Personal Beast Companion! (Long Read!)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Personal Beast Companion! (Long Read!)
Personal Beast Companion! (Long Read!)
First Page 2
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-02 10:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

(To Clarify, this is for Beastmasters only, Not for all Players!)
Hope you enjoy the Read, I'm very open to ideas/Suggestions. Maybe get past the first sentence? I posted it over at the Official Forums, But I probably wouldn't get a lot of Criticism there, You guys would be more Objective on the Idea as well. Hope you like it, Or if not, At least tell me why you hate it.

Basics of the Personal Pet: Obtaining
should come maybe 75+ to keep it powerful. The Quest would involve you finding a Beast-egg (The Quest would take you to specific Locations based on the Pet you chose to raise) and Bringing it back to Brutus. Of which you could raise it like a Chocobo (For about 15 Days) Til a Certain point.

(Note!: The Pets below will all be about as Powerful as Jug pets before Training. They will have Similar HP/Atk/Acc/Etc As a Normal Summoned Jug pet I.E: The Roc pet would be about as Strong as Dipper-Yuly before abilities/Pet-food Raising. The Additional Training/Stats is What will make them more powerful in the end. There are some Exceptions, for instance, the Malboro pet will have a slightly higher DPS than our Current pets, But lack HP/DEF over them.)

Through this raising you would raise your affection with it like you would an Adventuring Fellow, but Affection would come into play later. Through Raising it they could also consider the possibility of increasing a pets stats/attributes/behavior... But that might be going a little too far. The Idea would be raising a 1-of-a-kind Companion, Being able to remake it over and over might cheapen that idea, But its open for debate.

Types of Pets!
*(Bird)a Roc Pet, Found in Riverne B01, Near the entrance with all the Rocs, (Click ??? by a Tree, small cutscene to find egg). Roc Pets would have High Evasion, and General Thief Job Traits. (THF/WAR)
*(Beast)A Buffalo pet, Found in Uleguerand Range, Near the frozen waterfall. (Click a ???, same as before, you see the pattern). A Buffalo pet would high Defense/Attack/HP. General PLD traits, Including the ability to Buff itself (Maybe?) (PLD/MNK)
*(Vermin)A Wamoura Pet, Found in Mount Zhaylom (I imagine near Cerberus Area). This one would hatch as a Campa, and by day 7 turn into a Wamoura. Wamoura would have high INT/MAB, Making its Magical Based TP moves do great Damage. Also would have access to /WAR traits. (BLM/WAR). (Possible Access to some Spells?)
*(Lizard) A Peiste Pet, Found in Pashhow Marshlands (S), near where Konsc zone is. Peistes would have High Accuracy/attack, Consider it a (WAR/DRG). It would have the lowest attack speed of all the pets.
*(Plantoid) a Malboro, Found in Rolanberry fields in "Brutus Field". Malboro would be MNK/WAR Type. High Attack/Double Attack. Good TP moves. high HP.
*(Aquan) an Orobon pet, Found in Arrapago Reef, on the ground near one of the boats. Orobon pets would have high HP an high Magic accuracy. Making its TP moves potent and have high-proc rate.
*(Amorph: Flan. Can be "found" In Mount Z. This Pet will be a heavy hitting Nuker pet with a fair amount of Physical Defensive properties. Also access to a good deal of debuff and (Make them AoE) buffs.

Each would "Hatch" as a smaller form of itself (Don't give me lip! Abyssea introduced the obvious ability for SE to hit the "Big" and "Small" Button to re-size a mob, They could do the same). And by day ~7 grow into its normal size.

Raising Your Pet!:
Once you find the Egg you want above, You bring it to Brutus. You confirm this is the pet you want and it begins caring for it. By day 2 It hatches in a "Small" form. By this day you can walk it around Rolanberry Fields. Raise its Affection by Walking, or simply by spending time with it similar to Chocobo Raising. You can bring it pet food Biscuits to raise its affection too, Though Brutus will take care of "Feeding" Normally. By day 15 he's "Fight Ready!" and you can call him in Battle.

