Sober On St. Patrick's Day?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sober On St. Patrick's Day?
Sober On St. Patrick's Day?
 Asura.Harleyquin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Harleyquin 2011-03-17 21:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Quiznor said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Sober as ***, have to write a paper and study for an exam tomorrow. I vote we move St. Patty to next week. ^^b
Asura.Harleyquin said:
Or at least to the weekend. :P Even though I'm not a big drinker, St. Patty's Day on a weekday spells disaster for those stupid enough to not save their huge party for the weekend.

I vote we teach you americans that its St. PADDY's day not St. PATTY's day.Although you americans have a nasty habit of spelling names retardedly most of the time (especially irish history names) so why shouldnt this be another I guess.

tl:dr Learn the name if you wanna fake *** celebrate it.

P.S. yes i live in ireland all my life and yes,im sober at 2:11am
You're pretty passionate about this aren't you?

I am actually,I dont know why.It just always annoys me that tons of american/canadians are always "all about ireland" and "oh im irish!" just because your great,great,great,great grandmother's sister's distant cousins' friend's dog walker was irish,doesnt make you irish.And they try throw it around like they are proud of it and then cant even get a name right?

/disgust

Well, I was about to go to bed but decided to check this out again one more time and seen the above. First off, don't quote me on this dude. I thought I made it plain and clear that I'm not celebrating St. Pat's Day for one, and for two, I'm not even Irish. I don't care about the holiday, I just posted this to see if there were any other people in the world not drinking today because here in Amurrrrica, that's the big drinking holiday. It's March 17, everyone get your drink on and go partay. Then there are those, like myself, who aren't big drinkers and could care less about the holiday. Since I don't care about it, nor do I celebrate it, I will call it what I want and what I grew up calling it. St. Patty's. Day.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-17 21:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
yea sucks for u dude. Greedy ***. u dont see us getting angry at the irish for having fun on july 4th.
that day is completely ignored in europe......pretty sure eveywhere in the world other than america actually? there are no celebrations anywhere,nothing in paper's,radio,news.hell they dont even say "oh its july 4th in america today for whatever reason"
oops sorry thats right america won that war my mistake
tbh,i dont know who even fought in that war.
yea i went to school in the US when they still sang the national anthem every morning, kinda funny they dont change it. brits and americans are alli now they should have changed it after wwII.

just because we're allies doesn't mean it didn't happen
 Asura.Harleyquin
By Asura.Harleyquin 2011-03-17 21:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And with that, I leave you all. Good night, have fun, troll, hate, love, or whatever. To all those getting smashed, enjoy your hangovers and to those not, good for you.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-17 21:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
yea sucks for u dude. Greedy ***. u dont see us getting angry at the irish for having fun on july 4th.
that day is completely ignored in europe......pretty sure eveywhere in the world other than america actually? there are no celebrations anywhere,nothing in paper's,radio,news.hell they dont even say "oh its july 4th in america today for whatever reason"
yea i went to school in the US when they still sang the national anthem every morning, kinda funny they dont change it. brits and americans are alli now they should have changed it after wwII.
Why should they have changed the national anthem? It isn't offensive to the English as far as i'm aware and its tune came from one of their old pub songs so meh.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-17 21:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, honestly I don't know what to make of the holiday itself. My ex (Irish American and very Gen X anti-religious type) really hated it with a passion, because of the whole "St. Patrick charmed the snakes out of Ireland" being some veiled metaphor for Catholic evangelism stomping out the pagan Irish. So she wouldn't even drink on that day either.

I didn't take a side on it because I didn't know the history of the day or the significance (also because it was many centuries ago and I couldn't empathise with being so angry about something that occurred so long ago to some distant ancestry.) But anyhow, people celebrate as an excuse to drink anyway, not for some religious connotation. That's how I view it nowadays, at least.

But in a way, I can understand people getting angry about it one way or another (as was happening on previous pages.) :p
By Nabis 2011-03-17 21:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Nabis said:
Why should they have changed the national anthem? It isn't offensive to the English as far as i'm aware and its tune came from one of their old pub songs so meh.
pub songs ehh. did not follow up learning where the song originated from since i didnt want to sing it every day. when we finaly stoped i was glad it was over :x
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 22:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sober. o/

Feels good man. Of course, I'm running on ~1 hour of sleep in 32 hours. So I'm pretty out of it as is.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-17 22:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I never drink so >:3
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-03-17 22:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am too, unfortunately.

I don't want to drink with the LA marathon coming up, and I also have class all morning/afternoon Fridays :(
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 22:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I never drink so >:3

I only drink during family gatherings, and even then only if it's like a wine cooler or something. Beer is disgusting. So is rum, for that matter.
 Caitsith.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Caitsith.Azryel 2011-03-17 23:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was at the bar at 7 a.m. this morning... Hammered has come and gone, and I just woke up from my second nap :P

I don't drink frequently, but when I do I do it right ;)

I'm a wee bit hungover at the moment, which is surprising since I usually have to wait til the next day for that :o

3 words: Irish Car Bombs -.-
 Cerberus.Jetahl
Server: Cerberus
user: Jetahl
By Cerberus.Jetahl 2011-03-17 23:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sober...I'm at work. Boo :( But I will no longer be in about 6 hours. LOL...hope y'all are having fun. Be safe!
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2011-03-17 23:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched other ppl get drunk and acted a fool today. Was really entertaining :3
[+]
By zahrah 2011-03-17 23:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Azryel said:
I was at the bar at 7 a.m. this morning... Hammered has come and gone, and I just woke up from my second nap :P

I don't drink frequently, but when I do I do it right ;)

I'm a wee bit hungover at the moment, which is surprising since I usually have to wait til the next day for that :o

3 words: Irish Car Bombs -.-

IRISH CAR BOMBS ARE THE BEST!!! Kind of wish I went out now.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Server: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2011-03-18 00:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:

*** yes my new baby

Brugal forever! been to Dominican Republic back in 2002 best damned rum I've ever had!
[+]
 Shiva.Mamacita
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Mamacita 2011-03-18 00:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If we really want to get into the name thing, isn't it just St. Patrick's Day? No Paddy's or Patty's there! :P

Here in the US, it's basically like the Irish version of Cinco de Mayo, correct? I.e. an excuse for all the lovely Americans to get drunk for something they don't know anything about...? :D

(PS I don't drink, so I'm sober and happy ^.^)
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-18 00:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly yes, still at work!!
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-18 01:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sober here.

Drugs are bad, mmkay
By Artemicion 2011-03-18 01:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sober here.

Drugs are bad, mmkay

So no caffeine then?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-18 01:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sober here.

Drugs are bad, mmkay

So no caffeine then?

I used to drink caffeinated stuff, but I have acid reflux, so I stopped a couple years ago.

Not to mention I hate the feeling I get after drinking a lot of caffeine, so I'm kinda glad I stopped.
 Caitsith.Himsa
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2011-03-18 01:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

this looks like a subtle straight edge thread. I, on the other hand, am *** out of my skull
[+]