Does TH Stick To A Mob If You Hit It With A RA?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Does TH stick to a mob if you hit it with a RA?
Does TH stick to a mob if you hit it with a RA?
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2011-03-31 23:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard you have to hit the mob period for your th-whateverlevel to stick to it, so does that mean if i..crossbow cuelbre it'll stick to him?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-31 23:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to be on its hate last iirc, so anything that gets you any sort of hate, be it a cure, hitting it, etc
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2011-03-31 23:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So thf/whm --> curing the other members fighting the dragon will land th on him? woot! thanks!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-31 23:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate is what I've always known as well..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-31 23:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Even just healing nearby the mob is enough yeah, any form of enmity

A self heal alone won't generate hate on a non-ally hate mob. You need to perform some sort of action on someone who is on the hate list first.

Also, you likely need to be in the alliance with claim.

And hell yeah wolfshadow
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2011-03-31 23:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
So thf/whm --> curing the other members fighting the dragon will land th on him? woot! thanks!

Yes, but the whole point is to proc it higher with melee.

If they say something about feeding TP tell them to stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

cant melee this *** though, at least, wiki says you cant (unless war + mighty strikes)

but yeah, people keep telling me that when i go thf for other mobs..
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-31 23:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valefar said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:

Yes, but the whole point is to proc it higher with melee.

If they say something about feeding TP tell them to stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

cant melee this *** though, at least, wiki says you cant (unless war + mighty strikes)

but yeah, people keep telling me that when i go thf for other mobs..
always melee if you can, but for cueloobroop just do anything to get hate, steal might work even if it whiffs, collaborator, conspirator, etc etc lots of ways
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-31 23:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

A self heal alone won't generate hate on a non-ally hate mob. You need to perform some sort of action on someone who is on the hate list first.

And hell yeah wolfshadow
***son, we just got all kinds of technical up in this ho
WORD
UP
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-31 23:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK all actions whether successful or not generate at least one CE. A paralyzed swing at a mob is enough to claim it so.. You could always test it if you wanted to be 10000% sure

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Broki
Server: Asura
user: Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-04-01 00:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He can be hit for the 30 secs his own mighty strikes are up, hence you can land normal meele hit as THF/NIN or /DNC during this period, this is also the only time during which !! blue and red can be triggered.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-01 00:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

And hell yeah wolfshadow
yes you're right. if you decide to heal beside a random mob your alliance isnt fighting that doesn't aggro, it won't do anything....> < That had nothing to do with what the OP wanted but okay. Someday when you solo non aggroing NMs without attacking them somehow OP, now you know you cant heal beside them to apply TH

As for "Can a thf/whm heal a random party fighting a NM and have their treasure hunter applied to the mob" I doubt it since gilfinder can't be applied that way but it would be easy to test. bring a thf with no th gear and a thf with a few pieces of TH gear to cure outside alliance. then you can guage by the first TH proc and it would tell you
Slander! Don't you know who Eugene is?! He'll kick you from sp!
[+]
 Cerberus.Evangel
user: Evangel
By Cerberus.Evangel 2011-04-01 00:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an easy way to test this if you're not 100% sure. Find a mob that can last for more than a few hits, and perform the action in question on it while wearing full TH gear. Then melee without TH gear (SA/TA if you have a friend with you) until you get a +TH proc and see if said action works to "set" your TH.

Also, I might be misunderstanding your interpretation of wiki, but you can melee Cuelebre when IT is using Mighty Strikes. You yourself don't have to be a WAR using Mighty Strikes to melee it.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-01 00:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

And hell yeah wolfshadow
yes you're right. if you decide to heal beside a random mob your alliance isnt fighting that doesn't aggro, it won't do anything....> < That had nothing to do with what the OP wanted but okay. Someday when you solo non aggroing NMs without attacking them somehow OP, now you know you cant heal beside them to apply TH

As for "Can a thf/whm heal a random party fighting a NM and have their treasure hunter applied to the mob" I doubt it since gilfinder can't be applied that way but it would be easy to test. bring a thf with no th gear and a thf with a few pieces of TH gear to cure outside alliance. then you can guage by the first TH proc and it would tell you

No but I WAS making clear that a THF/WHM inside alliance curing can cure themselves over 9000 hp, if they haven't actually done an action on the mob, or an action on a person who has done an action on the mob they haven't gotten hate. Which is in line with the original intent of the thread. Your explanation was slightly ambiguous, and some people many not be 100% up on how hate works.

Real example i've experienced: THF/WHM in og fafnir party, doesn't claim but in claim alliance, spends entire fight curing themselves against wing. Fafnir never gets th on it.

Practical application now: A thf/whm mule used only to get th on a mob then ignored.

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-01 12:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i'm sure i've seen a test somewhere that proved the old theory that it actually need both an action and being on hate list for th to be active. So, only curing a party member with hate is not enough to set th. You need some direct aggressive action on the target so th is applied.

Edit: Oh and by aggressive action i don't mean something that damages the target. Aggressive action is anything that can turn an idle mob's name red.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-04-01 13:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just wait til cuelebre uses it's mighty strikes and you can go in and melee on any job just be ready to take a bit of damage...
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-01 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo him all the time on SMN, almost always drops dagger w/o blue !!