Massive Amounts Of Pop-ups Upon Logging Into Home Page

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Massive amounts of pop-ups upon logging into Home page
Massive amounts of pop-ups upon logging into Home page
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-12 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just emailed Scragg about this, but I would like to know if anyone else has been having trouble with this?

I had just gotten out of class and decided to check my FFXIAH.com account at a school computer, but everytime I logged to the Home page, I saw in the Javascript a BUNCH of things loading, and, 5 seconds later, a flood of pop-ups that I can't control even by Alt-F4ing. I did this twice to confirm it wasn't just a one time thing, and also because I had other forums open at the time, and wasn't sure which page it was.

I don't know if it's just my school's computers (I even tried it on a different computer) or the site itself, but I managed to log in, load the Forums in another tab, and RIGHT after logging in, close the Home page and refresh the Forum tab to remain logged in. @_@

Hope no one else is having this trouble! Cheers!
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-03-12 13:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i use firefox so it doesn't happen to me, but maybe that school computer has a virus or something? hope things work out for you. maybe you could let a school admin know?
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-12 14:44:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at work right now, work uses IE and I'm having no troubles. I use Firefox at home, last time I logged in was last night and had no troubles either.

I'd guess it's the schools computer.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-12 14:46:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your school computers are in desperate need of some security updates. You should convince administrators to use firefox w/ NoScript & AdBlock Plus
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-12 15:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I'm at a different computer lab on campus with Firefox and it's working beautifully (as usual) right now. I even temporarily switched to IE to see if it happened again and nothing. Then again, this lab's administrator is completely computer savvy, so I'm not exactly surprised, just pleased. ^^

Thanks for the responses, and thanks again to Scragg for his quick reply!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-12 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sounds like your school computers are in desperate need of some security updates. You should convince administrators to use firefox w/ NoScript & AdBlock Plus

True, true. I'm almost positive our library computers are very minimally protected--they still use IE, for example. And mis-typing "facebook.com" does NOT end in good results. *scarred for life*