Similar to Chocobo Raising, There would be a Schedule to Care for your pet. It would be less intricate than a Chocobo Raising system. The Following are some activities.
*While in Egg
Can "Be with" your monster. Simply like Watching over it. Spend time with the Egg.

*When hatched
Spend time with your pet.
Go for a Walk with your Pet.
Train with your pet: Physical
Train with your pet: Magical

First off, You can only train once per day! Now, Training your pet Has two effects. One it will slightly raise their proficiency in the said field, Each "Training" would also have a Small chance to have your pet learn a Special Ability specific to Each pet. They all have a possibility of 2 Different Abilities, Learned from Training. The Abilities are as Follows:

Roc:
-Critical Evasion: - Raises Evasion when HP is below 50%
-Potent Beak: - Raises Critical hit Rate. (10%)

Buffalo
-Critical Defense - Raises Defenses (PDT/MDT) When HP is Below 50%. (-10%)
-Leeching Hide - Has Occasional "Dread Spikes" effect when hit. (5% proc rate)

Wamoura
-Critical Magic - Raises Magic Accuracy and Magic Attack under 50% HP. (10%)
-Burning Fur - Grants "Blaze Spikes" Effect: (15~30 Damage)

Peiste
-Critical Aim - Increases Accuracy when HP is below 50%. (10%
-Venomed Fang - Melee Attack Occasionally inflict Poison. (10hp/tic)

Orobon
-Critical Magic - Raises Magic Accuracy / Attack under 50% HP. (10%)
-Leeching Lamp - Melee Effects Occasionally Drain HP: (10% proc, ~25hp drained)

Malboro
-Critical Attack - Increases Attack, Lower Attack Speed When under 50%. (5% each)
-Tainted Tendrils - Has Random Effects on melee Attack. (5% proc, Paralyze/Slow/blind.)

Flan
Mana Surge - Adds Refresh (10mp/tic) when MP is under 25%.
Spike Mode - Increase Magic Accuracy, Magic Attack, and Casting Speed when under 50% HP.

You can learn both Abilities, And if you train your pet Every day the chances of learning both are high. Will always learn at least 1 If you train with him. (Note: If you do not learn both, There would be an Option with Brutus to continue Training, Over time it is possible to learn Both Abilities with some Effort!)

As for the Specific Training Regimes effect on your pet.
*Training: Physical.
Increases STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/ACC/ATK/DEF/EVA by 1
*Training: Magical
Increases INT/MND/CHR/Macc/Matk/M.EVA/M.DEF by 1
*Going for a Walk
Increases Maximum HP by 15.

Affection System, And its Benefits
During raising your Pet, You will gain Affection points (Not seen, But accumulated through time spent). These points will directly impact the potency of your "Familiar" when used with your personal Pet.

0-15 "Affection: Pet gains basic Buffs of Familiar.
16-30 "affection": Pet gains an additional 5% boost to Familiars effects. Haste+5% Added.
31-45 Affection: Pet Gains Add. 10% boost to Fam. Effects. Haste+10% Added.
45-60 Affection: 15% Boost. 15% Haste
61-75 Affection: 20% boost. 20% Haste
75-cap Affection: 25% Boost. 25% Haste.

If fed a Pet-Food Biscuit (Any Kind), it will raise Affection by 3 Each time (Once per day). Walking with your pet will raise Affection by 2, Spending time with your pet will raise it by 1. This is a total of 6 Points per day. When the end of your 15 day cycle is over, its possible to have capped Affection if fed a Pet-food Biscuit every day.

