Ifrit Joing Odin... Seriously?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Ifrit joing odin... seriously?
Ifrit joing odin... seriously?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-05 13:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, does anyone have any figures for Ifrit/Odin and server max population? I severely doubt SE is doing this to save a few bucks on electricity.

they used to post the server population on their website a few years back. But i havnt seen it up their since before the odin lock out
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-05 13:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually kinda excited. The only person I know from Ifrit is Kungfuhustle and I like him just fine. He's funny. We've also felt like a bit of a stagnant server in the past because of the lock-down, so getting from fresh people, fresh ideas, and fresh ls's on Odin will be fun, I think.

Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2011-03-05 13:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be excited if I still played

*zoom*
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-03-05 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

why do people give a *** your merging servers? You will have more people to play with, more people to interact with, shouts will be more common you will get things done quicker. Sure you might need to wait a little longer to get an NM but so what? Stop complaining your merging.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 16:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
why do people give a *** your merging servers? You will have more people to play with, more people to interact with, shouts will be more common you will get things done quicker. Sure you might need to wait a little longer to get an NM but so what? Stop complaining your merging.

Ok Dad :_:
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-03-05 16:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Now go to your room, tidy that ***hole up and go find a god damn job!
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-05 17:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Now go to your room, tidy that ***hole up and go find a god damn job!

Good to see people from other servers taking an interest in Odin and Ifrit.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 17:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:
I'd be excited if I still played

*zoom*

Them motorboats..
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2011-03-05 17:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:

all right we can gather togeather faster to wait longer to kill stuffs >.>. personally im happy about the merge, i have friends that are too cheap to pay the $25 to transfer from ifrit to odin so it all works out for me.

edit: shee when you goin home so you can come back to ffxi??
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2011-03-05 17:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, does anyone have any figures for Ifrit/Odin and server max population? I severely doubt SE is doing this to save a few bucks on electricity.

they used to post the server population on their website a few years back. But i havnt seen it up their since before the odin lock out

Well right now at 11:30pm GMT (have to work out your own timezones from that) there are 1037 people online. Thats the most I've seen recently, usually sits around 700 or so.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 17:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

all right we can gather togeather faster to wait longer to kill stuffs >.>. personally im happy about the merge, i have friends that are too cheap to pay the $25 to transfer from ifrit to odin so it all works out for me.

Next week, so be ready! :D

Ima be hella busy with RL stuff and events and I'm returning to the US on the 28th, but I'll make it on. This time Ima buy an XBox though. Too many free nights here, lol
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2011-03-05 22:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Next week, so be ready! :D

Ima be hella busy with RL stuff and events and I'm returning to the US on the 28th, but I'll make it on. This time Ima buy an XBox though. Too many free nights here, lol
play it on a pc you goon
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Exzir
user: Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-07 10:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants to know I have been running numbers of how many people have been online on ifrit,
it has not been over 1000 very much at all. Mostly 700-900 people...
 Ifrit.Maddii
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-03-07 10:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well, first of all, SE does that for saving money on servers. fact.

if they would do it for game balance, then with (roughly) double the ppl, they should also double the mobs or respectively half the repop time or maybe make it possible to pop 2 at a time.

also, not only because of the merge, another idea would be to create an alternate way of aquiring certain pop/keyitems for NMs. idk how its on other servers, but on Ifrit its (mostly) just silly to do NMs during jp primetime.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-03-07 11:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but most groups I've met JP or NA, have usually been friendly and we take turns poping NMs. But I would like it if more ppl can get KI (Triggers) from NMs , so there will be less ppl fighting over ??? for KI sets.

Cant wait to meet you all from Ifrit ^_^
 Ifrit.Maddii
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-03-07 11:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said:
Yeah, but most groups I've met JP or NA, have usually been friendly and we take turns poping NMs. But I would like it if more ppl can get KI (Triggers) from NMs , so there will be less ppl fighting over ??? for KI sets.

Cant wait to meet you all from Ifrit ^_^

well, actually, they could make a way of proccing red as a "Ga" effect, causing everyone in the party or even alliance to get the key item.

like for instance, one of those 13? single weaponskills which one of is for red randomly at each new spawn, there could be a random skillchain combination of those 13? weaponskills which of course renews too at every new spawn/pop, causing to make a "RedGA !!"
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-07 11:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, does anyone have any figures for Ifrit/Odin and server max population?

I severely doubt SE is doing this to save a few bucks on electricity.

You'll be supprised on how much they'll save by turning off multiple servers, its less servicing costs, less to go wrong, less bandwidth, less people needed GMs etc.

