Eva/SB vs Haste/SB theif sets
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-03-23 19:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinkydink said:

plus you say you have +65 evasion... do you have eva atma as well?

I have Cloak and Dagger as well as Siren Shadow.

Leviathan.Ositoslindo said:
why would a THF need eva set in abyssea? >_> I sure don't.. not even for tanking big ***.. unless it's something HUGE like Apedemik(sp?)lol.

I'm usually depending on pick up groups so I tend not to trust them.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-23 20:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious, Everyone in this thread does know that the AGI "subtle Blow" Bonus goes beyond the natural 50% Subtle Blow cap yes?

And as for the Denali Bonnet thing... Its iffy, Denali Bonnet is the only head armor for THF with Haste and AGI (Well, The best one anyway). DPS/Subtle Blow. I would really rate that a matter of preference. I've always considered the best bet for THF Tanking heavier NMs is to Cap Subtle Blow(From Gear/JT 50%) while maintaining the absolute best possible DPS to keep the fight moving forward, as well as maintaining a decent level of AGI, as it has a significant advantage of going past the 50% SB Cap. Denali Bonnet offers something in that vain... But at the same time the argument is using +2 Head would speed up the fight, making the AGI+4 and some EVA gained from Bonnet moot, and thats a very good point.

Now that i think about it, Is the AGI/SB relation Formula known yet? Like, How much SB each point of AGI adds over Targets? It would be an important factor...

Anyway, I can't even remember the last time i needed a full-blown EVA set, So much so the one i actually have ready rarely sees light... I keep it cause i know one day Abyssea-High will be gone and I'll need it again, But inside abyssea right now its not needed entirely.

As for the EVA/SB vs Haste/SB Argument, I'd alwyas go for Haste/SB unless it was something really difficult, Then I'd try to Hybrid a Set with best possible DPS, EVA, and SB outcome with the gear i had. But i rarely fight those mobs...

a Side note, as far as Atmas go, I generally always use RR/GH/Apoc. Love that :\
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-23 20:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

why would a THF need eva set in abyssea? >_> I sure don't.. not even for tanking big ***.. unless it's something HUGE like Apedemik(sp?)lol.

lol evasion don't help with that nm. You are better off with haste tp gear and (OMG YES THAT WORD THAT IS FEARED) using your -mdt macros as needed.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-23 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol using the evasion atma's are like super situational... yet I use SS on ninja a good amount.. Ik.. I'm just lol.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-23 23:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
I was working on a eva/subtle Blow set. Came up first with

Then i wanted to see if i could max out haste and subtle blow without much loss to eva; and cam eup with this
Its a loss of around 50~ eva (which is no big deal with atmas) But it gives 26% haste and 36% Subtle blow (and +15% from /nin) with a fair amount of eva.

Any ideas or suggestions?
 Caitsith.Loughry
Server: Caitsith
user: Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-03-23 23:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Odin.Godofgods said:
I was working on a eva/subtle Blow set. Came up first with

Then i wanted to see if i could max out haste and subtle blow without much loss to eva; and cam eup with this
Its a loss of around 50~ eva (which is no big deal with atmas) But it gives 26% haste and 36% Subtle blow (and +15% from /nin) with a fair amount of eva.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'd say Set: AGI+8 earrings for evasion and subtle blow if you really want those slots filled for evasion, and that one mantle with AGI+4 and evasion +8. Otherwise if you're focused on keeping haste cap, maybe should just keep Brutal+Suppa. Should come really close to boxer's mantle if not a little better evasion wise, and gives the AGI for SB lol.

Also, I'd prefer those even outside of abyssea.
 Leviathan.Ositoslindo
Server: Leviathan
user: Tenmetsu
By Leviathan.Ositoslindo 2011-03-23 23:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:

lol evasion don't help with that nm. You are better off with haste tp gear and (OMG YES THAT WORD THAT IS FEARED) using your -mdt macros as needed.
Yep.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 08:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not much of a THF yet but I came up with this set, focusing on haste/DW/SB

This is a more offensive setup and should put you to 78% delay reduction with haste (spell) only, while maintaining capped subtle blow (assuming /nin).