Pet Food Biscuits: In Depth
Another Benefit of the Pet-Food Biscuit System would be increases in your Pets Attributes permanently (Only during RAISING, not after raising). I know the comparison might not connect with all people, but think of it as "EVs" from Pokemon, As follows. (Please Note, These Effects would only Be given during Raising the pet, Not actually when Summonable)

Pet Food Eta: Will Raise your pets HP by 1%
Pet Food Zetat: Will Raise your Pets Attack by 1%
Pet Food Espilon: Will Raise your pets Accuracy by 1%
Pet food Delta: Will Raise your pets Defense by 1%
Pet Food Gamma: will raise your pets Evasion by 1%
Pet food Betta: Will raise your pets Attributes by 2 (STR/DEX/ETC)
Pet Food Alpha: Will Reduce damage taken by your pet by 1%

Since you can only give 1 Pet food per day (Maximum 15 days) you can Get each of those up to 15x. Meaning if you give your pet only Eta Biscuits for 15 days, He'll have 15% more HP than someone who didn't. You can mix/match etc. This gives every pet its own unique flavor based on the Beastmasters preference. Maybe you want a Malboro With mega-Attack? or a Roc with higher Attack to match his EVA, or a Roc with higher HP to survive longer, etc etc. Its your choice.

Now Karb, What about Jug pets? Will this make them Useless ?!
Yes I have thought of this, and the short answer is NO! Long answer?: Make your "Personal Pet" on a 30 Minute Ability. This will minimize its "Monopoly" when it comes ot BST solo/duo/etc. while in exp when your pet dies less, It might remove some need for Jug pets, But maybe you made a Buffalo-Tank pet, Who won't be the best DD in an Exp, So you'd still call Nazuna or Lizard. Your personal Pet would be there to be called, but would not completely Obsolete the use of Jug pets. Especially In situations where you're low-manning Solo-Duo where you might be summoning multiple pets while kiting. It just offers you a personal companion Able to be used every ~30 minutes. (maybe more? Up to you).

How To call!
Based on the pet you chose, You will a get a Specific Jug for you. It would be like "Jug of Brutus' Broth" in the description (Probably via a "Signature" type addition) it would tell you the Pet type. Equipping this Broth and using the Special Ability:

"Call Companion":
Recast: 30 Minutes
Use: Instant

It would call your Personal pet. My idea is that the broth could be unlimited uses, Or that every ~5-10 Uses you would have to "Refill" it with Brutus, Costing either a Small gil fee, or a Fee of Gil+Pet Food biscuits, Or something Creative based on the pet. (for instance, Maybe refilling the Peiste jug would require some type of meat?) Open for ideas!

Secondary Idea; Called With 2hour Similar to how "Call Wyvern" Used to be. Affection Would be changed to Enhance pets basic stats a small amount, Or simply be removed.

Additional Notes:

Nothing here yet, But I'm really open to Suggestions to Add. Please comment here on why you dislike the Idea, Or Like it. suggestions for improvement, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-04-02 10:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This actually sounds pretty cool, my bst is only like 20 or something, but all of this sounds like a good idea.

Only have a few suggestions: Magical training could also increase M.def and M.eva and for usage I think if it has unlimited uses it should have a longer cool down(maybe 1hour if not more) but I'd personally go with multi-use of around 10~15 with lowered cool down but still around or above 30 mins with the recharge payment to Brutus. Could be a <rare> item from the specie-specific mob ie. Buffalo Pet -> Audumbla Hide.

Only thing I see wrong with this is that bst is already pretty damn powerful with a jug pet, which is probably why SE made them 2/3(?) as strong as an equal leveled charmed mob.

If anything though, they could make jug pets slightly weaker and having the recast of the "Brutus Jug" over 2 hours to reduce the overpowering effect introducing a pet like this would be.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-02 11:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds good, but having an oversized pet will not only bring lag and such, it will bring too many disadvantages (blocking view, monster/camera frustration, etc).
and if you are a taru, it might eat you :(
maybe a miniature version? and a manticore would be fun to have too
[+]
 Leviathan.Ianto
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Ianto 2011-04-02 11:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'd be good to have familiar to call a "quested pet" like how smn has to use Astral flow for alex and odin.
Jug pets are pretty decent now though with the higher level jugs pretty much covering each type of situation you'd want a pet for.
I do think the customisation aspect described seems a bit powerful.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-02 11:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
This actually sounds pretty cool, my bst is only like 20 or something, but all of this sounds like a good idea.

