DA/TA Or Dex On Evis?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » DA/TA or Dex on Evis?
DA/TA or Dex on Evis?
By Serj 2011-03-03 23:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll go out and test it sometime. I'm pretty damn persnickety about tp returns in relation to damage.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-03-03 23:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's seriously unlikely that Triple Attack can proc on any hit of the WS, considering that would up the % of TA to over 100% during WS when using Apoc and AO.

15% native, 15% Apoc, 15% AO, that's 45%. 45% x 4 hits (1 dagger instead of two) would have a 180% activation rate during WS, in a perfect setting. That is way overkill, and anyone can eyeball that this is not the case.

First off, AO gives 10% triple and AoA gives 15% and Evisceration is 5 hits (and the offhand hit) not 4.

Second off, that's not how you figure out probabilities of successive events.

You're supposed to multiply probabilities against themselves not against the number of chances. By your logic if I flip a coin 4 times, there's over a 200% chance I get heads because it's 50% x 4.

Your numbers are wrong, but I'll use them anyone to show how erroneous your math is. A 45% triple attack rate means there is a 55% chance you don't triple. For four hits that means you would multiply .55 x .55 x .55 x .55 (which gives .091, so a 9.1% chance that you don't triple, which means a 90.9% chance you triple at least once).
By Rieekil 2011-03-04 00:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hey it's me to new thf again :P

so this time my question is ...
wouldnt Cavaros Mantle be good for WS set ?
and about evis dmg ... my dmg can do from really low dmg like 1k to high dmg like 4.9k on same mobs type ... :P am i missing something ?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 00:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cavaros is kinda crap usually.

And yeah you are probably missing the mob lol
By Rieekil 2011-03-04 00:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cavaros is kinda crap usually.

And yeah you are probably missing the mob lol

lol i think u r r8 ... with caped daggers and full marits and 8 daggers skill i still miss few hits on WS sometimes ;x

and most of the times i just end up using sushi when no one is looking my way LOL!!
By Rieekil 2011-03-04 00:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

one more thing !! how about if i wanted to solo SA or TA ? still cavaros mantle ?
 Ramuh.Attribute
Server: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-04 00:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even read page 1 but I WS in Epona's Ring and Rajas Ring for my rings. Atheling Mantle for back. I just assume the DA works like Brutal Earring does for WSs. I have yet to fully test it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 00:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieekil said:
one more thing !! how about if i wanted to solo SA or TA ? still cavaros mantle ?
Nope. Cavaros is only semi useful if you are capping fstr and pdif... and fighting stuff that easy I wouldn't care. It really doesn't add that much dmg especially in abyssea
By Rieekil 2011-03-04 02:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Rieekil said:
Nope. Cavaros is only semi useful if you are capping fstr and pdif... and fighting stuff that easy I wouldn't care. It really doesn't add that much dmg especially in abyssea

well .. how to put this ...

with my gimp thief and no AF3 hands yet
i was able to make my SA dmg jump from 700~800sh to 900sh~1,2k with only using crit hit dmg +6% dagger and cavaros mantle and loki's body :3
i thought reaching crit hit dmg +% cap is nice for SA :o
oooooooo and one more question ... ( i know i know im full with questions ... lol)

crit dmg bounse for thf job triat stick with crit dmg+% from atmas and equips r8 ? bekoz i think it does :o !! unless i was lucky all this times xD

i think i dont make sense now ..
okie,.. im off to bed :3