Double 100 Crafts?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Double 100 Crafts?
Double 100 Crafts?
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-04-05 19:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE FFXI Forums linky

For the lazy, from the forums....
Quote:
Craft Skill Limitations

Hello!

In an effort to enhance future development, we would like to gather some feedback from all of the crafters in Vana’diel in regards to the below. We encourage you to discuss this with your fellow players and provide feedback on the direction we’re contemplating.

As you are aware, there is a limit for craft skills where once you reach skill level 60, you are limited to 40 more levels to distribute amongst the other eight crafts (excluding fishing). As such, the system only allows you to be able to reach 100 if you gain all 40 skill levels in one craft, or you can raise two crafts to 80 if you gain 20 levels in two different crafts.

For the future expansion of synthesis and synergy, we’re looking into raising the skill level limitation from 40 to 80 during the next version update. Once this change takes place, you will then be able to have two crafts leveled to 100.

Since this change would alter the core of the crafting system, before serious development discussions begin we would like to hear feedback from all of our hardcore crafters.

The main points of adjustments beginning from the next version update and on are listed below:

* Raise the 40 skills levels that can be distributed when a skill reaches 60 to 80. (Makes possible the ability to level two skills to 100)
* For the next version update “Revoking Craftsmanship Status” will remain the same as original (Bringing your skill down to 60). For future version updates we plan on making adjustments so that the system allows you to decide which craft skill you would like craftsmanship revoked.
* Additionally for future adjustments we are thinking about increasing the levels further beyond 80.

This will be extremely advantageous for synergy, however, due to the fact that these changes would likely cause the number of players with skills at level 100 to increase significantly, there might be some concerns in regards to how the balance of supply and demand are affected.

After collecting your feedback for about a week, we’ll examine it closely with the development and operations teams after which we plan on working on this after the next version update. In order for us to improve the synthesis and synergy systems of FFXI please leave as much feedback as possible!

Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-05 19:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing/Synergy + Base craft is the only way.
By Kikorimo 2011-04-05 19:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Most hardcore crafters I know already have multiple 100 skills due to skilling crafts on alternate characters... the really big change would be said people having the skill on one character instead of spread out across multiple characters. Just my 2 gil...
[+]
 Sylph.Shinobu
Server: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2011-04-05 19:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an HQ thing, not just 100 lvl crafters.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-05 19:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People still craft?!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-05 20:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
People still craft?!?
yea that's kinda a problem :/ i like this but... crafting needs to be revived for this to be really helpful, otherwise its just saying "now you can solo synergy better"
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-05 20:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
People still craft?!?
yea that's kinda a problem :/ i like this but... crafting needs to be revived for this to be really helpful, otherwise its just saying "now you can solo synergy better"
Not just better. Some recipes require 2 high lvl crafts.

And there is the whole lower cost to just have it one on character instead of 2 and still lvling your subs
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-05 20:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what the crafters as a whole are gonna say about this (like or dislike).
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-05 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This.......is cool I guess. It really will only destroy consumables even more because now one person can have the 100s required to make all the stuff(with the t3 hqs) on the same character, but then, people have crafting mules anyway (I do for bonecraft).

Kinda makes me a little sad that I wasted time lvling a mule then. But, I doubt many new people are going to level crafting, so I take this as a nice update. Also, even people who have burned crafts to 100 sometimes don't know ***on how to make money with it, so there's always that advantage. I've always wanted 100 woodworking but too lazy to make a mule, now I can do it on main for rng ammo!
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-04-05 20:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing more competition in whatever markets crafters already have established, but more opportunities for said crafters in another field? I have mixed feelings, but having another 100 craft for personal use, at the least, sounds nice.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-05 20:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even sure what other one I will lvl.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-05 20:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aena said:
I'm guessing more competition in whatever markets crafters already have established, but more opportunities for said crafters in another field? I have mixed feelings, but having another 100 craft for personal use, at the least, sounds nice.

That's what I initially thought, but people in general are very lazy, and it does take a while to get a skill up to 100 because it can be fairly boring. Crafting days are kind of over imo, and I don't see new people bringing up 100 crafts, only already seasoned crafters leveling an extra craft that they might want to level without making a mule and paying more money, like woodworking/alchemy/cooking for their own consumable needs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-06 16:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
And this is announced the week after I make another mule for smithing when Im already 60 /sigh *** sakes lol
Seems like something else that should have been done years ago that they are finally doing.

..It's like the Avatar Hall of Fame!
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-04-06 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see this affecting the balance of the game too detrimentally. I think the worst thing that will happen is the consumable markets could conceivably crash. which would make the void-of-any-crafting-talent types rejoice in the bottomed out prices and the crafters cry sacrilege. goodbye sweet sweet ammo market! but i think that would be a hyper worst case. i think realistically the consumable market might return to its pre-abyssea prices. i know the consumable market has had steady inflation since the first level cap on phoenix. so this might be the thing that actually BRINGS balance in that aspect.

but seriously i doubt anyone who wasnt into crafting before is going to jump into it now and everyone with 100 crafts are obviously addicted or at some point in their ffxi were addicted to crafting and will level another craft. I think im going to do bonecraft to 100 to compliment my woodworking so i dont have to pay people to make high level materials for me anymore. so this is just one more thing to keep us busy for a while. i am excited about it. and gogo smaller synergy parties.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-04-06 17:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they could actually work on synergy more and make it more attractive and useful.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-04-06 17:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting is still a gil/ time sink. Granted the prices of materials have crashed somewhat but people are still lazy. I'll wager that less people rather than more will take advantage of the opportunity...

As is, now I'm debating whether to level smithing, goldsmithing or leathercraft if they make this a reality.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-04-06 18:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i would love this. the only off putting thing.. i would need to make space for a 3rd stall in my MH >.>
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-04-06 23:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll probably introduce new recipes that require the right combination of two crafts to be leveled. So while you've been competing with all the other level 100 woodworkers out there for years, most of those will now be 100 wood and leather, while you chose to be wood and goldsmithing, making you the only person on your server capable of making new item X.

Perhaps.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-07 03:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
This.......is cool I guess. It really will only destroy consumables even more because now one person can have the 100s required to make all the stuff(with the t3 hqs) on the same character, but then, people have crafting mules anyway (I do for bonecraft).

Kinda makes me a little sad that I wasted time lvling a mule then. But, I doubt many new people are going to level crafting, so I take this as a nice update. Also, even people who have burned crafts to 100 sometimes don't know ***on how to make money with it, so there's always that advantage. I've always wanted 100 woodworking but too lazy to make a mule, now I can do it on main for rng ammo!
If you level 100 WW I'll so level synergy and we can make some cheap ammo!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-07 03:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:

Tbh I need someone with like 80+ smithing, and maybe clothcraft, if my friend deactivates his mule acct he got (with 80~ cloth).
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-07 03:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:

Tbh I need someone with like 80+ smithing, and maybe clothcraft, if my friend deactivates his mule acct he got (with 80~ cloth).
Hmmmmm. How much of a gilsink is smithing nowadays? i heard it was pretty bad a few years ago. I might start it up once I finish Gandiva, I have like no inventory space left. 43/50 on the wings and 9/50 on discharges =/
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-04-07 04:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

epic beyond belief.

some of the greatest news I've heard since they updated Salvage.