Only have a few suggestions: Magical training could also increase M.def and M.eva and for usage I think if it has unlimited uses it should have a longer cool down(maybe 1hour if not more) but I'd personally go with multi-use of around 10~15 with lowered cool down but still around or above 30 mins with the recharge payment to Brutus. Could be a <rare> item from the specie-specific mob ie. Buffalo Pet -> Audumbla Hide.

Only thing I see wrong with this is that bst is already pretty damn powerful with a jug pet, which is probably why SE made them 2/3(?) as strong as an equal leveled charmed mob.

If anything though, they could make jug pets slightly weaker and having the recast of the "Brutus Jug" over 2 hours to reduce the overpowering effect introducing a pet like this would be.

The Idea would be that your Unique pet would be Slightly Better than Jug Pets Alone, Stats would even out, But with the Abilities they would become slightly more powerful.

My Secondary "Summon" Idea would be that these could be Summoned with our 2hour, similar to how "Call Wyvern" Used to be. Simply equip the right jug, and use Familiar. This would remove the need to implement a new Job Ability.

Also, It could be a level 95+ Ability, a "Final" Job Ability/Jug idea for BST. a Pet that, While you cannot infinitely summon like a lesser jug, Offers a little more customization, as well as that "Friend" Feeling that other Beastmasters in FFXI Speak of. When you do beast-master story-line, They all speak of how devastating it is to lose a pet, us BST just toss pet after pet like they're nothing. This pet would be our own Personal Companion whom which we can battle with, unlike disposable jugs. he would be a permanent Ally.

Bismarck.Misao said:
sounds good, but having an oversized pet will not only bring lag and such, it will bring too many disadvantages (blocking view, monster/camera frustration, etc).
and if you are a taru, it might eat you :(
maybe a miniature version? and a manticore would be fun to have too

The Idea was to Only be able to make 1 of the Above pets per Beastmaster, also have only 1 Relating to each Mob Type (Beast/lizard/etc), Buffalo would cover BST, but its a rough choice, Manticore might also work, I wanted a Balance and thought Buffalo for "Tank job" as they are PLD-types In the wild.

What i wanted was, you would chose your favorite and make him! It would be different based on the Beastmaster. It would introduce a "Unique" Aspect to each BST, like Merits, no two would be the same. Some may have a Roc Pet with 15% more Attack, Other could opt for higher EVA, Someone could have made a Buffalo with increases HP, or one could have made one with higher Attack.

Also, the Idea to make them Slightly smaller isn't a bad one at all! buffalo/Mant would be easier to program i think, as the Campaign NPC uses both (?).
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-02 11:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ianto said:
I think it'd be good to have familiar to call a "quested pet" like how smn has to use Astral flow for alex and odin.
Jug pets are pretty decent now though with the higher level jugs pretty much covering each type of situation you'd want a pet for.
I do think the customisation aspect described seems a bit powerful.

It may sound powerful, maybe i should elaborate on it in the OP.

The customization (After all is said and done) Would make the pets more powerful than our Jug-Summons, but not by much.

For instance, Say Nazuna has 3,000HP, the Buffalo if Fed HP+ Biscuits all 15 days would probably have about 4,000. only 1k more. and thats with all Pet food fed to give him more HP. Without such he would only have a few more than Nazu as base.

And for instance the Roc Pet, While seemingly overpowered(?), Would be about as strong as Dipper-Yuly, who is also a THF Type, but the roc would have slightly higher attack (I.E, If Dipper Yuly hit for 100, The Roc would hit for 120). Through Training they Would improve.

Their Attack/Accuracy would be about on par with Normal jug, as is their HP, Its their Abilities and how you train them that will make them Better in their individual fields. There are some Exceptions, The Malboro Pet as a base would be slightly more powerful than normal jugs in terms of Attack power (say Nazuna hit for 100, on average Malboro would hit for 150). But Malboro would greatly lack HP/VIT, and would die quicker than Nazuna.

