Q_Q
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-10 22:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Well really DRG had always been popular post ToAU thanks to the piercing weakness on Lolibri. I just didn't find out until 2009...

the reason why samurai was the end-all be-all job for three years straight (the third year not accounted for being 07 ofc)

granted, bandwagon samurai didn't even know about it, but regardless, sam could and would crush drg with its' own combat skill

DEM GOOD OLD DAYS, dem good old days
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-10 22:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

well he said it was popular, not that it was best dd evar. although i would say that sam was still more popular than drg during toau meriting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-05-10 22:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
well he said it was popular, not that it was best dd evar. although i would say that sam was still more popular than drg during toau meriting.

Which is fine, except in 09 I was leveling Monk...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-10 22:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:

a melee job being the best available during the time is typically the standpoint of it being a/the bandwagon, hence my "bold" input per se there

don't recall people ever legitimately bandwagoning pup, now do you
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-11 00:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing really to Q_Q ..just tried Ballista for the first time and got high scorer and a cute title :D

Guess I will Q_Q that people don't want to do this more often!!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-11 00:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

a melee job being the best available during the time is typically the standpoint of it being a/the bandwagon, hence my "bold" input per se there

don't recall people ever legitimately bandwagoning pup, now do you
they still got kenkoken which is pretty broken.

iirc you cant bandwagon pup without 20 mil, and alot of people that play it are gimp and/or broke thus came lolpup.

they had some incredible gear pre/post abyssea.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 00:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so proud of this thread evolving into an ALL JOBS Q_Q

I feel like Q_Qing just out of the emotion!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-05-11 01:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Well really DRG had always been popular post ToAU thanks to the piercing weakness on Lolibri. I just didn't find out until 2009...
granted, bandwagon samurai didn't even know about it, but regardless, sam could and would crush drg with its' own combat skill

DEM GOOD OLD DAYS, dem good old days
And those days are over, thankfully. Ryunohige Dragoon has the highest damage potential these days, iirc.

Too bad I'll never have one unless I win bonanza! Q_Q
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-11 01:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-11 01:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said:
Get one.

10% haste AM and 800-1k+ drain back to your hp per Catastrophe. Then you can't say lolDRK ;)

I can vouch for that :)

But even if you have that, you're just the leader of the LOLDRK fan club.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 02:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Nothing really to Q_Q ..just tried Ballista for the first time and got high scorer and a cute title :D

i haven't played ballista in over eight months, so sad atm just reminiscing about it :(:(:(

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
they had some incredible gear pre/post abyssea.

you weren't even playing the game back when magic mortar actually meant something for two days, literally

Odin.Sheelay said:
I'm so proud of this thread evolving into an ALL JOBS Q_Q

I feel like Q_Qing just out of the emotion!

i couldn't resist after i saw that delicious initial post vouching for apocalypse over even caladbold basically, and it evolved from there thanks to minhacao/adze being largely entertaining otherwise in-between windows

Ragnarok.Raenil said:
Ukonvasara Warrior demands you to kneel before the-

ftfy, unless you prefer matt barlow

then that

if you haven't figured it out, i just got back from thor, so i'm kind of all over that song atm (even though the lyrics reference zeus)
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-11 02:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i haven't played ballista in over eight months, so sad atm just reminiscing about it :(:(:(

I am bringing it back :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also got my D hat and lolPLD coat in dynamis as a trio so YAY

umm
Q_Q cuz i need to go to bed now <3
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-11 02:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

they should somehow merge diorama/abdhaljs across all servers and allow it to be open server-wide, since the only people that i've ever met that actually enjoyed ballista either quit, jumped ship to fenrir/siren or just don't outright bother anymore since it'd be us against one-another, and we all know eachothers' bags of tricks, so it gets stale super fast

i'm still baffled at dynamis relic drop rates; not entirely in a bad way, but at least now everyone can look past the aggravation of waiting rather unnecessary years for a chapeau (and to a lesser extent, armlets)

and bye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:::::::::::::::((((((((((((((((((((((((
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-11 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista onry server please.

That way the people that say "I'm the best person around" blah blah can shut up and move.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 15:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And now that they raised the Crit Rate and Crit Dmg cap at 100%, NOW, more than ever, SE WHY U NO GIVE DRK A CRIT WS D: !!!!

>>SE: But we just gave you oneiros rope so you can TP harder without TPing, you no like?
 Phoenix.Archeim
Server: Phoenix
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2011-05-11 15:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night my level 48 drk went and used last resort, soul eater and blood weapon with my scythe and last resort lasted more than 2 swings, and i actually didnt die!

It's a christmas miracle!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
And now that they raised the Crit Rate and Crit Dmg cap at 100%, NOW, more than ever, SE WHY U NO GIVE DRK A CRIT WS D: !!!!
We have one but it sucks Q_Q
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2011-05-11 15:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I would laugh a loud cartoon villain laugh if Square were to throw in a random ninja-tweak to Vorpal Scythe and make it totally boss
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I would laugh a loud cartoon villain laugh if Square were to throw in a random ninja-tweak to Vorpal Scythe and make it totally boss
Guillotine would probably still be better anyways, given realistic expectations D:
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-11 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

wait you mean that's not what i'm supposed to be using D:
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 15:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Dual Wield Axes and Rampage spam. You heard it here first. It's the new old DRK renewed!!!
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-11 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Brenner is more fun imo.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 15:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Dual Wield Axes and Rampage spam. You heard it here first. It's the new old DRK renewed!!!
I actually wasn't impressed with what I saw from a DRK doing that in an EXP party in Konschtat. They were only doing around the low 2K's and geared pretty good for it too.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 15:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I actually wasn't impressed with what I saw from a DRK doing that in an EXP party in Konschtat. They were only doing around the low 2K's and geared pretty good for it too.

Gotta factor in the new, extended LR (moar high speed DoT) and the increased Crit dmg cap.

With Soul Eater active you should see numbers past 4k (that's what I was doing in December). Slap on Razed Ruins, Sanguine Scythe, Apocalypse Atmas, add in the increased DoT from DB extended duration and voila' ?

Idk, I'm half kidding and half not.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 16:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Gotta factor in the new extended LR (moar high speed DoT) and the increased Crit dmg cap.

With Soul Eater active you should see numbers past 4k (that's what I was doing in December). Slap on Razed Ruins, Sanguine Scythe, Apocalypse Atmas, add in the increased DoT from DB extended duration and voila' ?

Idk, I'm half kidding and half not.
Heh, This was before the update <_<
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 16:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You may be up for a surprise then, hr hr hr >:3
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
You may be up for a surprise then, hr hr hr >:3
I dunno, yesterday I was out doing Dominion Ops (1, 2, 3, and 6 at first, then 3 afterward specifically) for Atma of the Ducal Guard and I noticed my guillotines were spiking higher. Occasionally the 3K range and a 4K at one point. Used VV/Stout Arm/Apoc for this too, WS gear set (sue me for not having a Twilight Mail):

(inb4 eyeballing no parser etc)
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-05-11 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, please, we need more Q_Q!
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-11 22:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Brenner is more fun imo.
I cant brenner you I love u to much cupcake.