Forum » FFXI » NMs » Glavoid
Glavoid
First Page 2
 Valefor.Whitemiget
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-27 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What ups everyone, I'm making this topic on glavoid because i need strat help. I need strat help for 4maning. My set up is Mnk, Thf, Drk, and a Whm. This setup is perfectly fine to kill this *** but the problem is getting one-shotted by Disgorge. Ppl say that if you heal him alot he does alot of dmg but the thing is we're not healing him at all. maybe alittle 100 dmg from a melee sometimes but he still does 3-5k on disgorge. I need tips on how to avoid disgorge or tips on to reduce its dmg. Please respond ppl and thankyou
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

dnc using fan dance = profit
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 14:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:
What ups everyone, I'm making this topic on glavoid because i need strat help. I need strat help for 4maning. My set up is Mnk, Thf, Drk, and a Whm. This setup is perfectly fine to kill this *** but the problem is getting one-shotted by Disgorge. Ppl say that if you heal him alot he does alot of dmg but the thing is we're not healing him at all. maybe alittle 100 dmg from a melee sometimes but he still does 3-5k on disgorge. I need tips on how to avoid disgorge or tips on to reduce its dmg. Please respond ppl and thankyou

Stun, for ***'s sake...
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's earth based and I think magical. Appropriate gear sets help with it, as does barearth.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-02-27 14:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can actually just run into glavoid upon disgorge and avoid it entirely.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 14:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
It's earth based and I think magical. Appropriate gear sets help with it, as does barearth.
i've taken consecutive 2,850 when our whm's af3 set with his bar spell doesnt proc.

also im not entirely sure if it is magical, fan dance does reduce it.
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Serj said:
i've taken consecutive 2,850 when our whm's af3 set with his bar spell doesnt proc.

also im not entirely sure if it is magical, fan dance does reduce it.

I don't know, lol. I'm sure if you mustered together an earth resist set with bar-earth (and I think there's a hero's atma with earth resist, there's one for almost all other elements), you'd manage to find out if you can resist it.

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
You can actually just run into glavoid upon disgorge and avoid it entirely.

Didn't know that o.o

And as Zic said, you can always just stun it. It's magic isn't harsh at all.
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma_of_the_Earth_Wyrm
 Valefor.Pewpeww
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-02-27 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

our ls setup is NIN WHM BLM WAR, nin has kannagi(85) and keeps hate just find, takes 10mins or so per glavoid, under 50% NIN keeps migawari up fulltime just incase, but most of the time the blm or whm stuns discoid anyway so it doesn't matter.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-27 14:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's Gorge ability also adds to disgorge damage. Also if I'm not mistaken, he only uses Disgorge after Gorge, so just be ready for it.
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-27 14:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much help from anyone, thank you
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-27 14:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:

Would help if you could give us the other jobs of your members? or are these the only jobs you 4 have?
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-27 14:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Valefor.Whitemiget said:

Would help if you could give us the other jobs of your members? or are these the only jobs you 4 have?
Im Rdm, MNK, Other guy is Blm Drk, Other guy is Pld war Whm, other guy is Thf War Blm
By Ashaaman 2011-02-27 15:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK face tank it, THF tank it from behind. WHM Stand in the middle of them, away from Glavoid, making a triangle. The DRK stands w/ the WHM, since you should be out of range of Slowga. Keep the DRK hasted. Melee like normal, do your whm thing, tell the DRK to watch for Disgorge only... When it uses it, stun -> ??? -> profit.

Not sure what else you're asking for.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-27 15:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:

How about, go eat a *** ***? Or pull your head out from your *** ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 15:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:

Stun Gorge/Disgorge, run into Glavoid for Disgorge, Barspells, these are the solutions.

If you're looking for something else, you should look for a different mob to fight, Glavoid is Glavoid, you gotta work around that.
[+]
 Sylph.Conchita
Server: Sylph
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2011-02-27 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Valefor.Whitemiget said:

How about, go eat a *** ***? Or pull your head out from your *** ***.

Was wanting to post how you don't need stun or any other the previously mentioned stuff but .. nah :3
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I believe it's Gorge ability also adds to disgorge damage. Also if I'm not mistaken, he only uses Disgorge after Gorge, so just be ready for it.

I've seen many Glavoids that Disgorge without Gorging. I think as long as it has a store of "Healed" HP, it can use the ability.

Also, OP is a ***, asked for help then pisses on people helping, *** classy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-27 15:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody seriously needs to figure out what causes disgorge damage to fluctuate because I can't. When I tank him on NIN I've taken a 6k disgorge to the face. I usually dual box the healer so it's difficult for me to avoid it if I'm on the healer's screen at that moment. When I tank him on BLU disgorge does 600... The only difference between BLU and NIN is I don't melee him on BLU, I just stand there and spam physical spells until he dies. So, at this point, I just use BLU for tanking glavoid so I don't have to worry about keeping migawari/shadows up and it's very easy.

I would like to know what causes disgorge to do 6000 damage to my NIN however, since it's faster to kill on NIN and easier to get KI's. It has nothing to do with how much hp Gorge drains. I've had it drain up to 1440 on my BLU and disgorge still did 600 damage. He can disgorge without using gorge also. I've had my BLM partner heal it for 3800 with Aero V and disgorge still did 600 damage. Maybe it has to do only with how many times you heal him, not necessarily the amount? She does an awesome job stunning disgorge though so I guess I could just rely on that, but it would be nice to know what causes the damage to go up so much. My BLU has -50% pdt with earth wyrm atma just for sake of discussion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-02-27 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:
People told you that you can stun it, or equip an earth reduction atma (earth wyrm), to run into Glavoid to miss disgorge... what the *** kinda help do you want? lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-02-27 15:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

my advice, since you didn't take all the other advice, is to quit the game ^^
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 15:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
People told you that you can stun it, or equip an earth reduction atma (earth wyrm), to run into Glavoid to miss disgorge... what the *** kinda help do you want? lol.

Probably something a bot can do.
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-02-27 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Probably something a bot can do.

bot-stun
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need that to stun disgorge... that sad.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-27 15:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:
gl getting empyrean... if your having this much problems on glavoid (and pissing all over the people who are helping you) your never gonna get any empyrean weapon and you should give up on it.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-27 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
gl getting empyrean... if your too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to cast stun on the only damaging move the mob has your never gonna get any empyrean weapon and you should give up on it.

Agreed.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-27 16:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I see what you did there solara...lol
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-27 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

Glavoid's capable of using Disgorge without using Gorge (I've seen him use it as his first TP move after he's been popped), but his Disgorge damage is noticeably weak if a Gorge didn't precede it, only doing like a thousand damage at most. It's when he drains a good amount of HP through Gorge that the damage output from the next Disgorge is going to potentially be significant.
First Page 2