Think of it as "Its a normal Jug strength, But through raising it and familiarity it becomes stronger". They aren't as powerful as it comes off. The "Abilities" Are something i added i wanted it to be unique, Some NMs in the field have these abilities. Having a pet with Blaze-Spikes isn't too bad, and Increases its EVA under 50% HP isn't that overpowered either.

I think i will add this to the OP, to stress that they will be about as strong as our Basic jug pets, But through the Training they would gain slight Advantages. This is to add uniqueness to these pets.

Edit: Added to OP :)
Edit2: Dumbed down their Abilities a tad for some of them. Remember that Unlike Players, BST pets dont benefit from Cruor buffs or Armor. Outside Abyssea they won't even have Atmas, and outside-Abyssea content will likely be coming. These pets might be more designed for Post-Abyssea rather than Current-Abyssea. Perhaps Making them our "Level 95+" Jugs would be a good idea? at level 99 the idea of "Overpowered" Seems moot, as Mobs 100+ Will likely still stomp our pets due to level difference, and those Pre-That are already took weak to worth mentioning.

When we first got our new jug pets, People though they were Super-crazy powerful cause of what we were used too before them. These "Personal" pets would simply be a Little more powerful than our current jugs. And as such have Limited uses, They wouldn't be summonable every 5 minutes like Call Beast, it would have a much more extended time. While that might not seem like a lot to a Party-Oriented BST, To those that Solo it creates a sense of Uniqueness for this pet, as we usually burn through multiple. So it would not obsolete jug Pets entirely, as they would be in general the normal strength of Jug pets with a few perks.

Also each pet food having an effect during raising might Stimulate the Pet Food Market and make more PEt food Available, at least certain types.

Edit3: I mention Training a lot, I should noted again, that you can only train them the 15 days they're in "Care" With Brutus (Outside of Learning Abilities). So it wouldn't be something you could do over and over.
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-04-19 15:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura..Karbuncle said:
*(Amorph? Open to ideas . . .)

Maybe a giant worm, like Megamaw Mikey. I know what you're thinking "that's pretty dumb, a worm wouldn't be able to follow the BST." But, what if when you "heel", the Giant Worm would go underground, and sort of followed you that way? Yeah, it sounded better in my head. . . :/

But for Aquan I would much prefer a giant crab (like Krabkatoa).
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 21:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather keep the current system and have a new system of food to enhance pet traits, ie: evasion, str, etc
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-19 21:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like hunter pets in wow lol
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-22 17:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
sounds like hunter pets in wow lol

SIMPSON DID IT SIMPSONS DID IT.

i.e: 99% of ideas in video games are taken from 99% of Ideas in other video games. and for the record I've never played wow. Sounds like they have a good system in place then if you ask me :)

Valefor.Houppelande said:
Asura..Karbuncle said:
*(Amorph? Open to ideas . . .)

Maybe a giant worm, like Megamaw Mikey. I know what you're thinking "that's pretty dumb, a worm wouldn't be able to follow the BST." But, what if when you "heel", the Giant Worm would go underground, and sort of followed you that way? Yeah, it sounded better in my head. . . :/

But for Aquan I would much prefer a giant crab (like Krabkatoa).

Got your PM. Yes, I forgot about Krabkatoa lol. It could be doable.

Giant worm isn't too bad. they do move underground, But they become untargetable underground, Would lend to some weird hate mechanics for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-22 17:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Good idea, which naturally means SE will never do it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-22 18:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are all uncharmable pets.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-22 18:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this from the official forums?

Edit: Nvm I read the post -.-
 Valefor.Forgotten
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-04-22 19:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No fat chocobo on that list! SUCKS! >:(
I kid, I liked.

Quote:
But, what if when you "heel", the Giant Worm would go underground, and sort of followed you that way?
Change them to a moving "bump" of dirt when underground, so they remain targetable.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-22 23:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yes. Yes thats the point. Thank you draylo.
[+]
 Asura.Nimrot
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-04-23 05:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i want a gnat XD
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-04-23 05:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yes. Yes thats the point. Thank you Draylo.

But if they cannot be charmed, what incredibly charismatic swagger would be required to get them onto your side? Surely raising them from birth would not be enough, it's unpossible.