I would only take into consideration to swap out the back, legs and feet if you need more eva and would come to a similar set like godof did, except for the earrings.
If you need more eva, you would probalby go even further and start sacrificing haste/DW, I guess.

Like I said though, I'm not much of a THF.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-24 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Loughry said:
I'd say Set: AGI+8 earrings for evasion and subtle blow if you really want those slots filled for evasion, and that one mantle with AGI+4 and evasion +8. Otherwise if you're focused on keeping haste cap, maybe should just keep Brutal+Suppa.

Not to down play agi at all, but with that set SB is at 51 without taking agi into consideration. Theirfor the agi+8 wouldnt realy be needed in terms of helping with SB. And the phrygian earrings would offer more eva. However it is probably good to point out the fact that i didnt take agi into consideration. Might be able to rework a few peices with them agi erings.
Does anyone no exactly how much agi effect SB?

As for Brutal+suppa, i fail to see how either of them would help keep haste cap. That aside, brutal would be nice, if i could ever finish CoP. And i cant get suppa, because i took abyseal earring for my drk (main) on Divin Might.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 12:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
I'm not much of a THF yet but I came up with this set, focusing on haste/DW/SB

This is a more offensive setup and should put you to 78% delay reduction with haste (spell) only, while maintaining capped subtle blow (assuming /nin).

I would only take into consideration to swap out the back, legs and feet if you need more eva and would come to a similar set like godof did, except for the earrings.
If you need more eva, you would probalby go even further and start sacrificing haste/DW, I guess.

Like I said though, I'm not much of a THF.

40% haste and 38% dual weild is only 62.8% delay reduction. You dont simple add them up. You Take the delay and multiple it by your haste value than by your dual weild value.

Example of 100 delay for simplicity 100 x .6 = 60 delay x .62 = 37.2 delay.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-24 12:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual weld gets taken off first, then haste
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Dual weld gets taken off first, then haste

The order you do it doesn't matter in division or multiplication since its not cumulative. Answer is the same either way. At least it doesnt matter if all you are calculating is delay.

But you are right its good practice to calculate the dual wield first if you wanted to know your tp return. Then calculate your haste since it wont effect tp return.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-27 18:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
40% haste and 38% dual weild is only 62.8% delay reduction. You dont simple add them up. You Take the delay and multiple it by your haste value than by your dual weild value.

Example of 100 delay for simplicity 100 x .6 = 60 delay x .62 = 37.2 delay.
Thanks for correcting that. ^^d
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 19:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Not to down play agi at all, but with that set SB is at 51 without taking agi into consideration. Theirfor the agi+8 wouldnt realy be needed in terms of helping with SB. And the phrygian earrings would offer more eva. However it is probably good to point out the fact that i didnt take agi into consideration. Might be able to rework a few peices with them agi erings. Does anyone no exactly how much agi effect SB?
1. They are calculated seperately.
2. Dagi's effect caps at 50% as well. Meaning if you cap both you reduce tp given by 75%.
3. iirc Dagi caps when you reach 85ish I think. But really between GH and cruor buffs you should be at almost 200 agi naked so you will most likely be capping

As stated before thf evasion is the ***Really shouldn't need to really do much specifically between cruor buffs and GH

This is what I got right now which is a bit more evasion than I normally use for tanking

Gives me +11 agi, +10 evasion skill, + 41 evasion while maintaining capped haste and 41 subtle blow /nin. Lost a little att and double/triple attack from normal DD setup but doesn't hurt the dps too much.

Obviously there are some obvious improvements... Ocelot trousers.

Maybe drop twilight belt and ballerines for af3 feet an nuska belt and using atma of the omnipotent to replace that haste. I'd lose a DD atma like apoc but gain 15 agi 11 evasion (18.5 after agi) 50 dex (help make up for some of the dmg on ws) 5% DW (gaining back some of your dps) and 5 more subtle blow.

Fugacity obviously better. Maybe ungur boomerang since really 3% DW isn't that much.