Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Eva/Subitle Blow set
Eva/Subitle Blow set
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 15:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we appear to have the time (/grin) i figured id try to get some oppinions on a equip set for thf. Basicly an eva set (another!?.. i no) but trying to mix in subitle blow enough to cap (50) with out sacrafiseing much eva. Came up with this

Equip Set
(not sure how to how to make it show in post, do tell)

This is assuming kila+2 are eva+20 naturaly, and sub job of nin giving the 15 SB job trait bonus.
Also aware the body peice could be excahanged for a +1 or a Alcd. Harness +1, but im not paying that much extra for such a minamal gain. Granted the Alcd is nice.. untill u look at the price tag

Also with that setup, subtel blow (along with sj bonus) is already caped, to the SB form alcd would be wasted.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-15 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy
 Hades.Drayco
Server: Hades
user: Drayco
By Hades.Drayco 2011-03-15 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to use aurore doublet on my eva build personally. I feel it adds to the damage some while taking away very little from the evasion side
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 15:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

do tell how u did that hypno, youd think by now id no'
 Hades.Drayco
Server: Hades
user: Drayco
By Hades.Drayco 2011-03-15 15:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Links Equip Box, give item set ID.
{itemset]629618[/itemset}

With the correct brackets on the command line
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 15:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to use Alcide's harness since ya know evasion subtle blow +crit dmg... similar with Alcide's subligar.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 16:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Drayco said:
Links Equip Box, give item set ID.
{itemset]629618[/itemset}
With the correct brackets on the command line [/quote]

heh, i was trying to do it though the links button

For some reason that first /quote doesnt want to work. Had to add two 0.o
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I like to use Alcide's harness since ya know evasion subtle blow +crit dmg... similar with Alcide's subligar.

Those two replaceing what i have would still yeiled 3 SB less, and 4 evas more.
Not to mention the -vit form NQ, which aint as overly importent. Or the massive cost of the HQ's. The crit dmg+ would be nice, but still doesnt seem worth the cost.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 16:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh you are currently overcapping anyways. Plus can't seem to get anyone interested in camping the stupid unicorn.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Meh you are currently overcapping anyways.

Yes, but barly. it equals out to 36 SB +15 job trait = 51. As far as iv been able to find, cap is at 50

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Plus can't seem to get anyone interested in camping the stupid unicorn.

you think thats diffacult, then dont look at whats involved in getting the Torero Torque lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Plus can't seem to get anyone interested in camping the stupid unicorn.
you think thats diffacult, then dont look at whats involved in getting the Torero Torque
Yeah except that has several drops and an atma people want... and the pops along the way have some ok stuff too. It's not killing it it's getting people interested in farming the set and proc'ing before I brew it to hell
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-15 18:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

yea.. still not looking forward to it'
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-15 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current Eva+SB build

the mirke has eva+10 and SB/STP +4
the anwig is eva+10 agi+2 haste+2%
with /nin it's a total of 44 subtle blow.
the evasion is enough to cap on most NMs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 18:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly a single evasion dagger and GH are enough to cap me on most nms. I've only had to pull a 2nd one once and never set an atma or used other gear. And now I use head ring so yays.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-16 07:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoting is borked for me, but What Dasva said.

Actually, I generally hit high enough EVA with just Gnargled Horn + Cruor buffs. Then again I usually low man with a WHM and/or a RDM so i don't have to care too much about being hit >.>;

So I rarely use my EVA build anymore, But My current one is a mix of EVA/DD/Subtle Blow. Because In Abyssea you will almost never need a Simple PURE EVA set anymore.

Prepare to be confused.

This is my Current EVA/DD/SB mix build. Its purpose is to keep up my DPS as well as a touch of Evasion into the process.

Its looks like a crazy-pool, But it gets the job done for me, I rarely use this, I generally fight NMs in my TP Build as i don't need to evade often, but on more Dangerous NMs this Set Gets the job done. I try to incorperate SB/AGI/EVA/DPS(haste/Dual Wield) into a Ballance here. I haven't perfected it but for now im satisfied with this.

Its obviously not perfect, But generally it offers enough Evasion, Subtle Blow, and Agi, as well as DPS-upkeep to get the job done for me. (obv Upgrades would be Alcide's Harness too, but I'm too cheap to buy one of those right now)

Anyway, My Recommendation is to create a build good for you. Its generally a good idea to Test the waters with a TP build, Then slowly add more EVA in the process until you hit a good ballance of DPS and Evasion. Its annoying to do this, But i think 2-3 Different Levels of EVA is a good idea, a "Light" EVA build, Maybe only changing Rings/Access to EVa, keeping your Visible gear in-tact, a "medium" Build like the one above, a Half-way between point, and a "Full EVA" build, Like the one in the second post. Its more complicated but helps you prepare to maximum kill-speed and safety for every situation.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-03-16 19:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eva +49
Agi +10
Haste +12
Dual Wield +15
Subtle Blow +34 (/NIN puts me at +49)

If I were to swap in Alcide Harness +1, I'd get;
+1Subtle, -8agi, -8dex, +6str, & slightly cooler crits.
Edit:As a byproduct from losing the dex/agi, Alcide's would also be -1acc -1eva from what Antares offers.
Which just seems kinda lol to me... (omg so worth the 6M~)
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-17 05:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about Terero Torque, I need to get my hands on that.