/seriousresponse

It's a neat idea. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar implemented on DRG, raising your wyvern to be a personalized force of mayhem and destruction, or piety and salvation! The lore is already in the quests.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-04-25 09:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Karb - maybe you can have someone illustrate this idea (like that dude that posted on the official forums about the skill up arena, or whatever it was called.)

FFXIAH has a few really good artist, perhaps you can contact them, and see if they're willing to draw 4-5 pictures of this.

One could be your Mithra BST handing a "BST egg" to Brutus to begin the quest.

Another one could be the egg hatching, and maybe a Peiste being born. And your BST could have like tears in her eyes (like a proud dad).

Another could be you feeding your baby Peiste - or whatever you pet might be.

But anyway, you get the idea :)

Anyway, I'm think your idea is amazing.
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-25 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Im no BST but this sounds like a pretty cool idea.
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-25 09:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

as a 90 BST ... i can tell you they already have this its called your NPC and if i wanted to do as you said i would of just go play with my NPC. its faster, easier, to just use the area pets or jug pets. and when your quested pet dies. casue it will waht now. the pets are throw away monsters you use adn abuse and discard like trash. tehy are simple playthings you command and toss away at a whim.

so you spend a month levleing a pet that. is equal as a NPC.... thx but no thanks.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-04-25 10:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a really cool idea, as mentioned above though the only issue I could see with your monster choices would be the size causing lag etc. The idea of mini versions is cool though, like the baby Faf's and baby sand worms in abyssea, maybe even teenier ^^
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [751 days between previous and next post]
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-15 21:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been bumped on the official forum so, NECRO BUMP.
If you want any attention for this and any chance at an SE version of it. Please make a stink on the official forum so the community reps have to make a response.
Personal Beast Pet
By Zoltar 2013-05-15 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't like it. Why? Because pets/jugs die too fast for regular use. I'd hate to have this implemented and be stuck with a 30-60min recast of said pets.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-15 21:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

Some of them used to be charmable back in like 2004~2005. Rocs, particularly the Abraxas in Lufaise Meadows, were "overpowered" so SE nerfed large pets aka the stuff that makes the ground shake.

Also, I thought Rocs were BRD type monsters? At least Roc and Sim always sing stuff. Just 'cause a monster isn't plainly using a 2 hour or casting a job-specific spell, doesn't make it a WAR every time. Just sayin',
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-15 21:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about this thread. Anyway

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Greater_Bird

Common Jobs are indeed BRD/WHM, But under uncommon, lesser seen, are THF and WAR. That and most of them are unclassified except NMs, So it'd be hard to gauge if the normal ones were WAR or not, most do double attack with some degree of frequency, but most mobs have a SUbjob so, like many, its probably /WAR.

Who knows, Either way, I went with WAR i guess back when i made this o.O.

Plus, Wiki, IDK how accurate, lists the ones in Lufaise as "WAR", so Its what i went with? I DUN REMEMBER D:

Zoltar said: »
Don't like it. Why? Because pets/jugs die too fast for regular use. I'd hate to have this implemented and be stuck with a 30-60min recast of said pets.

Meh, thats why you'd use normal jugs inbetween... Idea was not to obsolete the Jug market, but to have a unique companion, which is kinda what the entire BST Storyline is about, and how it felt.
[+]
By Zoltar 2013-05-15 21:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you're saying, but bst companions unlike pup/drg tank moreso in a fight. Its why bst has snarl too, to offset enmity. I guess I just don't see bst being treated like drg
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-15 21:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal Companion Pets
work in progress. adding to and editing as things come to me.
By Shiroineko 2013-05-15 22:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In the spirit of uncharmable pets, I vote Flan for amorph. Y'know, apparently the only available option :'(
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-17 11:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroineko said: »
In the spirit of uncharmable pets, I vote Flan for amorph. Y'know, apparently the only available option :'(

Added :D
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Flan really doesn't fit. It's not exactly an animal, it's a failed experiment.
First Page 2