Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » PSN is down due to hackers
PSN is down due to hackers
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 02:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, Anonymous thought it would be 'cool beans' to take down the PSN to attack Sony for suing Geohot and Graf_Chokolo for cracking the PS3 open and making it able to reinstall linux and essentially pirate games.

So Anonymous being the infernal dickwads they are decide to take down the PSN.

This is hurting no-one but the gamers, you're not hurting Sony much there. They've already said it's 'maintenance'.

Anyone else getting really sick of Anonymous?

And before anyone thinks that Anonymous = 4chan, it doesn't. Most people on 4chan really hate 'Anonymous' for making a mockery of the lulz they used to spread.

Anonymous said:
Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

What

Complete

Tools
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 02:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I mad.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-04-07 02:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

december 1999 called, they want their Y2K back
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-04-07 02:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many newfags.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-04-07 02:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Too many newfags.

Hi :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 02:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many newfags.
The whole Anonymous thing is a joke anyway. They leeched onto the whole Scientology thing and thought that made them *** 'white knights' or 'heroes for the people'

Well herp the *** derp Anonymous, the only people you're hurting here is the gamer.

Gamers should be the LAST group that hackers go after.

Alienate some more allies, why don't you.

The whole Guy fawkes mask persona they pull is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE too. A good hacker or group of hackers wouldn't feel the need to basically attention ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-07 03:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lolps3
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-04-07 03:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup this is just more efg in action. I'm surprised /v/ isn't in more of an uproar about it though.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 03:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cerelyn said:
lolps3

Thank you for your groundbreaking and unique response.

Yup this is just more efg in action. I'm surprised /v/ isn't in more of an uproar about it though.

Kinda surprised about that too, but then since when has anyone on /v/ played vidya? lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-07 03:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

funny thing is i was just thinking "hmmm i think imma get a ps3 with my tax return! oh look psn got hacked >.>"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 03:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lookee here, it looks like Anon have finally realised they were wrong:

Anonymous said:

"We realize that targeting the PSN is not a good idea. We have therefore temporarily suspended our action, until a method is found that will not severely impact Sony customers."
"Anonymous is on your side, standing up for your rights. We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony. This attack is aimed solely at Sony, and we will try our best to not affect the gamers, as this would defeat the purpose of our actions. If we did inconvenience users, please know that this was not our goal."
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-07 03:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So yeah, Anonymous thought it would be 'cool beans' to take down the PSN to attack Sony for suing Geohot and Graf_Chokolo for cracking the PS3 open and making it able to reinstall linux and essentially pirate games.

So Anonymous being the infernal dickwads they are decide to take down the PSN.

This is hurting no-one but the gamers, you're not hurting Sony much there. They've already said it's 'maintenance'.

Anyone else getting really sick of Anonymous?

And before anyone thinks that Anonymous = 4chan, it doesn't. Most people on 4chan really hate 'Anonymous' for making a mockery of the lulz they used to spread.

Anonymous said:
Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

What

Complete

Tools
Can't fix stupid!~
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-07 03:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
funny thing is i was just thinking "hmmm i think imma get a ps3 with my tax return! oh look psn got hacked >.>"
better do your taxes quick like, bout to have a total govt. shutdown here in a couple days, and that means they are holding income tax refunds... basically no money going out from the federalies
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-07 03:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:
better do your taxes quick like, bout to have a total govt. shutdown here in a couple days, and that means they are holding income tax refunds... basically no money going out from the federalies
i just got my return today XD ...well yesterday evening. thank god i did them early >.>;

and lol good to hear they realized that was a stupid thing to do
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 03:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Eventually what looked like an internet revolution turns into a bunch of derpy *** kids thinking their entitled to all their free toys, and when mommy and daddy take them away they cry.

When we pirate, we know it's not legal and we know it's not supposed to happen. Bitching because you get shut down is just sad. lol

Yup. Add to the fact that he knew cracking the PS3 open was going to have adverse effects.

It winds me up.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 03:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most 'black hats' are attention ***, true.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-04-07 03:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

makes me wonder if xboxlive is vulnerable as well. i dont know if it is or isnt, but part of me thinks that m$ claims of it being impossible is bull
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-04-07 03:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Microsoft servers are just like any other servers, man made, full of human errors, and vulnerable.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 03:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Microsoft servers are just like any other servers, man made, full of human errors, and vulnerable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-04-07 03:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said:
december 1999 called, they want their Y2K back
[+]
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-04-07 03:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

huzzah then... but that confirms my worst fears -_- 3/7 times i saw the nukes in modern warfare 2 were from people that used some hack/cheat thingy. because they joined the match and countdown begun automatically
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-04-07 04:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
huzzah then... but that confirms my worst fears -_- 3/7 times i saw the nukes in modern warfare 2 were from people that used some hack/cheat thingy. because they joined the match and countdown begun automatically
i heard they fixed the mw2 servers or are they still hacked to ***?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-07 04:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I know why I kept being disconnected and PS Store was slow as ***. These little *** need to stop this *** already, it's so annoying. Also need to get rid of the Guy Fawkes masks.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-07 04:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a second, this has been going on for 3 days now?

This was what came up when I Googled "PSN down" and it was posted 3 days ago.
 Cerberus.Thejew
Server: Cerberus
user: Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2011-04-07 05:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wake up to not be able to do anything. Yay, thanks Anonymous. :|
NO homefront or MvC3 ;;
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-04-07 06:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Flion, what were you playing on PS3?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-07 06:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering why my PSN was acting dumb

Gotta love internet retards who decide to pull stunts like this because one person didn't get what they wanted.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 06:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Hi Flion, what were you playing on PS3?
Me? I was playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood online and I was considering buying MVC3 seeing as I liked the old one ages ago lol.

I was trying to browse the store though mainly :o
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5