Also, I Completely forgot Antares Harness existed.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 05:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:
If I were to swap in Alcide Harness +1, I'd get;
+1Subtle, -1acc, -1eva, -8agi, -8dex, +6str, & slightly cooler crits.
Which just seems kinda lol to me... (omg so worth the 6M~)
The way you phrase that leaves alot to be desired. You make it sound like you are losing that acc/eva on top of the dex/agi when it's only coming out to that if you count that agi/dex as evasion/acc. And if you are doin that then you really shouldn't be putting the dex/agi in there.

Also while yes the HQ is kinda fail as it turns though functionally the HQ and the NQ are litterally just as good in abyssea since the only difference in stats are it goes from having -8vit to +6 str both of which are negliable in abyssea the same way the other effects of agi/dex are too thf.

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Quoting is borked for me, but What Dasva said. Actually, I generally hit high enough EVA with just Gnargled Horn + Cruor buffs. Then again I usually low man with a WHM and/or a RDM so i don't have to care too much about being hit >.>;
Well I meant capped evasion not just enough. Even then I think the only time I wasn't capped with at most 1 dagger was Orthus... but frankly it aga'd so much I almost always still had a shadow left over from casting after the last aga. I just kinda like using dagger cause it's easy mode. Don't have to worry about different spellcast sets and such... and well 24-25 in 1 slot is kinda nice :). But yeah I often aim for actually capping or close to capping since not being capped means even just slighlty bad luck on acc and DA/TA procs can strip your shadows like that. And well kinda used to mages that only haste when I ask it... and god forbid debuffing the nm lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Loughry
Server: Caitsith
user: Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-03-17 06:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear I use when duoing sandworm serket. I like AGI+ stuffs, and this caps Subtle blow if /nin.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 06:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Loughry said:
The gear I use when duoing sandworm serket. I like AGI+ stuffs, and this caps Subtle blow if /nin.

Interesting build for outside of abyssea... looks like you almost what a DDing thf would have in terms of evasion and Dagi effect and more subtle blow than some in abyssea

Recently tried solo some nms outside of abyssea and god abyssea has babied me with the auto ~ +120 agi for evasion and subtle blow effects.... need regearing lol
 Caitsith.Loughry
Server: Caitsith
user: Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-03-17 06:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Only upgrade I'm looking to shoot for is replacing the scouter's rope with....

The belt is non existent on Caitsith for the most part.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-03-17 12:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

The way you phrase that leaves alot to be desired.
+1Subtle, -8agi, -8dex, +6str, & slightly cooler crits.
Edit:As a byproduct from losing the dex/agi, Alcide's would also be -1acc -1eva from what Antares offers.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-18 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alcide's harness and antares harness are both nice.
But a bit expecvie compared to the age old scorpion harness Not worht an extra 1-6 mill to me. Since eventuly we still have lvl cap increase, revamping of endgame, and new augments to equips to come, i cnat jsutisy my spending so much on either of them right now.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-18 13:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke is better than antares or alcide's, if you can afford to restat it :)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-18 13:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i forgot all about the Mirke Warcedors lol. And it wouldnt cost much to restat it. Same reason i forgot about it... i never stat'ed my origional one'
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-18 13:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Mirke is better than antares or alcide's, if you can afford to restat it :)
/sad, stupid Corsair taking up my Mirke augments.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-22 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-22 12:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current eva/sb build.

Nothing extravagant but it does the job well enough for the low Tier NM I fight in Abyssea.
I've been trying to get Ocelot trousers and maybe an agasaya neck (to see how some more sb would do as opposed to eva skill) as further and final improvements.

I don't swap weapons much on THF, although I know it's not the optimal way of playing it (I lack good daggers anyways).
Yataghan has +6 dmg +5% crit
By Rieekil 2011-03-22 20:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

r8 now that what i use "MOST" of the times on my new thf ;p

got 2 eva kila +2 and 1 str Kila +2 and tons of daggers so dont pay attentions for my daggers :3

for WS i got something like this

bk :p

ninja edit

eva set .. not the best but does the job all the times :D

Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-04-10 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No one uses Dragon Harness anymore? +10 SB and 6 DEX/AGI. I have mine also augmented with +8 Acc. I keep buying Dragon Harness's and augmenting them in hopes of getting +6~8 evasion. Other than that, I full time 2 Eva Kilas. I'd like to replace my Agasaya's with a Torero, as my Dragon Harness covers the att and acc Agasayas would give. Id also like to replace my Af3 + 1 legs with either +2's, or Ocelot Trousers and my AF3 +1 feet with either +2's or Ballerines as needed. I'm also using Suppa and Brutal. I could replace with Raiders or an Eva earring, but I don't really feel that it's needed. +42 SB In total /NIN. I have some room for improvement.
First Page 2