Fanart for school project
 Siren.Pandasen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Pandasen
By Siren.Pandasen 2011-03-24 07:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My teacher is forcing me to do this…

We have a school project to make our own business or something to sell to make money for a school trip I don’t even wanna go on, so I decided to do something easy.
Before we even start to work we have to make a survey and all that crap, so I thought I’d use FFXIAH (she said I HAD to ask people I don’t know -.-)

My idea is to draw people their character or anything related to FFXI (I have zero plans on making any money on this, so this is just the survey thingy. I just need to do something to get the teacher off my back).

So! The questions:

1. Would you be interested in a drawing?

2. How much would you pay for a drawing?

3. What style do you prefer? (digital, traditional, chibi, realistic and so on)
 Asura.Athial
Server: Asura
user: Athial
By Asura.Athial 2011-03-24 07:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1. I might be interested.

2. The price would depend upon your skill level and the quality of the finished work, but for something like this I doubt I'd pay more than 20~ bucks. (Exceptional artwork excepted, of course)

3. I enjoy a realistic type of style, or perhaps a comic type style as well. As much as I would love to see my toon rendered in some semblance of realism, it is still a 'cartoon' character to begin with. I've seen people post their artwork on here and although each artist varies in their style and genre choices, I can give credit where credit is due when there is any sort of real artistic talent. As a digital artist myself, I am always impressed by fine digital artwork because I understand the boundaries this media breaks. However, I'm awed a bit by traditional media because, in my opinion, it takes a lot more raw skill to master a more physical art form.

Also, I wouldn't blame this choice on the threat of force from your teachers. On the general whole, teachers assign projects like this to cater to personal creativity... YOUR personal creativity. While I can understand your lack of enthusiasm for a project that might not be of interest to you (been there plenty of times), I kind of get the idea that you're trying to avoid trolls by shooting yourself down before the idea even gains ground. Don't do that. If this is your project, own it. If this is what you have to do for your trip or your grade or whatever it is, and this is the path you have chosen to take, then take it.

If it's not, then I'd advise you to do a little ruminating and figure out something more worthwhile to you personally. Motivation is a ***, but it seems like you have an opportunity to actually do something fun here.

Good Luck,

A.
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
Server: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-24 07:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

id be potentially interested..

theres a few things ive thought about trying out myself.. being digital and standard drawings.. they have been to put me as a character in a FF game.. instead of using Square* characters actually have one thats like RL me.

I would potentially be interested in paying but of course it would depends on quality and size.

examples i were considering were say HQ FFXI picture with me in the gear of say corsair.. substitute my elvaan for a cartoonised/digital ME! or actually have RL me in a fighting pose as if I was in the game (kinda Xbox kinect style)

if it makes any sense whatsoever
 Siren.Pandasen
Server: Siren
user: Pandasen
By Siren.Pandasen 2011-03-24 08:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Athial said:

Also, I wouldn't blame this choice on the threat of force from your teachers. On the general whole, teachers assign projects like this to cater to personal creativity... YOUR personal creativity. While I can understand your lack of enthusiasm for a project that might not be of interest to you (been there plenty of times), I kind of get the idea that you're trying to avoid trolls by shooting yourself down before the idea even gains ground. Don't do that. If this is your project, own it. If this is what you have to do for your trip or your grade or whatever it is, and this is the path you have chosen to take, then take it.

If it's not, then I'd advise you to do a little ruminating and figure out something more worthwhile to you personally. Motivation is a ***, but it seems like you have an opportunity to actually do something fun here.

Good Luck,

A.

I’m just stubborn and I hate school (childish, I know o.o;;)
I do get your point though^^ I'm a lot more motivated now than I was a few hours ago.

I’m not worried about trolls, just the whole “making money on copyrighted material” thingy. I can’t afford being sued >_>;