Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Max reward sets and pet resistances
Max reward sets and pet resistances
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Yurimi
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Yurimi 2011-04-01 09:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a set that gives the maximum boost to reward with current gear, preferably one with and without khim bonnet as well as with and without body slot(af bodies for status yada yada). I did some looking around and it makes me sad to see most BST dont have a proper MND set for their BST's and looking through their item sets makes me sad. Also looking for if any pets are resistant to certain ailments (we all know about dipper and wind but any resistant to ice or lightning or such).
By socromon 2011-04-19 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

replace head with twilight helm, and body with af1/2 body depending on status, I don't use zoraal ja because it wipes TP from other weapons when you swap and that's just silly at this point
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 11:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

socromon said:

replace head with twilight helm, and body with af1/2 body depending on status, I don't use zoraal ja because it wipes TP from other weapons when you swap and that's just silly at this point

You really don't use Zoraal Ja's? That extra reward can save your life
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-19 11:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My dream setup is the same as Socromon except I could see using Zoraal Ja's in a situation where you are not in there fighting it with your pet. Also, if you dont do Einherjar you can use Faith Torque. It has 5 MND also and you could get it without having to rely on an Alliance. Although I read that you'll need a good reward set to kill JoFaith lol
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-19 11:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
socromon said:

You really don't use Zoraal Ja's? That extra reward can save your life
^
Bad BST is bad D:

Also MND unless you're REALLY fussy doesn't add that much tbh, only worth it if you have nothing else to waste the space on, myself I have 3 other 90ties, a 75 and leveling BLU, so.
MND also is a decreasing return, not increasing.

Zoraal x2 (or w/Pallas's shield if for some reason you wish to single wield) Ogre Gloves, Ferine Earring, Monster Gaiters, Khim or Bison Warbonnet and you're good. Replace any of those and you're just being silly.

Edit: @ Inu, need to suck it up and lose TP for Zoraal axes, 20% is a BIG difference. More so in NM fights.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 11:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With bst, if you're snarling properly, you should be in there wrecking the ***out of the mob WITH your pet. If the mob spams -aga4s and whatnot, perhaps not.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-19 11:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
With bst, if you're snarling properly, you should be in there wrecking the ***out of the mob WITH your pet. If the mob spams -aga4s and whatnot, perhaps not.

This is what I was referring to

Edit: Also, I dont have bst90, It's just at 60. I leveled it for fun pre-abyssea. I'm just going off of what I've read. I know that the Axes do add a ton to Reward tyvm
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-19 11:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

This is what I was referring to
That's usually what I fight D:
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Or mobs like Amun who love to disable your job abilities at the worst possible times lol
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-19 11:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, or the random Murex who turns up at the worst possible moment.

@Inu you should of made that more obvious, lol I leveled my BST back in 2007-2008.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 11:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Only post-abyssea will you see ppl straining to add more MND+ gear for super-max reward, like me when i fail at soloing Gration :/
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-19 11:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Only post-abyssea will you see ppl straining to add more MND+ gear for super-max reward, like me when i fail at soloing Gration :/
This is when I comment on Dawn Mulsum.

Bottle of dawn mulsum
A sweet drink often offered to the
Goddess, Altana. It is first mentioned
in the holy scripture in Trepidations IX.

"Ye cannot drink the cup of the
Goddess, and the cup of Daemons."

* Restores Pet HP. (35%)

Stackable: Not Stackable

Cooking (96?)

Yield: Dawn Mulsum
Ice Crystal

* Holy Water
* Grape Juice
* White Honey
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-19 12:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakurawr, that's cool to see that. I did not know that existed. Of course I have not yet turned my attention to bst yet. Also, what's wrong with building as much mnd as you can to maximize Reward? Diminishing returns or not, it is a return.

1200 + 2*(MND-50) is a linear equation and how many fights have you won with your pet 1% in HP with a DoT on it dieing right after you deliver the last blow?

/barfire
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-19 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea saku better start selling me this ***till my cooking gets up another 30 levels lol
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-20 10:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Sakurawr, that's cool to see that. I did not know that existed. Of course I have not yet turned my attention to bst yet. Also, what's wrong with building as much mnd as you can to maximize Reward? Diminishing returns or not, it is a return.

1200 + 2*(MND-50) is a linear equation and how many fights have you won with your pet 1% in HP with a DoT on it dieing right after you deliver the last blow?

/barfire
Nothing wrong with it, just saying it's not worth it unless you have nothing else to use your inv on. I personally can't afford the inv loss, lol.