At least they are cutting losses and saving money instead of giving up on updates.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-07 12:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

less needed GMs is great since those *** don't know ***.
 Ifrit.Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-07 12:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea merging really does not save much on sever or data costs. Almost all zones one on multiple servers. 1 sever will house the same 5-10 zones for different servers. 1 computer = 12 worlds 5-10 zones. Each zone is a thread and when x number of people occupy a zone it can be moved to another server. Each zone has a limit at or around 600 users. Some zones that have none connecting points can have more. The smaller servers have been losing people and some think it was because of not able to get an exp party for 3 days with invite up all day.
 Odin.Freezer
user: Freezer
By Odin.Freezer 2011-03-07 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

finally.... i hope i can find a LS that do Dynamis runs For my relic katana... b/c im 3/5 win in Beaucedine.... and i dont have a LS atm that do the run in GMT time
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-07 12:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
you'll guys soon learn that you play the same game and a server really doesnt fkin matter.

I both agree and disagree with this.

I agree that, in general, you play FFXI for the experience, not the server. In other words, if you woke up one day and S-E had secretly moved everyone to a new server, without announcement or warning, you might be (justifiably) upset, but you would (probably) still go on playing FFXI the same as you were beforehand.

However, it's pretty obvious that all servers are not identical.
Just the other day Raen was in here complaining about the number of Japanese botters in Abyssea claiming Gukumatz on his server right now. Through that discussion, we learned that not all servers are experiencing this issue, and it's possible that his server has a higher percentage of JP players than other servers. Furthermore, as someone who spent many years on Ramuh server, I can attest that that server was basically "dead", and I'm not surprised at all that it's among the servers closing shop this month. When I moved to Bismarck, my FFXI experience improved a ton, because there were more active players, less snobby players, and more NA/EU players than what I was accustomed to on Ramuh (and Phoenix, for that matter).

So, does a server's population make-up and culture make-or-break one's FFXI experience? No, probably not. However, server identity DOES play SOME role in each players' enjoyment of the game.

If I were on Odin, I would be a little miffed, for the reasons stated in the OP. Out of the 8 servers that will be receiving a huge influx of players, Odin has the largest already-existing population, so it will soon be the most-crowded server. Although, unless I'm mistaken, Odin has been one of the most-crowded servers throughout its existence, save the last year or so ... so it shouldn't really be a "new" feeling for Odin's vets. For what it's worth, at least here on AH.com, it seems there's a lot of good minds on Ifrit, so you'll be getting a good crop, Odin.

Deal with it?
I see how you disagree. When us from Hades migrated to Cerb, cerb did not use dyna calendars, so everyone was fighting for zones. It was pretty pathetic tbh. But you get used to each other, and make more friends.
 Ifrit.Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-07 13:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea server economy hmmm that might affect your game play a lot. I know on ifrit it started to see items never on the auction house. Now to get all the spells I need will wait til I get to odin.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-03-07 14:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheelay...unless you have all the disc's for the X box...you better re-think that..have been looking for them for 2 years for my son and have not found them yet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Lostangel
user: Razor
By Ifrit.Lostangel 2011-05-10 13:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

4638 Player Online at Ofrit after the Update//Merge was done.

Im not shocked about this, bc i awaited something like that.

I personaly dont care about if Aby is growed on Gukuatz or any other NM. I just hope for all we find new Friends (can keep the old friends) and are able to do some stuff together and have fun together.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-05-12 08:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Lostangel said:
4638 Player Online at Ofrit after the Update//Merge was done.

Back in the days of lock-down, it was often over 5k during JP prime time, so even with a whole extra server we're still not at the levels we were at only a year or two ago.

In the last 6 months, my whole LS more or less have stopped playing, so there's about 15 spare spots :p I think you'll all manage.
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-05-14 07:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

meh tried to zone into PJ and d/c'd..
now this w

4.8k ppl online and almost 700 in PJ @.@
thank you SE...
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-14 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
meh tried to zone into PJ and d/c'd..
now this w

4.8k ppl online and almost 700 in PJ @.@
thank you SE...

They are working on it, don't get your knickers twisted.
 Odin.Maddii
By Odin.Maddii 2011-05-14 07:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

have this problems especially during jp primetime. problem is, if it were just for Abyssea support npcs i could use the ones in the other areas, but port jeuno is and should stay the "main" area, for like shouts etc. so i cant just go exile to bastok, lol.

if theyd at least would do it like, that if Jport jeuno is congested they kick you to a surrounding area, but you just cant back on then.
back when besieged was introduced, you just got kicked to Whitegate when it was too full.

about the necessity for server merges, or the economical consequences of it, ill better not say anything ;)
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-05-14 09:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

well idk the last time i saw something like that SEs "fixing it" was closing odin ~.~

bleh almost 5.3k ppl online now and i still cant get a pt on brd -.-!