Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Parazonium+2
Parazonium+2
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

which of the 3 is the best in your opinion? and why? i am currenty in the process of camping the earlier nm's for this trial and have not decided which one is best >> (i assume everyone knows i am thief)
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 12:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the parazoniums are particularly good for thf, you'd be much better off with a twilight knife/triplus dagger
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-04-07 12:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If those aren't any option... either go with the 2-4 or Double Attack. 2-4 is decent for TP gain. Double attack as well, but can also happen during WS. Anyways, hope that helps.
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
None of the parazoniums are particularly good for thf, you'd be much better off with a twilight knife/triplus dagger
ive heard the rate at which the quadruple attack effects is pretty bunk
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
If those aren't any option... either go with the 2-4 or Double Attack. 2-4 is decent for TP gain. Double attack as well, but can also happen during WS. Anyways, hope that helps.

The problem is that double attack is severely devalued due to the high triple attack you can get on thf (35%+ in abyssea). The 2-4 is also devalued by your TA and DA, and will give you lower TP phase DPS, while feeding large amounts of TP to whatever you are fighting.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 12:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
ive heard the rate at which the quadruple attack effects is pretty bunk

The quadruple attack is 3%, as stated on the dagger. Triplus is generally accepted as the best offhand dagger available. Twilight is a nice main hand dagger. StrKila+2/Daka+2/Twashtar/Mandau are the best main hands for DPS.
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 12:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

what about Auric is that not good to use?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 12:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:
what about Auric is that not good to use?
Good for subtle blow, otherwise it falls below twilight/triplus.
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 12:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so assuming you had a Twashtar Twilight STRkila Triplus etc. Would you want to main hand the Twashtar even if you didn't intend to use the rudra's storm ws? and in this case would you still want to offhand triplus or maybe twilight?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:
so assuming you had a Twashtar Twilight STRkila Triplus etc. Would you want to main hand the Twashtar even if you didn't intend to use the rudra's storm ws? and in this case would you still want to offhand triplus or maybe twilight?

Not sure why you would even consider not mainhanding the twashtar, it has a higher base damage which means higher WS damage, reglardless of which WS you use.

Anyways, Twashtar/triplus would be optimal.
[+]
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 13:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for all the help. I have one last question if you will.. i see to spawn the NM that drops the triplus it says:

Requires that Kur's influence be at 100% for the ??? to spawn.

i understand Kur is another NM in the area but i do not understand how the influence is determined or controlled. Also if there is a way to know what the influence is at any given time?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-07 13:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:
ok thanks for all the help. I have one last question if you will.. i see to spawn the NM that drops the triplus it says:

i understand Kur is another NM in the area but i do not understand how the influence is determined or controlled. Also if there is a way to know what the influence is at any given time?

Influence is increased by killing the NM multiple times. It is most likely at 100% anyways without you needing to kill it. You can check the influence at the dominion NPC at conflux 1
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-07 13:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Evangelist said:

For what it's worth, my default dagger combo is Daka +2/STR Kila +2 (even when I won't be using Rudra's that much).

Depending on what I'm doing, I also have access to two AGI Kilas +2, a DEX Kila +2, Twilight Knife, Rapidus Sax (although I put this in storage recently), and an OA2-4 Parazonium +2.

EDIT: I very rarely use the Parazonium +2, and if I do, it's usually on DNC (and even then, I almost never use it). It's best use, that I've seen thus far, is gaining TP to spam Aeolian Edge,
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 13:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Evangelist said:

Influence is increased by killing the NM multiple times. It is most likely at 100% anyways without you needing to kill it. You can check the influence at the dominion NPC at conflux 1
thank you again.