I got the White honey, can craft Mulsum any time :p
By socromon 2011-04-21 09:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use zoraal ja because i have guttler lol thanks for caring though
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 09:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

According to wiki it's 1200 + 4*(MND-50)... which even outside of abyssea should beat the muslum by a bit.
By Zoltar 2011-04-21 11:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

socromon said:

Unless Guttler has "Hidden effect: Reward +20%", it won't help you lol

But you left it outta your gear config conviently lol

Either way, go farm a couple axes, a bst with a Guttler wouldn't brag about using an incomplete reward set
 Bismarck.Guttler
Server: Bismarck
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-04-21 14:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And those with Guttlers should be using dual -pdt and swapping in dual Zoraal Jas.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 14:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

socromon said:

/sigh

so sad to see....

bst needs 4 axes, 2x pdt, 2x reward. Working on mdb, not seeing much of a demand so far with mdb+5 on each.

Not sure i'd even want to do farsha, would mean i'd have to store tp and drop a pdt axe. Would also mean my pet would get hit for greater than 0.

My reward set uses Zeta and cures my rabbit for 35% of his health. 1540 hp usually. Its a little to potent for dipper, have to let dipper hit <9% usually so i don't break ducal guard. Anything in abyssea >50% pet health is waste.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-21 14:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
socromon said:

/sigh

so sad to see....

bst needs 4 axes, 2x pdt, 2x reward. Working on mdb, not seeing much of a demand so far with mdb+5 on each.

Not sure i'd even want to do farsha, would mean i'd have to store tp and drop a pdt axe. Would also mean my pet would get hit for greater than 0.

My reward set uses Zeta and cures my rabbit for 35% of his health. 1540 hp usually. Its a little to potent for dipper, have to let dipper hit <9% usually so i don't break ducal guard. Anything in abyssea >50% pet health is waste.

You left out Evasion Axes. You shame BST.

Also, if your pet is getting hit for 0, why do you even need Reward sets?

Also, consider just, like, not equipping Reward+% stuff to maintain Ducal Guard, nowhere in the playbook does it say you need to use your max reward set every time.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 14:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
socromon said:

/sigh

so sad to see....

You left out Evasion Axes. You shame BST.

Also, if your pet is getting hit for 0, why do you even need Reward sets?

Magic.
Only works for physical. ??? Needles is physical, can eat those all day long.

Also why evade when you get hit for 0?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-21 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

why evade when you get hit for 0?

Probably because Atmas don't exist in the entire game?

Also, having solid Evasion sets for Dippyattack means you can get DD atmas and kill faster on a lot of stuff.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 14:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Makes sense.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Also, having solid Evasion sets for Dippyattack means you can get DD atmas and kill faster on a lot of stuff.

I usually run DG/RR/Heavens, guess could swap heavens for more DD, not sure what i choose then GH maybe?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-21 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Makes sense.

What's needed to hit the 100% on PDT? I haven't got around to making the second PDT axe, cause weather patterns have been terrible while I'm on.

Both Evasion axes took a day to complete, from start to finish though, I really recommend just going for it.

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I usually run DG/RR/Heavens, guess could swap heavens for more DD, not sure what i choose then GH maybe?

Pets don't get Cruor Buffs, so VV isn't a bad DD choice. Atma of the Stronghold is a solid bet, and GH is probably the best, for it's Evasion(AGI) and Critical BOnus.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 15:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Makes sense.

What's needed to hit the 100% on PDT? I haven't got around to making the second PDT axe, cause weather patterns have been terrible while I'm on.

Both Evasion axes took a day to complete, from start to finish though, I really recommend just going for it.

PDT x2, shepherds neck(good luck on this), ferine legs+1, AMK head with dmg-10%. DG/Heavens. Haven't used Atma of the Zenith, i have tremors though. I've said in a diff post that Tremors is not -10%, Zenith and Tremors are both minor. Tremors is more like -5% dmg imo.
Also Heavens is either -11-12% or Stout/Ferine Legs+1 are more than -7%.

Edit:
Oh ya think Heavens and DG sometimes changes DG's proc to 60% health.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-21 15:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got everything but the Neck and Second PDT axe.

Not sure if I have Ducal Guard, how's that obtained? Is it one of the new Synthetics?
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-21 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I've got everything but the Neck and Second PDT axe.

Not sure if I have Ducal Guard, how's that obtained? Is it one of the new Synthetics?

Ducal Guard is from Grauberg. Rank3 fame is the hardest part. Some dominion ops, a couple quests, kill a NM at the end of it all. NM might be a little much for bst solo, haven't tried.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 19:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Also heavens should be something like zenith anyways. Like you mentioned the setup only goes to 100% for physical... but you can get magical dmg down alot while doing that. Depending on if zenith is 10 or 20% you can get up to 80 to 90% mdt while doing 100% pdt... though that would be 3 atmas lol. Also gives hp which means DG procs at a higher hp
First Page 2