemental bead, and you were looking at like 700k per synth (and that assumed you didnt break, or HQ the orichalcum ring into a dead-end synth Triton).

Today, however, the 98 to 100 stretch is a total joke. Orichalcum ingots come from everywhere inside abyssea, and so do the elemental beads. It's to the point where you'll lose minimal gil just selling the lv74 rings you synth to a NPC.

I'd imagine it's similar for a lot of levels between 80 and 100. your 90-95 stretch with Platinum ingots and the tier 3 gems (like rubies, sapphires, etc) are all common drops inside Abyssea as well, so their prices should be real low too.

It's never been a better time to level Goldsmithing
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 02:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
It's never been a better time to level Goldsmithing
Well it was better back when it made money on some of the skillup crafts...

But yeah other than that... it's also never been a more useless time to do so. Outside of synergy recipes with it hardly any of that stuff gets bought. And even then it's not that common... maybe once we hit 99 cap and people start investing it in cause they wont be thinking well if I wait till next update there will be rings/earrings with another +1 to stats on them for even cheaper...
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-09 02:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah maybe I should have said there's never been a cheaper time to level goldsmithing.

and yeah, the majority of the mass profit synths goldsmithers were privy to back in the day simply do not exist anymore. But that's not to say there isnt profit anymore, because there is, and even more so if you combine it with synergy.

But I wouldnt level Goldsmithing (or any craft for that matter) with tons of profit in mind. Mass profits just dont exist anymore in crafting.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 02:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I stick to fishing for my profits lol. That reminds me I need to recap my synergy.
By haya 2011-04-14 08:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have checked just about everywhere and no site seems to have an up to date recipe list. Is there a site any of you know about that has everything? Also I am still looking for recipe suggestions for 87-100. The couple recipes I have found have ingredients that are never on the AH and hard to farm solo. Any thoughts?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-26 01:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got 100 tonight.

Lets see, you go Orichalcum Ingot, Cursed Crown, Muscle Belt, Oricalchum Ring, Diamond Ring, Orichalcum Scythe, Cursed Schaller, Verdun, Snow Ring.

I also made 8 elemental lamps which cost a bit of money but were an extra 16 synths at lvl 98.

Have fun!
By Hsieh 2011-05-26 02:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest to cap by doing elemental rings or star rings.
muscle belts -> hq 3 gem rings -> star/elemental rings

can do scintillant ingots if lumnious ores in stock.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-26 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on Cerberus, I have an extra 25 Oricalcum rings to unload. I'm sellin em at the cost of the materials.
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-05-26 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said:
Cursed Crown, Muscle Belt, Oricalchum Ring, Diamond Ring, Orichalcum Scythe, Cursed Schaller, Verdun, Snow Ring.

Or, if you haven't been slacking and have your apron, glasses, maybe your stall or another GP furniture piece, you can pretty easily go from ori ingot cap straight into elemental rings. Use support at first of course and do your synths on earthsday with a fullish moon if you want to avoid breaks, but 89 + 6 (3 from gear/MH, 3 from support) is not such a reach for a level 102 recipe.

I've been spamming (well, "spamming" = 3-5 synths per day in this case) ele rings for the past 4 or 5 months and have gone from 90ish to 98.9 in that time with little difficulty. The ridiculously low cost of materials for ele rings (compared to a year ago) means that even when you break it's not all that painful. Some of the rings are even still a little profitable depending on how picky you are on getting your ori ingots cheap.

Make sure you check the sale price and rate of all of the ele rings. On Sylph, I've been doing mostly soil, breeze and aqua, but just checked the snow ring, and it seems like it's worth doing again too. It's a lot easier to move your merch and make more when you're selling one of each type than holding a backlog of 5 of one kind.

Scintillant ingots are good too - but watch out. The price has been bouncing all over the place on these things (at least on Sylph). I got burned for some 500k on a couple of ingots that failed to sell repeatedly while the price plummeted. Just make and sell them individually so you don't get screwed by a backlog of ingots to sell and they should be fine.
By haya 2011-06-13 14:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the help :) I am currently sitting at 95 and climbing. I have done a wide range of recipes from 87 to 95 mainly due to AH supply and to prevent flooding the market on any 1 synth. One of the main synths I did was Orich. Rings so I could use them now for Star Rings then Elemental Rings but I just ran out >.> So I have been making a few orich. rings a day when I can get cheap ingots then synthing them into star rings for the most part. My server I can get most of my gil back with star rings where as most ele rings people are selling for at or below npc price...

So my plan to finish is just spamming star rings then when that caps switching to ele rings. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-13 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zefyr said:
Cerberus.Wojo said:
Cursed Crown, Muscle Belt, Oricalchum Ring, Diamond Ring, Orichalcum Scythe, Cursed Schaller, Verdun, Snow Ring.
Or, if you haven't been slacking and have your apron, glasses, maybe your stall or another GP furniture piece, you can pretty easily go from ori ingot cap straight into elemental rings. Use support at first of course and do your synths on earthsday with a fullish moon if you want to avoid breaks, but 89 + 6 (3 from gear/MH, 3 from support) is not such a reach for a level 102 recipe.

Stall + Two GP Items is a +5 to skill.
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-06-13 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Sylph.Zefyr said:
Cerberus.Wojo said:

Stall + Two GP Items is a +5 to skill.

Yeah, but I was assuming someone skilling up isn't likely to already have the stall +2 GP items. I just hit 100 a couple days ago, and while I do have the stall, I don't have either of the GP items yet.

haya said:
and to prevent flooding the market on any 1 synth

Probably smart. I'm happy to be done, but I got impatient at the end and am now sitting on ~20 ele rings cycling through my d.box that it's going to take a few weeks to finish offloading.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-13 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I havn't done any testing on this but one of the recent photo's claims the Stall alone is +4 to skill (which makes sense to me). I wish I would've tested this when I was 88. I could've tried a lvl102 synth with my apron, then apron +gloves, then no gear with Adv. Support (+3 making my skill 91 so the max you could attempt to synth would be 101 correct?) And then no gear with just the stall KI to see if it worked.

...To bad I dinged 90 and don't know of any synths @104 Woodworking. But someone broke the 51 lvlcap on a synth with the Stall that needed 4 lvls to do that. Just sharing.
 Sylph.Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-06-13 16:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, stall is +4 by itself? Last time I read up on this stuff, stall by itself wasn't well understood yet. That's pretty hax. Makes it really hard to want to put together the 350k GP for those two items unless you actually need it for HQing some high level synth.